Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

On 7/2/2022 at 5:07 PM, RebelAlliance said:

."  I'm guessing that Clemson and FSU have the second kind of Lawyers

fify

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Imagine being a dumb +++++ like @NorCalCoug thinking BYU had actually made it to the big boys just to have it all ripped out under you, and knowing that Utah is a sure in to be part of a Big 10 super conference if they move to 24....+++++ that must hurt.

Big 12 teams are basically now what MWC teams used to be.  Feeder schools for the real power teams.  BYU is a little bitch now compared to North Western and Vandy.  Those schools could buy BYU 10 times over.  They are kids table.  Will always be kids table.  God, the Utah invite to the big boy super conference club is going to make them cry.  

I think you went off your medication again. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:16 PM, azgreg said:

FWs6UHyXwAAL28g?format=jpg&name=medium

I can't read that much whining from a fanbase that's already in the club and never has to worry about their program plummeting down to glorified NAIA status. Boo hoo, you've had to play Texas and Oklahoma instead of Penn State (who shouldn't even be allowed to have a football program) or Pitt. What a travesty.

0mK6pGK.png

On 7/2/2022 at 5:35 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure, and that "better opportunity" is likely going to land them right back with the rest of us.  They may get 1 or 2 years being in a superior conference before UW, Oregon, Utah, Stanford, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado leave and they are right back with us plus the PNW also rans. 

The only way to keep the Pac12 Brand going

;)

Americans Mayor

On 7/2/2022 at 5:39 PM, kingpotato said:

Getting an extra $20m for even a couple of years is still well worth it.

And a cut of the exit fees when many leave !

Americans Mayor

There is one of the WA politicians trying to get attention. What he doesn't mention is that unless there is a special session, the next Washington State Legislature session starts in January.

He is also getting a lot of pushback in the comments to those tweets.

In the grand scheme of things we are all f***ed. Multiple P5 schools will be f***ed with us.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

On 7/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, BulldogRed said:

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/look-possible-pac-12-realignment-theory-is-making-the-rounds

Maybe replacement eyeballs is a bigger factor than we are thinking  

Me thinks the Pac will try to land existing P5 Schools before they resort to a call up from the Minors.

Americans Mayor

On 7/2/2022 at 7:24 PM, Headbutt said:

Maybe West Virginia, perhaps Cincinnati?

So the B1G adds USC and Notre Dame, the SEC adds Texas and Oklahoma, and the ACC counters with West Virginia.  Kind of much ado about nothing.  They're probably better off standing pat for a year or two and seeing how things shake out.

More like Clemson,FSU, Miami to the $EC. ND will pick em between B1G and $EC. ACC will become part of the 2nd tier with Pac/New12.

Americans Mayor

On 7/2/2022 at 9:34 PM, FresnoFacts said:

There is one of the WA politicians trying to get attention. What he doesn't mention is that unless there is a special session, the next Washington State Legislature session starts in January.

He is also getting a lot of pushback in the comments to those tweets.

I'm sure WA has bigger problems to deal with you +++++ing douche. 

On 7/2/2022 at 10:58 PM, Spaztecs said:

Me thinks the Pac will try to land existing P5 Schools before they resort to a call up from the Minors.

What are the exit fees (if any) for new schools just entering the Big 12 (BYU/Houston). 

What are the exit fees (if any) for current members of the Big 12 like Texas Tech, OK State or TCU?

What other P5 options would the PAC-12 have?

On 7/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, Jimbo_Poke said:

Eh as long as you miss a major cold front or storm January ain't too bad.   Make it part of a trip with Steamboat Springs or Winter Park (not having to deal with the nightmare that is I70) or snowmobiling/skiing in the Snowies.   Meanwhile enjoy some nice local Wyoming and Colorado brews, sounds like a fine trip to me.

I'm referring to teams travelling to Laramie in January.

The Lady and I really dig Green River. No way in hell we're living there from Nov to April 

Americans Mayor

On 7/2/2022 at 8:05 PM, toonkee said:

The mw will always be the true home and family of BYU. 

The Wizard Of Oz Home GIF

Americans Mayor

On 7/2/2022 at 11:05 PM, RebelRobert said:

What are the exit fees (if any) for new schools just entering the Big 12 (BYU/Houston). 

What are the exit fees (if any) for current members of the Big 12 like Texas Tech, OK State or TCU?

What other P5 options would the PAC-12 have?

I will try to answer this question for myself.

Big 12 teams would have to pay roughly $80 million dollars in exit fees if they leave the Big 12 because the members of the league agreed to a 99-year grant of rights in 2012.

Do we really believe any Big 12 schools will pay $80 million to join an unstable PAC-12?

Hello SDSU and UNLV!

Only thing we are not sure about is if BYU and Houston agreed and signed this grant of rights when they entered the league?

On 7/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, RebelRobert said:

Big 12 teams would have to pay roughly $80 million dollars in exit fees if they leave the Big 12 because the members of the league agreed to a 99-year grant of rights in 2012.

Do we really believe any Big 12 schools will pay $80 million to join an unstable PAC-12?

Hello SDSU and UNLV!

Hence, the merger talks

Americans Mayor

On 7/2/2022 at 11:23 PM, Spaztecs said:

Hence, the merger talks

What merger talks?  I have not seen that from any reliable source.

and why would OU/Texas have to pay $80 million each if the leagues dissolve/merge?

You all have done a good job of summarizing the rumors and info out there. 

You have my thanks. 

I'm not sure where they got this,  but if accurate,  it at least could be a basis for discussion:

----------------------------

"you want respect [,] try showing some"

-maitaipaepae

Hello SDSU and UNLV!

Only thing we are not sure about is if BYU and Houston agreed and signed this grant of rights when they entered the league?

I'm too lazy to look but a 99 year GOR doesn't seem right.  If OUT stay until 2025 their exit fee is significantly reduced.  

I don't see universities signing a 99 year deal. 

Hello SDSU and UNLV!

UNLV is like 8th on the list to get in . It ain't happening