Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

3 minutes ago, Cleopatra said:

is San Diego St. really that bad of academics

I realize they are not on the level of Cal or Stanford, but they are probably similar to Oregon St., Washington St. Arizona St., and Utah I think

what is wrogn with that?

It's perception not reality. SDSU is a solid school academically.  Not on the level of Stanford or Cal but the perception is that they are poor academically.

i still think that if the Pac12  can survive they need to invite San Diego St. and Cal an d Stanford need to get over it

John Wilner said the 12th team is favoring SMU and I am OK with that idea.   Dallas would be a fun road trip

On 7/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, Reverend said:

Well I will go ahead and let you know the PAC 12 doesn't have any interest in UNLV.

They told you this personally? Gotta love message board insiders. 😂

On 7/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, Reverend said:

You people need to get over UNLV. Only SJSU would be a worse add for the PAC 12. They have no media viewership, they can't get people at their games, they have no social media presence...and lastly they've rarely ever had any success in football.

UNLV has had 1 winning season since 2001 in football. One.

Nobody in Las Vegas cares about UNLV since the 80's Tark era.  This fact is backed by statistics... UNLV is at the bottom of the MWC TV ratings and poor attendance over the life of the program.   

On 7/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, Reverend said:

You people need to get over UNLV. Only SJSU would be a worse add for the PAC 12. They have no media viewership, they can't get people at their games, they have no social media presence...and lastly they've rarely ever had any success in football.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, Reverend said:

Well I will go ahead and let you know the PAC 12 doesn't have any interest in UNLV.

Boise fans are lucky to have you. You’re like Boises’ own ph90702. I bet you’re really fun at parties. 

On 7/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

Swaim is a Big 12 honk.

Local radio host Patrick Kinnehan said during his show this morning that he’s hearing the same.  IMO he’s the top radio personality in the state and has connections.  If he says that then I tend to believe it.  However, he was clear that he’s not reporting it as a done deal but that he’s hearing that that’s the direction things are headed.

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 7/7/2022 at 9:13 AM, SAMO said:

my friend posted this on facebook today and I had a laugh...lol

290737743_1042967353250725_4538974894724

It’s so true. I’ll give Boise their due when it comes to on the field success, but the bottom line is their Academics are so far from the level of most P5 conferences. Other than the Big East, I’ve never seen any of the major conferences tripping over each other to add them to their conference. Maybe it does happen this time around out of necessity, but these are desperate times that call for desperate measures, but make no mistake, they are not at the top of anyones list.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:53 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah it’s from Ziegler. 

I'm sure you know, but most others wouldn't, that despite beating the SDUT's beat writer for SDSU, Zeigler is a Stanford grad who hasn't exactly supported SDSU. Indeed, in 2008 he editorialized that SDSU should drop football.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:10 AM, RSF said:

Former players turned media types Joel Klatt and Greg McElroy were both on local radio yesterday.  And both made the same relevant points separately:

1)  Sources invariably have their own agenda.  Primo example given was last year - nobody knew a damn thing about OUT leaving to the SEC until A&M leaked it to the Houston Chronicle in an effort to gum up the works.

2) Media types are just as bad at throwing stuff against the wall as anybody else.  Either to placate their audience or build it.

We should all keep that in mind as we search Twitter, et al, in search of that 'breaking news'.

Yeah, but its just so fun.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 7/7/2022 at 4:58 AM, robe said:

Basically all academics. Why not Tulane then. Aren’t they pretty good.

Rice over BSU is a death wish for the conference. This is an athletic conference not an academic association.

Haven't looked at his data, but Rice is in a metro area of 7+million, BSU not so much. 

But yeah, Rice would really, really, need to step up its game wrt athletics.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:54 AM, Akkula said:

Because they want to play and recruit in Socal and have no chance to do that any longer.

If everything goes tits up, I hope ASU, Arizona, and all the other Pac 12 teams start scheduling more out of conference games with SDSU. I would love all four to be vs. Pac 12 schools. 

On 7/7/2022 at 9:25 AM, Gator 82 said:

It’s so true. I’ll give Boise their due when it comes to on the field success, but the bottom line is their Academics are so far from the level of most P5 conferences. Other than the Big East, I’ve never seen any of the major conferences tripping over each other to add them to their conference. Maybe it does happen this time around out of necessity, but these are desperate times that call for desperate measures, but make no mistake, they are not at the top of anyones list.

Boise is a tiny media market as well. I think that plays a big role too. 

On 7/7/2022 at 12:02 PM, Cleopatra said:

why does everyone say that Stanford and Cal are against adding San Diego St.

why would those schools feel threatened and hate San Diego st., it makes no sense.

San Diego is a great market and is the best option,   they are building a new football stadium and have good attendance

Stanford and Cal are against adding anyone other than Harvard - and they might even reject Harvard just for the thrill of telling them no.

Texas and OU weren't good enough for those insane snobs, what makes you think they'd be happy with SDSU?

0mK6pGK.png

On 7/7/2022 at 10:44 AM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Stanford and Cal are against adding anyone other than Harvard - and they might even reject Harvard just for the thrill of telling them no.

Texas and OU weren't good enough for those insane snobs, what makes you think they'd be happy with SDSU?

To be fair everyone is against adding Cal and Stanford too.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

I don't think your last sentence is accurate. What I recall is that thing fell apart because Baylor lobbied against it in the state legislature and then while everybody was ignoring Baylor, A&M, which wanted to separate itself from UT, was offered SEC money to do so and grabbed it in a millisecond.