Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 7/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, utgrizfan said:

That would be an interesting Conference to say the least:

MOUNTAIN

WYO, BSU, CSU, AF, Kansas KSU, ISU, USU, UNM

WEST

OSU, WSU, SDSU, FSU, SJSU, Hawaii, CAL, UNLV, Nevada

Would they really leave Kansas behind? I would think their basketball program would be an attractive get.

Kansas football is such an abysmal failure that their basketball program is in real jeopardy of being left behind.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:59 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Kansas football is such an abysmal failure that their basketball program is in real jeopardy of being left behind.

I know the football program has been terrible despite showing some flashes last season,  I just don't see the BIG2 not bringing along a high profile team and a multiple National Champion in Basketball.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, Spaztecs said:

Stanford and Cal seem to think so.

I just can't understand why they wouldn't take the attitude of let's help raise them up. Or just ignore the disparities so you can play some ball.

They foolishly believe this Conference can be relevant without a School in the So Cal market.

rest of the league should just tell them to get bent and add who they think will be best if that's the course they want. Cal and Stanford wagging the dog is why they're down UCLA and USC instead of bringing in good schools and building them up.

Ultimately it's just sports. There's no deep honor that you play in a league of what you consider to be peers. It's just sports. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 7/7/2022 at 9:14 PM, Jack Bauer said:

You guys are so funny debating the merits of research schools as if it had anything important to do with sports.

Nobody would be discussing this if certain conferences didn't take themselves way too seriously and hide behind "academics" as an excuse to keep the undesirables out.

0mK6pGK.png

On 7/7/2022 at 9:52 PM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Nobody would be discussing this if certain conferences didn't take themselves way too seriously and hide behind "academics" as an excuse to keep the undesirables out.

They've been cosplaying that they're an Ivy since the beginning of time. It's ridicluous.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 7/7/2022 at 9:52 PM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

You're not wrong about that but that's one of the reasons why they should just be kicked to the curb if they're unwilling to play ball. Let them have their "standards" but they shouldn't be holding other teams hostage/derailing good ideas that would save the Conference, especially while it is in such a difficult situation. Why I hope the 4 Corner schools, mainly Utah, do leave.

They're a conference.  A unique entity that is made up of a membership.  If those members value academics, then fine, they get to make the rules for their club.  Just because some folks don't like the rules, isn't grounds for changing them.  If you don't like their academic standards, then improve your academics or find another conference to try to join.

It's a free country.  They get to be snobby, and everyone else get's to have an opinion about that.  Opinions don't mean they can no longer be snobby.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:16 PM, Headbutt said:

They're a conference.  A unique entity that is made up of a membership.  If those members value academics, then fine, they get to make the rules for their club.  Just because some folks don't like the rules, isn't grounds for changing them.  If you don't like their academic standards, then improve your academics or find another conference to try to join.

It's a free country.  They get to be snobby, and everyone else get's to have an opinion about that.  Opinions don't mean they can no longer be snobby.

But when Cal and Stanford are looking for a conference I bet the MWC will take them.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:23 PM, Reverend said:

But when Cal and Stanford are looking for a conference I bet the MWC will take them.

So?  And no, they ain't coming here.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:36 PM, NorCalCoug said:

The Colorado Board of Regents are having an Executive Session meeting Friday at 5pm with the agenda of " (a)(II), Legal advice on a specific matter - PAC 12 athletics update"

What that means is open for guessing.

Meeting at 5 pm on a Friday? I’d be working on my excuse right now. Fake an illness. Family emergency. Whatever it takes.  PAC-12, big 12, what’s the difference? I’ve got big weekend plans to get stoned and binge tv shows I’ve already seen.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, kalua pig said:

fat females feel buffaloes is offensive.this meeting is to vote on changing to bisons for pc reasons.

We just call them whales.  Or biggins

This comment sums it up about Cal's brand.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/109318

No they don't. They know Berkeley...because it brings to mind hippies, anarchists, tree sitters, and (to them) "Commies." No one beyond Commonwealth Ave knows the School of Music (except jazz fanatics).