Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 8/3/2022 at 8:50 PM, masterfrog said:

I haven’t looked on the map, but I think the Big 12 probably has closer games for Arizona and Arizona State than the Pac 12.  I bet Texas tech would be their closest P5 opponent and BYU would be second. 

Eh, those two would be closer but AZ has been in the PAC 12 long enough that it feels like their home.  Games against WV, Cincy, Kansas schools and the like doesn't move the needle for me 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:52 PM, Wyobraska said:

Eh, those two would be closer but AZ has been in the PAC 12 long enough that it feels like their home.  Games against WV, Cincy, Kansas schools and the like doesn't move the needle for me 

If Utah was in this mix, you better pay my school a shit load more money to move. This is from a school leadership position. As a fan, no thanks.  I wouldn’t travel to many B12 locations. 

On 8/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, Wyobraska said:

Which isnt that big of a deal since they would rarely play.  I dont think USC is going to be making too many trips to Piscataway and College Park either.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:12 PM, utenation said:

If Utah was in this mix, you better pay my school a shit load more money to move. This is from a school leadership position. As a fan, no thanks.  I wouldn’t travel to many B12 locations. 

Visiting school travel is highly overrated.  Most schools dont dole out more than a few thousand tickets to visiting fans.  Hell - y'all were practically nonexistent in FW, and those games were huge.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:13 PM, RSF said:

Which isnt that big of a deal since they would rarely play.  I dont think USC is going to be making too many trips to Piscataway and College Park either.

From my fan perspective then what's the point?  

On 8/3/2022 at 5:20 PM, Wyobraska said:

From my fan perspective then what's the point?  

Depends.  Lot of fans might be interested in USC tangling with some of the Big 10's best more often.  Others...maybe not.  TV is banking on the former.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, RSF said:

Visiting school travel is highly overrated.  Most schools dont dole out more than a few thousand tickets to visiting fans.  Hell - y'all were practically nonexistent in FW, and those games were huge.

You’re right, big picture. I still like to do roadies with my friends. 

I would do all the Texas teams, even Houston, OSU and obviously BYU. After that meh.  But traveling fans also help build rivalries. 

We have a Baylor series coming up. I look forward to that and I’d love to play TCU again.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, RSF said:

Hell - y'all were practically nonexistent in FW, and those games were huge.

And TCU fans brought millions to SLC right? We had about 45k in Vegas for the CCG and about 55k+ for the Rose Bowl last season.

Location matters my friend. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:12 PM, utenation said:

You haven't lived until you've been to Lubbock.

People, not a fan.

On 8/3/2022 at 9:28 PM, utenation said:

You’re right, big picture. I still like to do roadies with my friends. 

I would do all the Texas teams, even Houston, OSU and obviously BYU. After that meh.  But traveling fans also help build rivalries. 

We have a Baylor series coming up. I look forward to that and I’d love to play TCU again.

Travel matters to the fans most likely to donate good money to the university. 

The Big 12 and the AAC have to have the worst locations of any conference.  The Pac 12 and MWC the best. 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:51 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Pac 12 and MWC the best. 

I  personally like all the locations in the MWC. Laramie gets a bad rap but I have family there so it’s a no brainer. 

Series with the Pokes coming up too.

On 8/3/2022 at 10:09 PM, utenation said:

I  personally like all the locations in the MWC. Laramie gets a bad rap but I have family there so it’s a no brainer. 

I'm definitely planning on seeing the WYO game when they come to Rice Eccles

On 8/3/2022 at 10:16 PM, utgrizfan said:

I'm definitely planning on seeing the WYO game when they come to Rice Eccles

I think Utah has been pretty good to the MWC. 

Recently we’ve done home and homes with SDSU, SJSU, Fresno and Wyo. 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, utenation said:

I think Utah has been pretty good to the MWC. 

Recently we’ve done home and homes with SDSU, SJSU, Fresno and Wyo. 

We still haven't been properly thanked for ending the Charlie Brewer experiment for you

...You're welcome...

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/3/2022 at 10:59 PM, SDSUfan said:

We still haven't been properly thanked for ending the Charlie Brewer experiment for you

...You're welcome...

One final thought on the “Experiment” because you made me laugh. The Cam Rising change reminds me of the scene in Remember The Titans where Golden Boy “Sunshine” Bass with long hair from Cali finally gets his shot at QB and comes in and balls out.

Cam showed talent is pre season but nobody really knew coming off shoulder surgery what to expect. Brewer was an upperclassmen transfer coming off some good ball at Baylor. The whole world knew he would start. 

Cam saved our season and he’s an even better kid than football player. 

On 8/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, utenation said:

One final thought on the “Experiment” because you made me laugh. The Cam Rising change reminds me of the scene in Remember The Titans where Golden Boy “Sunshine” Bass with long hair from Cali finally gets his shot at QB and comes in and balls out.

Cam showed talent is pre season but nobody really knew coming off shoulder surgery what to expect. Brewer was an upperclassmen transfer coming off some good ball at Baylor. The whole world knew he would start. 

Cam saved our season and he’s an even better kid than football player. 

He damn near pulled it out for you guys that night. Our D was really  taking it to Charlie.  the 3-3-5 was confusing him and he didn't have the mobility to lengthen the play. Rising came in and ran all over the place. Our guys got tired chasing him down. Pretty exciting ending to should have been a blowout.  I was sitting in the stands on the Utah side. We had some good back and forth. I razzed em at the end saying we were now in1st place in the Pac South, having beaten Az earlier. They were good sports.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/3/2022 at 9:09 PM, utenation said:

Happy to have you all schedule a H and H with Fresno 😁