Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 7/5/2022 at 3:08 PM, utgrizfan said:

There is stability and survivability. Washington and Oregon played their hand by trying to get into the BIG10, no way in hell would I want to stay in a Conference where 2 high profile members have already shown they don't want to stay

Any Big12 school would accept an invite to the SEC and Big10 too.  What's the difference?

On 7/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Right. Which is why there really is no reason for the so-called Corner Four to join the bB12 at this juncture.

That's particularly true if Oregon and Washington would make a long term commitment to the Pac. Further, Okie State and TCU will probably always have their eye on SEC membership.

SEC won’t give TCU or Okie St a courtesy callback.  Are you kidding me?

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 7/5/2022 at 3:00 PM, utgrizfan said:

+++++ Cal and Stanford, I'd take Boise and Memphis/USF over those two.

WEST

Washington, Oregon, Utah, BYU, BSU

EAST

UCF, WVU, Cincy, Houston, Memphis/USF

NORTH

Colorado, ISU, KSU, Kansas, OSU

SOUTH

TTU, Baylor, TCU, Arizona, ASU

As a Geography buff I'm having fun looking at all the proposed conference maps floating around on Twitter. 😁 

On 7/5/2022 at 3:53 PM, crixus said:

Just saw this one on Twitter. Oh what the heck, let's go for 20. lol.gif 

11180509.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds

Bad map.  No UNLV???

On 7/5/2022 at 4:15 PM, Wyobraska said:

You really need to ask yourself, did this need its own thread?

No, no it did not.  It should have gone in one of the other threads.

Which of the "crazy ass rumor" threads would be best? 

You pick, I'll move.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:12 AM, jdgaucho said:

Please do not tell me @HawaiiMongoose that when all is said and done, the MWC gains Wazzu and the Beaves...

And we get Cal as a "consolation prize." 

At this point it’s looking more and more like neither the MWC nor the Big West will be gaining or losing anyone.

That’s probably good news for the MWC if it results from the Pac-12 being unable to land any Big 12 additions and deciding to stand pat with its remaining 10 members.  In that scenario the MWC will be in an even better position to overtake the Pac-12 as the fifth-best FBS conference in terms of on-field performance.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:48 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

At this point it’s looking more and more like neither the MWC nor the Big West will be gaining or losing anyone.

That’s probably good news for the MWC if it results from the Pac-12 being unable to land any Big 12 additions and deciding to stand pat with its remaining 10 members.  In that scenario the MWC will be in an even better position to overtake the Pac-12 as the fifth-best FBS conference in terms of on-field performance.

IF that happens, the MWC backs their way into putting even stronger separation from the AAC.  Sadly, that really doesn't matter anymore.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:48 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

Yeah, this is how it's starting to look which I'm okay with. 

I guess they'll go back to being the Pac-10.