Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 8/3/2022 at 3:02 PM, utenation said:

I think Woosh is a live mole trainer. I didn’t think these animals were smart at all. Apparently he’s trained a hungry, media savvy batch of moles that can break into anywhere and report back channel leaks to their handlers.  To the highest bidder of course.

C9EFFA21-6854-4D9F-BB28-3982D2A33474.jpeg

Let me guess. That's their mascot.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, Someone Else said:

They really want the PAC.  But the PAC may stick with espn, even though they will have multiple offers.  They are hearing overtures from everyone but no one is sure who might be paying more when there’s no other available content on the west coast (not to mention the two biggest brands outside the SEC & B10 are in the PAC)

No they're not.  Maybe they are hearing that "we'd like to talk when we legally can", but there has been nothing beyond that.  Nobody is going to put future negotiations at risk by violating specific negotiating windows.  It sounds exciting to think that stuff is going on, but believe me, it doesn't happen.  The blowback from getting caught is too severe.  They know they'll get their turn, they're not going to screw with the rules.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Headbutt said:

I'm pretty sure Pac 12 schools wouldn't bitch about not having to start their games at 7PM.  They'd be happy to start right after the ND game.  So if a typical ND game starts at 9AM Pacific, the P12 game could start at 1PM, and they'd still have one more regional marquis matchup starting at 5PM.  It sounds to me like it would work pretty nicely for NBC.

I'm sure they would not, but likely wouldn't be crazy about that East Coast time slot.  The Big12 will have 3 in the Eastern time zone and 8 more in the Central time zone.  Another thing is both Notre Dame's and the Big12's TV contracts end in 2025.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, utenation said:

Did you miss Woosh’s priceless banter on moles? 

Indeed I did. Frankly, although I haven't blocked his posts, for the most part I ignore them except where others link them when replying. In that regard, I literally can't recall the last time he said anything even partially persuasive.

5 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Almost all conferences have 2 media partners, a primary and secondary. I could see ESPN taking most of the PACs content but with NBC paying a premium to get the top game each week, similar to what CBS did with the SEC. There are about 6 primo brands outside the SEC/BIG that arent ND, they are UW, OU, FSU, CLEM, UNC, MIA imo. 

Darn... I was hoping folks would read what I wrote and understand exactly what it is.  Maybe reread it and see what it closely resembles.  I guess I was thinking it was funnier than it is.

I have no idea who is talking to who or what anyone would want... it was meant as a joke.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

No they're not.  Maybe they are hearing that "we'd like to talk when we legally can", but there has been nothing beyond that.  Nobody is going to put future negotiations at risk by violating specific negotiating windows.  It sounds exciting to think that stuff is going on, but believe me, it doesn't happen.  The blowback from getting caught is too severe.  They know they'll get their turn, they're not going to screw with the rules.

Darn... I was hoping folks would read what I wrote and understand exactly what it is.  Maybe reread it and see what it closely resembles.  I guess I was thinking it was funnier than it is.

I have no idea who is talking to who or what anyone would want... it was meant as a joke.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:15 PM, e-zone99 said:

I'm sure they would not, but likely wouldn't be crazy about that East Coast time slot.  The Big12 will have 3 in the Eastern time zone and 8 more in the Central time zone.  Another thing is both Notre Dame's and the Big12's TV contracts end in 2025.

Those shoulder games you are referring to are after the ND game.  Most of ND's games are in the eastern time slot, and when they're not, there really isn't that much available to make a difference.  NBC's football day starts with the ND game.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:16 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Indeed I did. Frankly, although I haven't blocked his posts, for the most part I ignore them except where others link them when replying. In that regard, I literally can't recall the last time he said anything even partially persuasive.

Worth a good laugh. Headbutt  smashed him like a beer can. 

On 8/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, Someone Else said:

Fair enough, the sarcasm was slight enough to escape me.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:26 PM, Someone Else said:

Evidently it was kind of a poor attempt at humor... "if you have to explain the joke..."lol

Written sarcasm is like Bigfoot, he's behind every freaking tree but nobody seems to see him.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, Someone Else said:

They really want the PAC.  But the PAC may stick with espn, even though they will have multiple offers.  They are hearing overtures from everyone but no one is sure who might be paying more when there’s no other available content on the west coast (not to mention the two biggest brands outside the SEC & B10 are in the PAC)

It will be interesting to see who will come calling.  One thing that we do know that happened was Fox could of negotiated with the Pac this last month but said they wouldn't from day one, so l don't see them changing that now that the exclusive period is over.  So I will be following along to see who will be throwing their hat in to the negotiation ring.

On 8/3/2022 at 1:43 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

They don’t want the PAC.  And the PAC will stick with espn, it’s only offer.  They will hear overtures but no one is paying more than espn when there’s better content on the horizon.

And you know this how?

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Explain to us again just why the hell you're here.

Small man syndrome. If he isn't punching down he is merely trolling a conference board 2000 miles away from his beach house. Why? Who knows.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, Headbutt said:

Those shoulder games you are referring to are after the ND game.  Most of ND's games are in the eastern time slot, and when they're not, there really isn't that much available to make a difference.  NBC's football day starts with the ND game.

My understand is most will before Notre Dame's primetime game, kind of like the undercard/warmup game before the main event (in boxing terms).

Here is link from SI on July 19th: College football realignment: Notre Dame names its price to stay independent, per report

On 8/3/2022 at 4:42 PM, e-zone99 said:

My understand is most will before Notre Dame's primetime game, kind of like the undercard/warmup game before the main event (in boxing terms).

Maybe my math sucks, but I think they'll need games in Newfoundland to squeeze one in before the typical Irish start time.