Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 9/22/2022 at 1:27 PM, utgrizfan said:

Could care less what people from Cali think about how I pronounce things

I call it San Fran :coffeecomputer:

It's the difference between this San Fran

And this one:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/22/2022 at 1:27 PM, utgrizfan said:

Could care less what people from Cali think about how I pronounce things

I'm sure you don't. However, this is a public service announcement designed for people like you:

ANYONE WHO COMES TO CALIFORNIA AND REFERS TO OUR STATE AS "CALI" EVEN WHILE MERELY ORDERING A BIG MAC IS GOING TO BE PEGGED AS AN IGNORANT TOURIST DESERVING OF GETTING FLEECED.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:16 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I'm sure you don't. However, this is a public service announcement designed for people like you:

ANYONE WHO COMES TO CALIFORNIA AND REFERS TO OUR STATE AS "CALI" EVEN WHILE MERELY ORDERING A BIG MAC IS GOING TO BE PEGGED AS AN IGNORANT TOURIST DESERVING OF GETTING FLEECED.

A88B3BEF-4481-47E4-8AB8-36B2CE565DCF.gif.ef560bc20cfc67e86bde48905b63fefa.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

I Don't Think So.

My favorite bumper sticker growing up in SoCal,

"Tourist go home. But, leave your daughters."

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/22/2022 at 11:54 PM, southfresno said:

Those San Franciscos are both long dead.

Not sure what the "San Francisco Blues" even are.  The Chicago Blues.  The Memphis Blues.  The Delta Blues.  Those are all real things based on peoples' struggles.  The San Francisco Blues?

Lord I am blue, lord am I blue

Some kids showed up at the park to play

Didn't they know that our company rented it out for a private party

Lord Am I blue.

It's 50 degrees and I'm cold

When the hell is the Google Bus going to come

Lord Am I blue.

Klivakoff resorts to begging to keep UCLA.

https://theathletic.com/3621500/2022/09/22/pac-12-ucla-big-ten/

Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff sent a letter to the University of California Board of Regents on Thursday in an attempt to overturn the UCLA chancellor’s decision to leave the Big Ten in 2024, a source confirmed to The Athletic.

Kliavkoff’s three-page letter, first reported by The New York Times, outlined reasons why the program would be hurt both financially and emotionally if it made the move.

He wrote that UCLA athletes could see their academic and health status decline due to increased time traveling on planes to road games. Family and friends of those athletes would also have a more arduous and expensive time seeing the Bruins compete further away from California. Kliavkoff stated travel costs — currently $8.1 in the Pac-12 — would jump to $23.7 million if flights were chartered in the Big Ten.

The letter additionally stated salaries for coaches and administrators would be forced to go up in the Big Ten despite the new seven-year, $7.5 billion media rights deal.

UCLA and local rival USC are both expected to join the Big Ten in 2024.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Kliavkov is a desperate moron.  What happens if the Cali BOR overturns the decision?  I think it might play out like this.  B1G immediately takes Stanford shutting Cal/UCLA out of their traditional local rivalries.  Then they take UW/OU triggering the Four Corners to the B12 and the end of the PAC.  The following Monday, the Cali Board Of Regents gets hit with a massive breach of contract lawsuit by the B1G and their media partners with potential damages in the 9-figures.  And oh yeah, Kliavkoff and whatever legal framework that remains of the PAC also get hit with a massive civil suit for tampering in a settled and signed contract.

I know that San Francisco and LA can't match the number of high end law firms headquartered in NYC or Chicago, but please tell me that there are some good corporate lawyers in Cali warning these fools about the legal shitstorm that will be heading their way.

Lol. They won’t sue UCLA if they back out. It would be a good way to get the public to start turning on this whole thing. They can certainly pick up other west coast PAC schools. But no matter how you slice it, west coast schools in the B10 are signing up for horrific amounts of travel for their AD. Even if you have 4 west coast schools in there. 

On 9/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

you gotta be old as shit because I hear locals refer to California as "Cali" constantly 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Until the Big 10 creates a scheduling model for each sport, there's really no way of knowing WHAT the travel costs are.  And there will probably be different scheduling models depending on the sport.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, AztecSU said:

Lol. They won’t sue UCLA if they back out. It would be a good way to get the public to start turning on this whole thing. They can certainly pick up other west coast PAC schools. But no matter how you slice it, west coast schools in the B10 are signing up for horrific amounts of travel for their AD. Even if you have 4 west coast schools in there. 

Once upon a time Hawaii, Fresno and Sparty traveled as far east as Ruston, Louisiana for all sports annually.  They managed.  The defecting PAC schools will be okay

On 9/23/2022 at 10:42 AM, jdgaucho said:

Once upon a time Hawaii, Fresno and Sparty traveled as far east as Ruston, Louisiana for all sports annually.  They managed.  The defecting PAC schools will be okay

The only school thats has experienced close to what USC/UCLA will experience is Hawaii. USC/UCLA are effectively on an island a country apart from some of their conf mates.