Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise 2023 recruiting

On 10/12/2022 at 4:46 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Jeanty is the most impressive talented offensive weapon we have had since Ajayi.  NFL bound, early.

Agree (I was thinking Titus).  RB's that talented get too many miles on their legs and the NFL chews them up fast.  We get 3 years with him max if this early view is accurate.   And he probably needs to get a bit bigger.

On 10/12/2022 at 4:57 PM, roughrider said:

Agree (I was thinking Titus).  RB's that talented get too many miles on their legs and the NFL chews them up fast.  We get 3 years with him max if this early view is accurate.   And he probably needs to get a bit bigger.

Really glad we are giving Holani's body a break this year and hope that Breezy will be able to do the same for Jeanty the next 2 seasons.  

On 10/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Really glad we are giving Holani's body a break this year and hope that Breezy will be able to do the same for Jeanty the next 2 seasons.  

Do you think george is gone after this season? He’s only R-JR and doeen’t seem like a for sure draft pick.

Elelyon could be that guy too even though he’s seen limited action this season.

I’m not sure Breezy will be physically ready as a True Frosh like Jeanty. He looks quite a bit thinner.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:02 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Do you think george is gone after this season? He’s only R-JR and doeen’t seem like a for sure draft pick.

Elelyon could be that guy too even though he’s seen limited action this season.

I’m not sure Breezy will be physically ready as a True Frosh like Jeanty. He looks quite a bit thinner.

I kind of do if he gets a "more likely than not to be drafted" grade.  Even 6th-7th round.  He has taken a lot of punishment and might only have a few years to make money professionally, wasting a year of earning would be hard to do.  

I think Breezy will be able to be a change of pace back day 1.  

On 10/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Jeanty is the most impressive talented offensive weapon we have had since Ajayi.  NFL bound, early.

Yup. If he was 2 inches taller he would've been a 5* SEC recruit, kid is a flat out stud. Back on topic, we are in desperate need of immediate impact receivers. Our wr group is...lackluster to say the least. 

On 10/12/2022 at 11:22 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Saw Dubar got his 4th star like I predicted he would when he was still not ranked.  @badfish

https://247sports.com/player/jambres-dubar-46103142/

Curious if/when the offers will follow. Good to see the MWC steal a 4*.

On 10/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Breezy looking like his commitment is softening. Tweeted a highlight video tagging recruiting services and an offer from Deion at Colorado.

RB Breezy Dubar says he's not signing in the early signing period. That means Boise is gunna need to find another RB for this class. Now CJ's Dad is tweeting about his excitement about Cal hiring TP... who has already offered his son. Not a good sign either.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:00 AM, kingpotato said:

RB Breezy Dubar says he's not signing in the early signing period. That means Boise is gunna need to find another RB for this class. Now CJ's Dad is tweeting about his excitement about Cal hiring TP... who has already offered his son. Not a good sign either.

CJ has had better offers than Cal. Think they are just happy all-around good dude Plough failed sideways into a decent job.

And silver lining on Dubar - he’s still liking Boise staff tweets. I don’t think he’s for sure gone, but hard for coaches to trust a wavering guy like that. May have found out the hard way that some offers are not commit-able. Colorado has offered 400+ dudes to Boise’s 67. And while he was given a 4*, he doesn’t really have a huge offer list to date.