Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 8/22/2022 at 1:48 PM, utenation said:

Here's @RebelRobert translation of fiction and reality:

UNLV is like the terrible employee in a sale's department of any company.  Always late, bottom performer on his current sale's team and an HR Violation waiting to happen. His current company has written him up 2-3 times and he's one step away from being let go but would cause major legal problems if fired.

He's always telling his boss and team members that if he were given better leads and resources he'd be a superstar. In fact, if they made him manager of the sale's team and given a lot more money he would show everyone how to really run the company.

No, wrong! UNLV is the young hot stud that that just got his PhD and just joined the mid level corporation.  When UNLV was just a lowly grad student working on his Masters Degree he won the Nobel Prize and set the world on fire with his wonderful new ideas.  Since he got his Phd, graduated and joined the mid level corporation he has been hamstrung and old boys network is trying to hold him down by not giving him the freedom, financial resources and access to proper research materials to do his job.  UNLV NEVER should have taken the position at this mid level corporation, UNLV was always above them and never should have allowed himself to be stuck with a group of jealous old fart lowlifes who never accomplished anything and only want to hold down anybody with new creative ideas!

UNLV should have went straight to the Fortune 500 and Top 10 of those corporations where he belongs! When UNLV has the proper financial support, plays with their TRUE PEERS and is not labeled as mid level NOBODY like the rest of those losers, UNLV will be unstoppable and will make money for everyone involved.

Now, finally UNLV got his head out of his a$$ and moved to where he belongs.  He is a SUPERSTAR and nobody can stop it.  He doesn't even look back.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, RebelRobert said:

UNLV and Las Vegas are the ONLY MWC school with any potential at all to improve the PAC-12 or Big Ten long term.

A Top 25 UNLV Football puts 50,000+ a game in Allegiant Stadium.

A Top 25 UNLV Basketball team puts 16,000+ a night in the Thomas & Mack.  This has already been proven more than once.

No other MWC school has that potential, none even come close to that potential.  The rest have seen what they can do at their best and it is pathetic.

UNLV is the only big time school left in the so called G5.  They won’t be there for long.

ce6a996a-4321-46b9-be20-e942d0af7232_text.gif

On 8/22/2022 at 2:02 PM, utenation said:

I said it weeks ago right before the B10 inked their new contract. If you were going to add more P12 schools or even other conference schools to the mix, that would be the ideal time if they added value. Why wait? 

Personally, I think the reason they have a clause in their contract to be able to add schools at anytime and also have a shorter contract is to counter the next yard sale with the SEC or ACC and pick and choose. That could be tomorrow or in a year. Who knows.

Reports that I've read is that the B1G baked in raises into the deals based on potential expansion scenarios. 

On 8/22/2022 at 1:29 PM, RebelRobert said:

No, wrong! UNLV is the young hot stud that that just got his PhD and just joined the mid level corporation.  When UNLV was just a lowly grad student working on his Masters Degree he won the Nobel Prize and set the world on fire with his wonderful new ideas.  Since he got his Phd, graduated and joined the mid level corporation he has been hamstrung and old boys network is trying to hold him down by not giving him the freedom, financial resources and access to proper research materials to do his job.  UNLV NEVER should have taken the position at this mid level corporation, UNLV was always above them and never should have allowed himself to be stuck with a group of jealous old fart lowlifes who never accomplished anything and only want to hold down anybody with new creative ideas!

UNLV should have went straight to the Fortune 500 and Top 10 of those corporations where he belongs! When UNLV has the proper financial support, plays with their TRUE PEERS and is not labeled as mid level NOBODY like the rest of those losers, UNLV will be unstoppable and will make money for everyone involved.

Now, finally UNLV got his head out of his a$$ and moved to where he belongs.  He is a SUPERSTAR and nobody can stop it.  He doesn't even look back.

image.jpeg.ef41a9dc5ece44e629f72b5a7dcbc9ba.jpeg

On 8/22/2022 at 2:42 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Pac-12 today:

image.jpeg.20409a51aab8741e163f216a9222361e.jpeg

Lets say worst case scenario, PAC-12 loses:

Oregon (Big Ten)

Washington (Big Ten)

Cal (Big Ten)

Stanford (Big Ten)

Arizona State (Big-12)

Arizona (Big-12)

Colorado (Big-12)

Utah (Big-12)

It still would make more sense for the MWC schools to join with Oregon State and Washington State under the PAC-12 name and contracts.  This allows us to finally make WISE decisions and do what is best under a better Brand!  We can dump SJSU and Utah State, we can make Air Force Football Only and bring on Gonzaga.

PAC-12 Reimagined (Worst Case Scenario)

UNLV

SDSU

Fresno State

Oregon State

Washington State

Boise State

Colorado State

SMU

Wyoming

New Mexico

Air Force (Football Only)

Hawaii (Football Only)

Gonzaga (All Sports but Football)

Wichita State (All Sports but Football)

On 8/22/2022 at 1:36 PM, RebelRobert said:

Lets say worst case scenario, PAC-12 loses:

Oregon (Big Ten)

Washington (Big Ten)

Cal (Big Ten)

Stanford (Big Ten)

Arizona State (Big-12)

Arizona (Big-12)

Colorado (Big-12)

Utah (Big-12)

It still would make more sense for the MWC schools to join with Oregon State and Washington State under the PAC-12 name and contracts.  This allows us to finally make WISE decisions and do what is best under a better Brand!  We can dump SJSU and Utah State, we can make Air Force Football Only and bring on Gonzaga.

