Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 7/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, RebelRobert said:

So a basketball school whose once great hoops program has specialized in jogging in place for the last quarter century should be considered a contender to win the next 400 meter sprint against its peers?

I've been asking for several years who the hell Mike Grimala is. Now I know he's nothing more than a UNLV brown noser.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:37 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

So a basketball school whose once great hoops program has specialized in jogging in place for the last quarter century should be considered a contender to win the next 400 meter sprint against its peers?

I've been asking for several years who the hell Mike Grimala is. Now I know he's nothing more than a UNLV brown noser.

As SDSU fans know, everything goes in cycles and schools go through dry spells in sports occasionally (SDSU knows this well).

UNLV is the giant of the MWC and the only one with any potential for big time success.

In the next 2-3 years we will be seeing three levels of D1 football: D1(AAA): SEC/B1G, D1(AA) B12/ACC or PAC12/ACC,  and finally D1(A): MWC/CUSA/AAC/SunBelt/MAC. Conferences in the D1(AA) and below will be locked out of the title game. Mid-lower tier P5 schools like Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Arizona, NC State, and ASU welcome to the club of have nots.   

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 7/3/2022 at 11:42 AM, RebelRobert said:

As SDSU fans know, everything goes in cycles and schools go through dry spells in sports occasionally (SDSU knows this well).

UNLV is the giant of the MWC and the only one with any potential for big time success.

You’re guys best bet is to drop FB and shop yourselves as a pair of BB adds to the PAC with the Zags.

guys, i think I broke that little bitch @NorCalCoug.  Ever since I bent him over my knee and forced him to recognize BYU is now a nobody and a far inferior program than Utah he is has been absent.  Is that an improvement over his spam trolling on this thread?  

On 7/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

guys, i think I broke that little bitch @NorCalCoug.  Ever since I bent him over my knee and forced him to recognize BYU is now a nobody and a far inferior program than Utah he is has been absent.  Is that an improvement over his spam trolling on this thread?  

You think too highly of yourself and idiotic takes.  You’re a buffoon.  Unlike you, I actually have a life off of message boards and put my Saturday night to good use.  You should try it sometime.

v0icAvfW.jpg

If and this is a big if, the PAC gets UW and OU to recognize they’re not going anywhere and sign a GOR this is going to flip and the pressure will be on the B12. The PAC commish needs to get the leaders of the NW pac schools to understand this and tell them they need to be 100% onboard once the b10 shuts them out or the B12 is going to pull teams from their eastern flank. 

On 7/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, NorCalCoug said:

You think too highly of yourself and idiotic takes.  You’re a buffoon.  Unlike you, I actually have a life off of message boards and put my Saturday night to good use.  You should try it sometime.

Yet you responded in under 1 minute....

My last post was last evening as well...

On 7/3/2022 at 10:18 AM, Reverend said:

Rumor: PAC 10 and ACC may be partnering up to break up the Big 12. From a friend of a friend  Big grain of salt. Could be true. I don't buy it.

Another rumor. This one from someone more trustworthy: Notre Dame and the Big 10 are working to come up with an agreement but Notre Dame's demands are holding up the deal. Notre Dame would be joining a year after USC & UCLA.

1. Notre Dame wants in a pod with Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue. Why Purdue? Don't know. Not negotiable.

2. Notre Dame wants a guaranteed conference game out west every season. That makes him think Stanford would be the partner but could be wrong. Not negotiable.

* Forgot to add that they wanna play USC every year.

And Notre Dame doesn't want any home games on the Big 10 Network. That is negotiable.

Thinks Notre Dame to the Big 10 will happen before the season starts. SEC is waiting on ACC schools and sees no value out west. Sorry UNLV.

Was told this Saturday morning and decided not to say anything because I didn't wanna hear any BS. But it's a slow day so.... Remember, things change. It's realignment time and tomorrow will be absolute chaos with rumors and leaks and probably news because the Big 12 and PAC 10 are scrambling.

1. B/c Purdue is also in Indiana and the two schools have played each other 85 times.

2. You aren't wrong about that.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:20 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

WTF?:hookah:

ignoring what is now ancient history- leather helmet stuff of Marcus and OJ and....

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/3/2022 at 11:42 AM, RebelRobert said:

Lake Mead is going through a dry spell. UNLV might as well be in the Sahara Desert 

On 7/3/2022 at 11:50 AM, AztecSU said:

If and this is a big if, the PAC gets UW and OU to recognize they’re not going anywhere and sign a GOR this is going to flip and the pressure will be on the B12. The PAC commish needs to get the leaders of the NW pac schools to understand this and tell them they need to be 100% onboard once the b10 shuts them out or the B12 is going to pull teams from their eastern flank. 

Assuming this happens and the PAC expands with 4-6 b12 schools, who are the 4-6?

KU/OSU/UH/TCU/TTU/BYU

or

KU/KSU/OSU/UH/TCU/TTU

this is worst case for b12/MW/AAC but kinda think it’s most likely if it’s true the NW pac schools only add about $60m to the b10 instead of the $100m needed.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:07 PM, AztecSU said:

Assuming this happens and the PAC expands with 4-6 b12 schools, who are the 4-6?

KU/OSU/UH/TCU/TTU/BYU

or

KU/KSU/OSU/UH/TCU/TTU

this is worst case for b12/MW/AAC but kinda think it’s most likely if it’s true the NW pac schools only add about $60m to the b10 instead of the $100m needed.

Big 12 bylaws state that members that plan to leave the conference are required to give 18 months notice and pay an exit fee that is equal to two years of revenue distributions. two years of revenue distributions is equal to about $75 million to $80 million dollars. What Big 12 school can afford that amount to join the unstable PAC-12?

On 7/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Damn, halfman woke up and chose violence today.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:56 AM, SDSUfan said:

ignoring what is now ancient history- leather helmet stuff of Marcus and OJ and....

And USC's national championship in 2004 and runner-up to the national championship in 2005 and its four Rose Bowl victories since then.