Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 7/3/2022 at 2:39 PM, Gator 82 said:

If I’m renting a 10k sq Ft mansion, I might not own it, but it’s still where I live, $hit and eat.

Rent free!. Actually making a boatload of cash off of it too.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 7/3/2022 at 2:39 PM, Gator 82 said:

If I’m renting a 10k sq Ft mansion, I might not own it, but it’s still where I live, $hit and eat.

Then don't claim it as your own. Again, selling 20K tickets in a 65K stadium is a bad visual. It isn't going to help you in recruiting and your history in football already puts you behind the 8 ball in that.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, Broncos4Ever said:

Not true - we’ve been told repeatedly by the experts on this board that Boise’s best years are behind them.

You are entering the long darkness of defeat and misery playing New Mexico State and Rice.  See you on the other side if you make it out.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, Aztec1984 said:

Then don't claim it as your own. Again, selling 20K tickets in a 65K stadium is a bad visual. It isn't going to help you in recruiting and your history in football already puts you behind the 8 ball in that.

You are a lowly Cal State School and will never be allowed in the room with Stanford or Cal or any of the rest of them.  They look at you like Fullerton or Long Beach. Nothing will change that.

Enjoy who you are, enjoy your rivalry with San Jose and stop pretending you are ever going to get to play with the big boys.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, Rebels18 said:

Rent free!. Actually making a boatload of cash off of it too.

Well, no...

G. Rent/Cost: Stadco has full operational control of the stadium pursuant to the Act and will charge UNLV all actual operational or “pass-through” costs (excluding fixed costs) in connection with all UNLV Team Home Games and Other UNLV Events. Prior to each UNLV Season, UNLV and Stadco will meet to discuss and determine anticipated services and costs, as well as a plan to adjust services at the stadium to account for attendance differences in order to control costs (“Right-sizing”). From time to time, UNLV may request that Stadco and UNLV representatives meet prior to each UNLV Team Home Game to discuss/implement further recommendations on “Right-sizing”. Stadco will share operating cost information as it becomes available before completion of the stadium.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:49 PM, RebelRobert said:

You are a lowly Cal State School and will never be allowed in the room with Stanford or Cal or any of the rest of them.  They look at you like Fullerton or Long Beach. Nothing will change that.

Enjoy who you are, enjoy your rivalry with San Jose and stop pretending you are ever going to get to play with the big boys.

Just dumb. You are pathetically stupid.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, azgreg said:

If these four did leave (still don’t believe they will) that would leave six in the PAC-12.

Oregon

Oregon State

Washington

Washington State

California

Stanford

This would be really good news for UNLV and the rest of the MWC dwarfs.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:00 PM, BobcatGoldthwait said:

I think Boise is going to wish it joined the AAC when this is over.

Although I hear Montana is lovely this time of year...

nah, all of our rivals are here, well except BYU.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:32 AM, azgreg said:

Thanks for posting this.

We already know the Big 12 is looking to expand and is targeting the Pac-12, so this isn’t a meeting for the four schools to pitch themselves to the Big 12.  It’s a meeting for the Big 12 to make its pitch to the four schools.

As I said before, I don’t think they’ll bite if the Big 10 announces it won’t be poaching any more Pac-12 schools.  But if the Big 10 takes one or two more, or even suggests it’s still open to adding more Pac-12 schools in the next couple of years, I think that will trigger the exodus.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:55 AM, RebelRobert said:

If these four did leave (still don’t believe they will) that would leave six in the PAC-12.

Oregon

Oregon State

Washington

Washington State

California

Stanford

This would be really good news for UNLV and the rest of the MWC dwarfs.

If those four go Oregon and Washington will follow, unless the Big 10 takes them.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:01 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

Thanks for posting this.

We already know the Big 12 is looking to expand, so this isn’t a meeting for the four schools to pitch themselves to the Big 12.  It’s a meeting for the Big 12 to make its pitch to the four schools.

As I said before, I don’t think they’ll bite if the Big 10 announces it won’t be poaching any more Pac-12 schools.  But if the Big 10 takes one or two more, or even suggests it’s still open to adding more Pac-12 schools in the next couple of years, I think that will trigger the exodus.

ACC is nervous and will attack the Big 12 any second now. PAC-12 school would be crazy to join the Big 12 knowing the ACC will poach who they want at any second.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

If those four go Oregon and Washington will follow, unless the Big 10 takes them.

How many schools can the Big 12 afford to feed.  That is a lot of mouths with no money.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:32 PM, azgreg said:

Short term its these schools only hope at remaining somewhat relevant along with the ACC in the current landscape.  Adding some teams from the MWC won’t do much of anything in the grand scheme of things to salvage USC and UCLA leaving the Pac 12.

Long term it won’t make much of any difference for whatever this merged league becomes as it probably won’t last too long.  Everyone at this point is angling to try and become the last remaining teams selected in the Big 10/Fox and SEC/ESPN super conferences that will be running college athletics.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, RebelRobert said:

Go read his posts from the last year on twitter.  This is the only person who was all OVER the fact that USC was talking to the BIG TEN. He posted about it multiple times and was right.

Read them for years.  He and and the WV twitter twins love getting into pissing matches about who's right/wrong about everything. Shit throwers all.

And, once again, the USC talk is nothing new.  He wasnt the only one.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

@wolfpack1, USC finally has their baseball coach.  It's Andy Stankiewicz from GCU. He's a good hire for them, but was also their third choice.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:04 PM, RebelRobert said:

ACC is nervous and will attack the Big 12 any second now. PAC-12 school would be crazy to join the Big 12 knowing the ACC will poach who they want at any second.

I suppose this could happen, but I would have thought if the ACC thought any remaining Big XII schools added something, they already would have invited them.  For the ACC, either the GOR holds or it doesn't.  If it does, they are around for another 15 years, if it doesn't, then they are the next menu items for the B1G and SEC.  I think the remaining Big XII and PAC 12 schools have a pretty good idea of where they stand right now.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:21 PM, 4UNLV said:

You did see 'operational costs', right? Are you thinking that the aztecs won't have operational costs?

The difference is SDSU gets to keep all their ancillary revenue, too.  And they'll make money off any number of different events, starting with rugby and soccer games.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:27 PM, RSF said:

The difference is SDSU gets to keep all their ancillary revenue, too.  And they'll make money off any number of different events, starting with rugby and soccer games.

Between concerts, MLS games, international friendlies, etc.  Yes indeed they'll get a little coin.