PAC-12 Reimagined (Worst Case Scenario)

UNLV

SDSU

Fresno State

Oregon State

Washington State

Boise State

Colorado State

SMU

Wyoming

New Mexico

Air Force (Football Only)

Hawaii (Football Only)

Gonzaga (All Sports but Football)

Wichita State (All Sports but Football)

Yeah that's real smart.....Dump SJSU and along with it the largest media market in the conference....

On 8/22/2022 at 2:36 PM, RebelRobert said:

Rob,

Why would they dump USU rather than UNLV? Doesn't USU have much better teams in revenue sports like football and basketball? I'd bet USU dominates their small TV market for better ratings compared to UNLV not dominating anything in their larger TV market. Attendance in football is about the same. 

I'm not sure what UNLV's brand means anymore. Bean counters won't be making these decisions on results in one sport 30 years ago.

On 8/22/2022 at 11:42 AM, Cleopatra said:

losing UCLA and USC and rumors that Stanford could also join with Notre Dame, that means 3 lost. 

but it is fluid could also be Oregon and Stanford which would require adding 4.

so I think at least it would be adding San Diego St., SMU and Colorado St.  if 4 then it would be a fight between Boise st. and UNLV

that is still  a better conference than the Big 12 in my opinion

This is the first time I've ever seen CSU in P5 conversations.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 8/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, RebelRobert said:

@RebelAlliance to your point about Oregon whoring themselves around.  I mean I get it. Conference loyalty is long gone. Dog eat dog. But on the other hand, Phil Knight must be furious right now. He's been on the phone for months and apparently not getting anywhere. A man like Phil isn't used to getting told no and not being able to write a check to somebody to get what he wants must be killing him.

The Oregon thing still may happen but not until the B1G sees an advantage. 

On 8/22/2022 at 4:23 PM, Reverend said:

This is the first time I've ever seen CSU in P5 conversations.

UNLV and Colorado State are the most likely candidates for the PAC-12.  I think Reno would get in before SDSU, Fresno or Boise.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:06 PM, RebelRobert said:

UNLV and Colorado State are the most likely candidates for the PAC-12.  I think Reno would get in before SDSU, Fresno or Boise.

So long as you guys keep trying to wear black you aren't going anywhere.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:06 PM, RebelRobert said:

John Canzano said the top 2 are San Diego St. and SMU, they both have newly done on campus football stadiums and basketball arenas

the next 2 would probably be Colorado St. to replace Colorado but only if they leave, and then a fight between Boise st. and UNLV for 4th ,

if Cal and Stanford leave it will be -

Oregon St.

Oregon

Washington St.

Washington

Colorado

Utah

Arizona

Arizona St.

San Diego St.

SMU

Right now the PAC is trying to figure out how they convince SMU/Houston to join as well as half the conf trying to figure out how to get the other half to say yes to BYU. Based on what is known I think some combo of SDSU/BYU/SMU/UH is what they are evaluating. Dont get me wrong, a lot of schools in the MW have plenty of value, but the PAC is gonna PAC. They need BYU now, so they'll have to consider it even if they eventually still say no. SMU is probably an easy yes, but Houston wont come without a long term commitment. 

In order of most likely to be added

SDSU

SMU

BYU

HOUSTON

CSU

FSU

BSU

On 8/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, AztecSU said:

Right now the PAC is trying to figure out how they convince SMU/Houston to join as well as half the conf trying to figure out how to get the other half to say yes to BYU. Based on what is known I think some combo of SDSU/BYU/SMU/UH is what they are evaluating. Dont get me wrong, a lot of schools in the MW have plenty of value, but the PAC is gonna PAC. They need BYU now, so they'll have to consider it even if they eventually still say no. SMU is probably an easy yes, but Houston wont come without a long term commitment. 

SDSU

SMU

BYU

HOUSTON

why not TCU at the top of that list?

I think TCU might be interested now that Texas left

On 8/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, AztecSU said:

SDSU

SMU

BYU

HOUSTON

Living in a dream world.  No way would BYU or Houston turn their backs on the Big-12 to join the PAC-12.  We know BYU is dumb as dirt but even they aren't stupid enough to make that move.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:19 PM, Cleopatra said:

John Canzano said the top 2 are San Diego St. and SMU, they both have newly done on campus football stadiums and basketball arenas

the next 2 would probably be Colorado St. to replace Colorado but only if they leave, and then a fight between Boise st. and UNLV for 4th ,

if Cal and Stanford leave it will be -

Oregon St.

Oregon

Washington St.

Washington

Colorado

Utah

Arizona

Arizona St.

San Diego St.

SMU

If anyone else leaves (Oregon/Cal/Stanford/Washington) you will immediately see Arizona State, Arizona, Colorado and Utah join the Big-12.

The Big Ten has all the power and can decimate the PAC-12 anytime they want by taking just ONE more school. 

If another team leaves, the Big-12 wins.

The only chance to save the PAC-12 is a long term GOR when they add UNLV and one other from the ugly ducklings.