Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

9 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

This guy is worse than the speculation that's written here.  So the Pac 12 teams are just gonna kick out OSU & WSU and call themselves a division instead of a league?  And the B12 is gonna kick long time member Kansas to the curb... and keep byu?  sure...

No idea what will happen but if you cover any and all options you can say you were right I suppose.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, RebelRobert said:

Best case scenario is that the BIG TEN takes Stanford, Oregon and Washington.  The Big 12 takes Utah, AZ, ASU and Colorado.  That would likely kill the PAC-12 and force Cal, Oregon State and Washington State into the MWC with SMU.

Worst case scenario:

UNLV

Nevada

Boise

Colorado State

Fresno State

SDSU

All six get invited to PAC-12.  That would leave the MWC scrambling.

I think you're right for the most part but if there is 3 PAC teams left they can keep the PAC name and invite schools. I think they can still keep it as long as three teams remain. Not sure on that.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:48 AM, Someone Else said:

This guy is worse than the speculation that's written here.  So the Pac 12 teams are just gonna kick out OSU & WSU and call themselves a division instead of a league?  And the B12 is gonna kick long time member Kansas to the curb... and keep byu?  sure...

No idea what will happen but if you cover any and all options you can say you were right I suppose.

UCF and Houston over West Virginia? Uhh?

Seems like Dodd is copying me. If he is I'm gonna get him to apologize about that miscue.

On 7/2/2022 at 7:17 PM, Spaztecs said:

Corvallis and Pullman don't exactly scream "Road Trip"

Corvallis isn't bad at all. Although there's no there there, it's only an hour drive to Oregon's beautiful and uncrowded coast and only a half-day drive to Ashland where the Shakespeare festival is held in the fall and only a couple hours from there to Crater Lake national park.

Pullman? To borrow from Joe Walsh, "ain't never been there but they tell me it's awful."

On 7/2/2022 at 8:53 PM, Dirtball said:

In the grand scheme of things we are all f***ed. Multiple P5 schools will be f***ed with us.

We Aztecs might still be f***ed but unlike those current P5 schools, at least we'll be better off.

I honestly hope he is right if Boise doesn't get a PAC invite with the teams in the PAC.

Washington State, Oregon State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado State, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, UNLV and a few more schools. I would go as far east as Memphis.

That wouldn't be bad. Holy Balls the Kansas fans would be unbearable. They went from the Big 10 dream to traveling to Fresno.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, Reverend said:

I honestly hope he is right if Boise doesn't get a PAC invite with the teams in the PAC.

Washington State, Oregon State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado State, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, UNLV and a few more schools. I would go as far east as Memphis.

That wouldn't be bad. Holy Balls the Kansas fans would be unbearable. They went from the Big 10 dream to traveling to Fresno.

They're already unbearable.  In all fairness though, most would be if they had to live in Lawrence, KS.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, Reverend said:

Please God, let UNLV end up in the same conference as Iowa State. Right @4UNLV?

I Hope Please GIF

On 7/3/2022 at 7:40 AM, SDSUfan said:

Personally, knowing LA pretty well, people are basing the value of the two teams there more on past performance than present reality. SC had a moment a decade or two ago when they were successful and treated like the local pro team by the community. Now that they have a super Bowl champ and another NFL shit stain using up oxygen and given their on- field mediocrity, they now play to half empty seats. I don't see that changing. UCLA culture has been drifting away from football going on two decades now. They too play to empty seats, miles from campus in an old, sweltering, shitbox of a stadium. Don't see that changing either. Maybe they'll move their games to Kronke World. Bottom line is the LA teams are the SOURCE of the PacXII market misery.

But I'm not a TV executive. I'm sure they know a lot more than me about these things.

WTF?:hookah:

On 7/3/2022 at 11:18 AM, toonkee said:

Please God, let UNLV end up in the same conference as Iowa State. Right @4UNLV?

I Hope Please GIF

Yes Please! Imagine the fun we could have with them, lol.

I skimmed through the cyclone fanatic yesterday, but they actually mentioned UNLV and SDSU could very well be going to the PAC.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:40 AM, RebelRobert said:

Best case scenario is that the BIG TEN takes Stanford, Oregon and Washington.  The Big 12 takes Utah, AZ, ASU and Colorado.  That would likely kill the PAC-12 and force Cal, Oregon State and Washington State into the MWC with SMU.

Worst case scenario:

UNLV

Nevada

Boise

Colorado State

Fresno State

SDSU

All six get invited to PAC-12.  That would leave the MWC scrambling.

As a Nevada fan, I like the worse case scenario best.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:32 AM, Reverend said:

So either a Big 12 / PAC 10 merger of the best teams or the PAC is gonna take the 2 or 4 best football brands in the MWC which going by Attendence, history, and TV is Boise, Fresno, CSU, and SDSU.

For the record he has made that same exact tweet every day since Thursday.

3 if, as is entirely possible, the only other Pac school to bail to the B1G is Stanford. (And if CU remains in the Pac as I suspect the Buffalos will, CSU wouldn't be one of the 3.)

John Canzano spoke with Bob Thompson, the former president of Fox Sports, about the media impacts on the PAC. A few points:

• Thompson thinks the PAC was looking at $500 million per year before the move, now more like $300 million.
  • Thompson thinks it unlikely that Fox will bid on the next PAC contract. Instead thinks Fox will go all in with the Big 10.
  • Thinks Oregon and Washington combined only adds about $60 million to a potential Big 10 contract, below the Big 10 per team payout.

Full article at the link in the tweet.