Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleopatra

USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12

Well if USC/UCLA do bolt for the BIG...then the one bright apple will be that UCLA will be out of the way from keeping out Fresno, SDSU and even SJSU from entering the P12 realm, because of their snobbish rules of academics first and this might bring CAL and Stanford into realizing they are not the top dog on the hill anymore.  Hopefully this will get Fresno their future Medical/Dental school plans back in line and change the California Regents minds to think that times are changing. The California legislature has always put a hamper on CSU schools because they denied most research development programs along with professional programs to be only reserved for the UC schools. This in turns keeps SDSU and FSU from getting an easier way to R1 status, but instead be stuck as R2.  Most of the other MWC schools are land grant or supported by their state but not here in California were there is a segregated tier system between UC vs CSU.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, mugtang said:

Notre Dame is the Prom Queen from 25 years ago who still thinks she’s hot after putting on 100lbs. 

Those Iowa and Nebraska farm boys in Big Ten land probably would still see her as hot.  Besides her, all they typically see is corn.

So the California Board plans on blocking the move if Cal and Stanford are left out. Not sure they can at this point  but it is a thing to consider I guess.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:30 PM, UofMTigers said:

Washington, Wash State, Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, Stanford, Arizona, Ariz State, Utah, Colorado better than

TCU, TX Tech, Baylor, OK State, Houston, BYU, Iowa State, Kansas, K State, Cincy, UCF, WV

In fact out of all those 22 schools, Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Arizona and Ariz State are the five best overall programs

At what?

On 6/30/2022 at 6:33 PM, smithy said:

Well if USC/UCLA do bolt for the BIG...then the one bright apple will be that UCLA will be out of the way from keeping out Fresno, SDSU and even SJSU from entering the P12 realm, because of their snobbish rules of academics first and this might bring CAL and Stanford into realizing they are not the top dog on the hill anymore.  Hopefully this will get Fresno their future Medical/Dental school plans back in line and change the California Regents minds to think that times are changing. The California legislature has always put a hamper on CSU schools because they denied most research development programs along with professional programs to be only reserved for the UC schools. This in turns keeps SDSU and FSU from getting an easier way to R1 status, but instead be stuck as R2.  Most of the other MWC schools are land grant or supported by their state but not here in California were there is a segregated tier system between UC vs CSU.

Dude, the state literally created another UC campus to give the central valley a research university rather than tear up the Master Plan.  Merced will get the Medical/Dental and maybe even a law school.  The state is not going to undo the Master Plan.

Congratulations to our only B1G rep on this board.  New Guy outta Maryland.  It's a fantastic financial boon for B1G, not unforeseen at all.

Where is fellow board member bruin in the bay?  If he is here I have not waded through all of it (aside from Memphis whining about something that will never include Memphis). 

Has azgreg weighed in?  Again, I have not waded through all of this. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 6/30/2022 at 5:18 PM, UofMTigers said:

you're a touch biased there....folks said the same about the Big XII when OU/TX announced...'no way OK State sticks around without Oklahoma' but they did.

Oklahoma State never had anywhere else to go.  Not the same thing.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:37 PM, Reverend said:

So the California Board plans on blocking the move if Cal and Stanford are left out. Not sure they can at this point  but it is a thing to consider I guess.

Could they even do that?

On 6/30/2022 at 6:42 PM, Coog kev said:

Congratulations to our only B1G rep on this board.  New Guy outta Maryland.  It's a fantastic financial boon for B1G, not unforeseen at all.

Where is fellow board member bruin in the bay?  If he is here I have not waded through all of it (aside from Memphis whining about something that will never include Memphis). 

Has azgreg weighed in?  Again, I have not waded through all of this. 

UCF and Cindy have been trying to get away from us for years...first CUSA...then the Big East...then the AAC...we always seem to get the band back together.

you see.....we're on a mission from God

eb6f96_50aed9ec10394e60a86b24ae3a5618b5~

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 6/30/2022 at 5:50 PM, utgrizfan said:

Probably SDSU over UNLV, could replace the So-Cal market

Who?

In all seriousness, I think SDSU would be a good option but there is a ton of potential in Boise and UNLV that would be valuable.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:48 PM, NewGuy12 said:

Nah its confirmed 

On 6/30/2022 at 5:43 PM, utgrizfan said:

Could they even do that?

Not sure. I'm sure there is a time limit of these things.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, utgrizfan said:

Could they even do that?

I don't know the specifics but if they're referring to the University of California Board of Regents I believe they can create various policies that would interfere with the ability of at least UCLA to participate in the new conference (reduce/cut funding for athletics, coaching, etc)

USC is private so nobody can really tell them what to do except their donors.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, PokeTransplant said:

UNLV and Boise would be smart to stay put until all of the scorched earth realignment settles.  The grass always looks greener until it doesn't....

Not sure if the PAC-12 will collapse as some people think, but who knows.