Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 9/21/2022 at 7:30 AM, NorCalCoug said:

Good grief man, just stop.  You throw tons of shit against the wall and claim some insider status when something supposedly falls your way.  You’re no better than MHVer3 or TuxedoYoda.  You don’t know squat.  This “look at me!!” schtick is pathetic.

thank you

moron calls me out but the only threads he ever posts in are about "re-alignment" bullshit

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

On 9/21/2022 at 8:41 AM, renoskier said:

thank you

moron calls me out but the only threads he ever posts in are about "re-alignment" bullshit

Has he started tagging you in random posts and threads yet with juvenile insults and weird nonsensical accusations?  

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, NorCalCoug said:

Has he started tagging you in random posts and threads yet with juvenile insults and weird nonsensical accusations?  

meh...been there, done that...

• Cheers 1

On 9/21/2022 at 8:01 AM, NorCalCoug said:

Wilner (and Canzano) are nothing more than useful idiot mouthpieces for the PAC12 propaganda spin machine right now that’s on life support.  There’s no way anyone actually believes any of the comedy from that interview.  UCLA breaking even in the B1G like there’s a $30M - $50M increase in travel and other expense?  Schools lining up to sign onto a GOR?  😂 

I also question the UCLA numbers.  As far as everything else, how is this different from the other garbage we’ve seen from media, “insiders” Twitter rangers, message board blow hards and bitter biased B12 folks? The B12 commish claimed they are open for business and want to expand to the West.

How’s business going?

How about all the media hacks and message board blow hards that have said multiple P12 schools will be leaving to the B12 back in June? 

These same people said Washington and Oregon and even Stanford and Cal are in the conference room as we speak signing their B10 contracts. 

These same sources claim to know exact TV contract numbers yet they haven’t been in one board meeting. Ask them where they got their info and it’s always they heard from someone that heard from 3 other people. 

To be fair, the bullshit is coming from all sides. It’s just interesting to see which posters stand behind claiming “credible “ and or call out what they think are bogus sources. 

Wilner and Canzano are mostly hacks. They get some things right but they blow a lot of smoke. I think we can add a few more hacks to this list. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Regents have had a month of their lawyers essentially screaming into their ears, "do not try to block this or you'll face gargantuan civil exposure."  Let's see if this group has taken any of it to heart.  This is, after all, the group that is so mind-numbingly arrogant that they actually thought that once UCLA was in, they could simply--with no consideration to the other 15 seats at the table--"self invite" Cal into the Big Ten, and that would be that.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, MrBug708 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34631895/pac-12-commissioner-says-expect-more-teams-leaving-big-ten-big-12

50-70 million dollars is some crazy "incremental money". Talking points are out in full force because the next Regents meeting is on Thursday.

Those are going to be some badass charter flights...

10 hours ago, Reverend said:

Did you like how my moles were correct on Boise adding a PAC and Big West school to finish their OOC Schedule? Or how I was days ahead of Jon's latest news on the PAC?

Meanwhile you, @Headbutt, @renoskierand others continue to be useless and add nothing, NOTHING to the board.

Good job.

I'm not sure what crawled up your whatever... the post you quoted was from like 10 days ago... it was a joke about the whoosh guy's moles and you already commented on that post once...  I ignored your comment that time because I wasn't sure why you responded.

That post had absolutely nothing to do with you yet you are still all pissy about it. 

I never even commented on your boise scheduling post...I don't even know what the f you are talking about 

listen, if you think you have a bunch of sources who are "in the know" and therefore you know what is happening, good for you...

if you think that impresses people, well, also, good for you... I don't care...

but in the future, at least direct your pissyness at me when I've actually posted something directed at you.

Like you bring some sort of value to the board,,,, FFS

EDIT:  I went back and read the post and I actually did quote you... shouldn't have done that as it was just meant as a joke about the whoosh dude.  In the future I won't carelessly quote you... I thought you'd know the mole joke wasn't about you.  

On 9/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Someone Else said:

I'm not sure what crawled up your whatever... the post you quoted was from like 10 days ago... it was a joke about the whoosh guy's moles and you already commented on that post once...  I ignored your comment that time because I wasn't sure why you responded.

That post had absolutely nothing to do with you yet you are still all pissy about it. 

I never even commented on your boise scheduling post...I don't even know what the f you are talking about 

listen, if you think you have a bunch of sources who are "in the know" and therefore you know what is happening, good for you...

if you think that impresses people, well, also, good for you... I don't care...

but in the future, at least direct your pissyness at me when I've actually posted something directed at you.

Like you bring some sort of value to the board,,,, FFS

EDIT:  I went back and read the post and I actually did quote you... shouldn't have done that as it was just meant as a joke about the whoosh dude.  In the future I won't carelessly quote you... I thought you'd know the mole joke wasn't about you.  

You’re not dealing with the brightest bulb in the chandelier you know….  

Out of curiosity what's the word about UCLA and the Cali Board? Some rumblings on other forums are saying that they may force UCLA to share the $$ with other Cal schools (such as Berkley) rather then directly stopping them from leaving.

I don't see this as very likely but if they were able to swing that in conjunction with the massive increase in travel costs for all sports teams would that potentially force UCLA to stay? If so would be a simple thing to add SDSU and get a portion of the LA and the entirety of the San Diego markets and go from there.

Also I know $$ matters more then anything but part of me can't help but think there may be a few at USC/UCLA thinking maybe they shouldn't have moved now that the Playoff is expanding.

It was opined a couple months ago after Gov Newsom weighed in that the UC board of regents had no authority to stop UCLA from going to the B1G. The consensus now is the BOR could legally put a stop to it. However, Jon Wilner speculates the chances of that happening are just 10-15%. IIRC, the BOR has that at today's meeting schedule once again.

