Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 7/5/2022 at 12:59 PM, RebelRobert said:
Eat shit and die all who said I was wrong.

"I have never met with any school regarding their head coaching situation.  I'm happy here"

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/5/2022 at 2:04 PM, Reverend said:

I'd argue BYU is the third biggest brand in the Big 12 now. That guy really does just make shit up.

I agree that guy is full of crap for the most part, but I don't think the PAC would care about their brand. They just have a hateboner for BYU and always have.

0mK6pGK.png

On 7/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, AztecSU said:

It's sad this reads as true based on PAC history

If this is the case, they deserve what's coming to them. Beggars can't be choosers. 

On 7/5/2022 at 11:50 AM, WarriorTyme said:

Brendan Moore

@bmoorecfb

According to CBS Sports, the Big 12 is in talks to add 6 Pac 12 schools.

• Arizona • Arizona State • Colorado • Oregon • Utah • Washington

11:46 AM · Jul 5, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

If they got all 6 at that point I'd look at getting to 20 teams (especially considering thats what the SEC and Big10 will be aiming to achieve) for an even Pod system. I'd add USF/Memphis and BSU

WEST

UW, Oregon, BYU, BSU, Utah

SOUTH

Arizona, ASU, Colorado, TTU, Baylor

NORTH

KSU, Kansas, ISU, OSU, TCU

EAST

Houston, UCF, WVU, CINCY, Memphis/USF

You would play the teams in your pod every year and then 2 teams from 2 other pods (similar to the NFL) every season for 8 Conference games.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:03 PM, utgrizfan said:

The SL Tribune is a rag paper, I'll take the word over dedicated sports outlets over those morons.

Dennis Dobbs isn't exactly reliable. He puts things out to quickly instead of waiting for all the facts.

I think anyone who knows college football knew the four teams having a meeting with the Big 12 made no sense when Oregon and Washington were right there pissed that the Big 10 invite was not happening 

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 7/5/2022 at 7:09 AM, NorCalCoug said:

No credible source ref reporting BigXII meeting with PAC schools today….  Right @RebelRobert???

https://www.si.com/college/texas-tech/.amp/news/red-raiders-big-expansion-pac-arizona-state-colorado-utah-update-rumors

The SLTrib is reporting the opposite. As of 25 mimites ago.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/5/2022 at 12:11 PM, Spaztecs said:

The SLTrib is reporting the opposite. As of 25 mimites ago.

The fact that Washington and Oregon already tried to get to the BIG10 shows that they're not "tethered together" 

On 7/5/2022 at 12:09 PM, utgrizfan said:

If they got all 6 at that point I'd look at getting to 20 teams (especially considering thats what the SEC and Big10 will be aiming to achieve) for an even Pod system. I'd add USF/Memphis and BSU

WEST

UW, Oregon, BYU, BSU, Utah

SOUTH

Arizona, ASU, Colorado, TTU, Baylor

NORTH

KSU, Kansas, ISU, OSU, TCU

EAST

Houston, UCF, WVU, CINCY, Memphis/USF

They'll wait for ACC teams or take the Bay area teams if those teams want.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 7/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, jdgaucho said:

Please do not tell me @HawaiiMongoose that when all is said and done, the MWC gains Wazzu and the Beaves...

And we get Cal as a "consolation prize."

Yeah I think Cal would join the Big West and go independent for football before joining the MW. It will be really interesting to see what happens. 

Notre Dame's TV deal ends in 2025. Dennis Dodd just said on ESPN Notre Dame sees no reason to go to the Big 10 right now then he said he heard the Big 10 doesn't need to get pushed around by Notre Dame. So I guess Notre Dame demanding certain requirements were true.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:17 PM, bigd said:

Yeah I think Cal would join the Big West and go independent for football before joining the MW. It will be really interesting to see what happens. 

Cal isn't big enough of a brand to do that. Might as well drop football.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:17 PM, Reverend said:

Notre Dame's TV deal ends in 2025. Dennis Dodd just said on ESPN Notre Dame sees no reason to go to the Big 10 right now then he said he heard the Big 10ndoesnr have to get pushed around by Notre Dame. So I guess Notre Dame demanding certain requirements were true.

This could actually lead to the ACC being saved. They would probably give in to NDs demands more so then the BIG10 to get them as a full member and then expand themselves. The P5 could become the P4