Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

A guess at what comes next...

UW/OU get B10 to invite them as well

UU/CU/UA/ASU Join the B12

Remaining PAC schools (Cal/Stan/OSU/WSU) invite SDSU/BSU/FSU/UNLV/CSU/USU and change name back to PAC10. 

On 6/30/2022 at 12:39 PM, Reverend said:

I only cookies and lasted the article from three years ago and have said for a year once the YB deals started heating up USC and 2 other team was gone. Big 10 wanted ICS and Texas but the SEC best them to the punch.

It's OK. I don't care. I won't even bother posting last posts of mine because you will still make up your excuses and RSF will just be his self.

Looks like I was right. And you can bet ok gonna leak the shit out of everything I here from here on out. And as of today the PAC-12 doesn't plan on doing anything but are interested in BYU and some Texas teams.

I do know Kansas fans are probably on suicide watch.

English, please, if you want me to know what you are talking about.  

On 6/30/2022 at 12:38 PM, NewGuy12 said:

So could this mean Washington and Oregon state to the MWC Then?

If Oregon State and Washington State are the only 2 left, they will invite 8-10 teams to the PAC 12 and remain P5 status. As crazy as it is it is written on the bylaws or whatever they call it. 

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

I don't think the PAC will add teams.

A couple things are in play here. Either USC/UCLA are serious about this and leave, or they're using it to get uneven revenue sharing. Uneven revenue sharing overall makes leagues and other members unhappy. 

I think all 4 California schools and Oregon and Washington potentially leave. Utah, CU, and the Arizonas potentially join the B12. Oregon State and Washington State join the MWC.

I think that's more likely than UNLV, Fresno, SDSU, or Hawaii being invited to the PAC leftovers. This 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 6/30/2022 at 12:41 PM, Reverend said:

If Oregon State and Washington State are the only 2 left, they will invite 8-10 teams to the PAC 12 and remain P5 status. As crazy as it is it is written on the bylaws or whatever they call it. 

LOL, no

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 6/30/2022 at 12:41 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

English, please, if you want me to know what you are talking about.  

Don't care. It's done. I was right and I am now moving on to let the board know what's going on which right now is nothing. Fun to speculate and will enjoy the conversation. Thanks 

On 6/30/2022 at 1:38 PM, NorCalCoug said:

It’s time for an airport meeting! I want to see a merger of the best schools from the big 12 and the Pac 12.

That was my 1st thought.  But there's still a lot of moving parts.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:39 PM, Warbow said:

Cal and Stanford will demand academics be a major part of PAC expansion. No way they let in a school that was a JC a few short years ago. San Diego St, Colorado St and Hawaii are the front runners at this time.

Academics are irrelevant at this point. 

On 6/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, Reverend said:

Don't care. It's done. I was right and I am now moving on to let the board know what's going on which right now is nothing. Fun to speculate and will enjoy the conversation. Thanks 

Right about what?  What dozens and dozens of expansion guys on twitter have been saying for over a year?  Congrats, I guess.  I would not know, I don't follow that monstrosity of a thread.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:42 PM, Jack Bauer said:

LOL, no

Actually yeah. I DOUBT that would happen and they will find a way out of it but the Big 12 was in the same situation. Regardless, they were still going to be a P5.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:42 AM, Jack Bauer said:

LOL, no

Exactly.  A Pac shell with only Wazzu and Oregon State remaining isn't pulling in anybody.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:44 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Right about what?  What dozens and dozens of expansion guys on twitter have been saying for over a year?  Congrats, I guess.  I would not know, I don't follow that monstrosity of a thread.

Seriously, we are good. Let's speculate. You didn't answer my question about BSU and Memphis.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:45 PM, jdgaucho said:

Exactly.  A Pac shell with only Wazzu and Oregon State remaining isn't pulling in anybody.

I agree but it is still written in the bylaws that those 5 P5 conferences are indeed P5 conferences regardless of membership change.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:46 AM, Reverend said:

I agree but it is still written in the bylaws that those 5 P5 conferences are indeed P5 conferences regardless of membership change.

Not if it dissolves.  

PAC is interested on Texas Tech, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, and BYU.

The only realistic MWC teams that will go to the Big 12 or PAC are SDSU, Colorado State, Boise State, and UNLV. Fresno State maybe. They bring the numbers that UNLV and SDSU don't.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:32 AM, RebelAlliance said:

Just USC and UCLA doesn't make much sense to me.  I don't know that the B1G will go full Prestige Worldwide and do a 6 or 7 school western division, but I think at a minimum UW and Oregon will quickly join the SoCal schools.  I could see Cal strong arming UCLA for ticket.  Stanford makes me wonder though.  Do the B1G schools really want to throw them a lifeline only to have that damned band ridicule their schools constantly?

The most intriguing idea I saw tossed around when the OUT to the SEC news was made public was for the B1G to go to three 7 team divisions and host a two round championship playoff (division winners + one wild card).

There are only two spots left in the Big-10. As much as the USC fans would like to deny it, they won't leave without UCLA. The bigge question is how the board of regents for the UC system will handle it.