Video clips from the last meeting did not show a single person who was emotional about the issue. It was basically just several presentations about financial stuff. Although Cal didn't make a presentation, speculation makes sense that's really the only place the noise is coming from and being from the Bay Area himself, Newsom can't very well tell Cal to go jump in a lake. Has UCLA stabbed Cal in the back? Maybe but Cal has let its athletics go to shit. Although both schools have a huge athletics debt to pay off, even a Pac honk like Wilner acknowledges that despite additional travel expenses in the millions, UCLA figures to made $10-$15M more per year in the B1G than it would be staying in the Pac. But the amount matters because it's also speculated that Cal is trying to force UCLA to give it a portion of that additional 10-15 so it can pay off its own athletics debt.

I think that although going to the B1G will hurt UCLA football, it's going to be a gamechanger for basketball and elevate that program back toward the top of the heap where it used to be. That will be as embarrassing to Cal as its little bro leaving it behind. An additional embarrassment for Cal would be having to let its little cousin, SDSU, join an almost century old conference that it appears to be stuck in.

On 9/22/2022 at 11:00 AM, utgrizfan said:

Out of curiosity what's the word about UCLA and the Cali Board? Some rumblings on other forums are saying that they may force UCLA to share the $$ with other Cal schools (such as Berkley) rather then directly stopping them from leaving.

I don't see this as very likely but if they were able to swing that in conjunction with the massive increase in travel costs for all sports teams would that potentially force UCLA to stay? If so would be a simple thing to add SDSU and get a portion of the LA and the entirety of the San Diego markets and go from there.

Also I know $$ matters more then anything but part of me can't help but think there may be a few at USC/UCLA thinking maybe they shouldn't have moved now that the Playoff is expanding.

Now factor in the legal holocaust that the B1G, NBC, FOX and CBS will reign down upon the heads of the UC system for damaging an 8 billion dollar contract that was negotiated with the firm understanding that the UCLA Chancellor had "clear and established" delegated authority to negotiate UCLA's move to the B1G.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

It was opined a couple months ago after Gov Newsom weighed in that the UC board of regents had no authority to stop UCLA from going to the B1G. The consensus now is the BOR could legally put a stop to it. However, Jon Wilner speculates the chances of that happening are just 10-15%. IIRC, the BOR has that at today's meeting schedule once again.

Video clips from the last meeting did not show a single person who was emotional about the issue. It was basically just several presentations about financial stuff. Although Cal didn't make a presentation, speculation makes sense that's really the only place the noise is coming from and being from the Bay Area himself, Newsom can't very well tell Cal to go jump in a lake. Has UCLA stabbed Cal in the back? Maybe but Cal has let its athletics go to shit. Although both schools have a huge athletics debt to pay off, even a Pac honk like Wilner acknowledges that despite additional travel expenses in the millions, UCLA figures to made $10-$15M more per year in the B1G than it would be staying in the Pac. But the amount matters because it's also speculated that Cal is trying to force UCLA to give it a portion of that additional 10-15 so it can pay off its own athletics debt.

I think that although going to the B1G will hurt UCLA football, it's going to be a gamechanger for basketball and elevate that program back toward the top of the heap where it used to be. That will be as embarrassing to Cal as its little bro leaving it behind. An additional embarrassment for Cal would be having to let its little cousin, SDSU, join an almost century old conference that it appears to be stuck in.

I think they absolutely can rescind the Chancellor's delegated authority and reverse the decision.  That, however, won't change the fact they will be in blatant breach of contract on a deal that was fundamental to an 8 billion dollar business deal.  The B1G and their media partners will will strike down upon the California BOR with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy their media deal.

On 9/22/2022 at 11:46 AM, RebelAlliance said:

I think they absolutely can rescind the Chancellor's delegated authority and reverse the decision.  That, however, won't change the fact they will be in blatant breach of contract on a deal that was fundamental to an 8 billion dollar business deal.  The B1G and their media partners will will strike down upon the California BOR with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy their media deal.

The Chancellor had the power to make the decision and the board has the power to break the deal. The BoR was hoping that they could retroactively take that power away but their own lawyer was shooting down that in the last meeting. I don't think the UC regents want to start a sharing system between UCs. Can't imagine B, LA, and SD want to start moving research grants to Riverside and Davis in the interest of fairness and revenue sharing. My guess is an annual road trip to Cal will be the best way to get Cal the money they want to supplement poor business decisions the board previously agreed to for Cal.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 12:03 PM, MrBug708 said:

The Chancellor had the power to make the decision and the board has the power to break the deal. The BoR was hoping that they could retroactively take that power away but their own lawyer was shooting down that in the last meeting. I don't think the UC regents want to start a sharing system between UCs. Can't imagine B, LA, and SD want to start moving research grants to Riverside and Davis in the interest of fairness and revenue sharing. My guess is an annual road trip to Cal will be the best way to get Cal the money they want to supplement poor business decisions the board previously agreed to for Cal.

I’m guessing you’re right. UCLA will be forced to schedule Cal annually going forward. Home and home I am assuming. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 9:00 AM, utgrizfan said:

Ppl over 35-y/o or not members of the crips & bloods should never say "Cali."   :-(

If you don't want to upset the locals, never say "San Fran" or "Frisco" either.  It's "The City" or "San Francisco."

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

Ppl over 35-y/o or not members of the crips & bloods should never say "Cali."   :-(

If you don't want to upset the locals, never say "San Fran" or "Frisco" either.  It's "The City" or "San Francisco."

Could care less what people from Cali think about how I pronounce things