Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

If the 30-day exclusive window starts today with ESPN and FOX, then Pac-12 can't talk with any other media until next month at the earliest and depending on how things go, this whole thing could be over by then.

With Notre Dame they really don't need to do anything but this could be their best chance to get a TV contract unless Big 10 and Notre Dame want to wait for three years when their contract is over with NBC.

As with Utah, what would you want them to say? You aren't going to tell anyone in the press what you are up to. And no Utah isn't teathered to the other three, Utah is in there because they would be a good travel partner for BYU

On 7/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, AztecSU said:

So you're saying a fan message board and a UofA fan blog are the accurate sources? Not a direct quote from within the UU program? Ok. 

I trust the reports from dedicated Sports media outlets over anything the Trib puts out. And so what? You think they're going to come right out and say "yeah screw this Conference? The whole tethered together quote is already false with Oregon and Washington applying to join the Big10

So you're saying a fan message board and a UofA fan blog are the accurate sources? Not a direct quote from within the UU program? Ok. 

CBS sports network says otherwise. I think I'm going to go with the national guy here over Josh Neuman, a stooge of a reporter

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 7/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, AztecSU said:

That Utah reporter is a joke. He actually tried to claim that Boise turned down a Big 12 invite last year, which is laughable. He has no idea what he's talking about. At best, he's just being used by the school as damage control until they finish signing their contracts with the Big 12.

0mK6pGK.png

On 7/5/2022 at 12:47 PM, Headbutt said:

Go find some real numbers.  CSU at 16,164 is complete BS.

It’s not accurate. Our attendance last year was 27,096. There were multiple  games with over 32k+ in attendance. 

Those aren’t great numbers, but Addazio ran the program into the ground. We’d sell out if half way decent. 

Actually I would say that Oregon State has always been one of the schools willing to treat the MWC as equals, at least in terms of willing to schedule equal 1:1 OOC agreements, not thumbing their noses at playing MWC opponents etc.

If they needed a home let them in.   Washington State I could leave it.   Just because they were a P5, doesn't mean they would be good in a G5.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, Wyobraska said:

Where are those figures from?  Wyoming seems high and CSU seems low.  If that is true, holy shit Rammies that is bad for your new stadium.

You were correct. CSU at ~27k, Wyoming at ~22k.

There are tons of media folks here in Utah that are connected and know their stuff where BYU and Utah are concerned.  This guy is a nobody, a complete unknown.  I never heard of him before his tweet.  I would caution you against relying on him as a credible source.  I know he's saying what you want to hear but seriously....  

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 7/5/2022 at 1:54 PM, Ram1554 said:

You were correct. CSU at ~27k, Wyoming at ~22k.

SDSU at 10,000??

Hawaii at zero?  I thought they allowed fans in '21.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, Headbutt said:

SDSU at 10,000??

SDS was playing up in Carson last year, so their attendance is all screwed up.  

On 7/5/2022 at 1:51 PM, Ram1554 said:

It’s not accurate. Our attendance last year was 27,096. There were multiple  games with over 32k+ in attendance. 

Those aren’t great numbers, but Addazio ran the program into the ground. We’d sell out if half way decent. 

I double checked your numbers....spot on.  And that's in a 3-9 season.  You're right, we'd be well over 30K on average if we'd start winning.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:57 AM, Headbutt said:

It was a bit mixed, from what I remember it was like 0% allowed early on then as the season went on as restrictions eased the allowed attendance went up to the capacity limit.

This is all going to slow down for the next month while the P12 tries to find out if Fox and ESPN want to play, and if so how much.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:03 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

It was a bit mixed, from what I remember it was like 0% allowed early on then as the season went on as restrictions eased the allowed attendance went up to the capacity limit.

They didn't allow any fans at the games until I think November on that season.

On 7/5/2022 at 3:08 PM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

More damage control, this time from CU:

The non denial denial.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:24 PM, utgrizfan said:

I think it's gonna come down to if Notre Dame can or cannot get what they want from the BIG10. If the Big10 says no to all their demands and there is no compromise ND may join the ACC as a full member which would save the Conference 

ND is not going to join the ACC.  FSU, Clemson and Miami would love to be in the SEC.  I don't see the SEC taking any of the remiaining PAC teams so if they want to expand further they will take the best ACC football programs they can.  I wouldn't even rule out the SEC for ND.  The ACC will survive for now but once the GoR is up all bets are off.  Probably the biggest reason why the B1G only took 2 fron the PAC.  They want the other additions to come from the ACC.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:09 PM, RSF said:

This is all going to slow down for the next month while the P12 tries to find out if Fox and ESPN want to play, and if so how much.

I think ESPN could want to play a little more than FOX just for the late start times on ESPN

On 7/5/2022 at 12:55 PM, NorCalCoug said:

There are tons of media folks here in Utah that are connected and know their stuff where BYU and Utah are concerned.  This guy is a nobody, a complete unknown.  I never heard of him before his tweet.  I would caution you against relying on him as a credible source.  I know he's saying what you want to hear but seriously....  

So I guess the PAC immediately going into TV negotiations was just a coincidence as well?