Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise 2023 recruiting

On 7/5/2022 at 8:43 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

His junior season highlights don’t seem super impressive. But he’s been standing out this summer and getting a lot more interest.

Yeah, on the surface, he isn't a recruit that gets the juices flowing, but we'll see. There are definitely more recruits with FCS offers than normal. Hopefully this staff is good evaluators.

Tiller picks up a Cal offer. Boise needs to be shopping for another QB. Said he's still committed, but he's listening to schools... which makes that statement an oxymoron. He's actively recruiting on social media, but so was Houser last year... until he wasn't. He would be the 5th QB commit to renege I'm recent years if he does flip.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Boise-State-QB-commit-CJ-Tiller-talks-new-offer-from-Cal-Bears-football-recruiting--190853944/

On 8/2/2022 at 6:44 PM, kingpotato said:

Tiller picks up a Cal offer. Boise needs to be shopping for another QB. Said he's still committed, but he's listening to schools... which makes that statement an oxymoron. He's actively recruiting on social media, but so was Houser last year... until he wasn't. He would be the 5th QB commit to renege I'm recent years if he does flip.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Boise-State-QB-commit-CJ-Tiller-talks-new-offer-from-Cal-Bears-football-recruiting--190853944/

I’m not worried about Cal, Wilcox has struggled in the recruiting game. UCLA/USC come November though, could be scary if Tiller is still listening.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I’m not worried about Cal, Wilcox has struggled in the recruiting game. UCLA/USC come November though, could be scary if Tiller is still listening.

When a recruit says they're still listening to schools, they're gone with the right offer. 

"Coaching staff change is something that happens in the college world," said Tiller.  "It sucks, but I understand business is business at the end of the day. Coach Plough is an amazing father and coach. I wish nothing but the best for him and his family. Coach Koetter is also an amazing coach- he is a former head coach and he is a football genius when it comes to play calling. I hope he sticks around so I can be able to pick his brain and understand his process. Learning from the best can only get you better, so I’m excited to see coach Koetter in action and learn his playbook. I can’t wait to see what he has in store and get to know him more as a person and father."

That's why Plough's departure and Koetter's entrance has no bearing on Tiller's commitment.

"I committed to Boise State not just for one person, I committed to that staff and to Boise State," said Tiller. "I have had nothing but a supportive experience with the staff and state. I’ve had Boise State fans come watch my high school games. To me, that’s the best feeling ever- a fan base that cares about everyone on the team. The city of Boise shows they care and want the best for anyone. I love that I have committed to that staff and the city of Boise."

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Slow-start-changes-at-Boise-State-arent-affecting-2023-commits-194300514/

On 9/27/2022 at 4:14 PM, kingpotato said:

Ty McCollouch is transferring from CSU. He was high on Boise State or of high school and they need WR help. I wonder if Boise is an option.

It sure looked like Harsin chose Waleed, Blaylock, and Whiting over this guy (as well as Fresno's Keric Wheatfall).

Wheatfall has 1200 career receiving yards.  McCollouch has 600.

The three Boise guys in the class of 2019 have a combined 1 catch for -1 yard.

On 9/27/2022 at 6:04 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

It sure looked like Harsin chose Waleed, Blaylock, and Whiting over this guy (as well as Fresno's Keric Wheatfall).

Wheatfall has 1200 career receiving yards.  McCollouch has 600.

The three Boise guys in the class of 2019 have a combined 1 catch for -1 yard.

On paper, that was probably the best WR class Boise has had. In practice, it's one of the worst.

Ty has been productive enough. It's an area of need for Boise. I'd take him.

Sure is fun to sachet down to Texas and steal the up and comers before they explode.  The P5's always wait for the explosion first then go.  But with Jeanty and now hopefully Breezy, they fall in love with Boise, the program and the staff before the money schools try to jump in.

On 10/12/2022 at 2:09 PM, roughrider said:

Sure is fun to sachet down to Texas and steal the up and comers before they explode.  The P5's always wait for the explosion first then go.  But with Jeanty and now hopefully Breezy, they fall in love with Boise, the program and the staff before the money schools try to jump in.

Breezy will be in a really good spot with Boise.  Should split carries with Jeanty day 1 assuming Holani goes pro and with his speed he will be just as much a threat to break one down the sidelines as Green.  We REALLY need some O-line help from the portal with the players leaving.  If we can reload the line somehow, the offense should be good.  

On 10/12/2022 at 3:05 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Breezy will be in a really good spot with Boise.  Should split carries with Jeanty day 1 assuming Holani goes pro and with his speed he will be just as much a threat to break one down the sidelines as Green.  We REALLY need some O-line help from the portal with the players leaving.  If we can reload the line somehow, the offense should be good.  

The line is a question for sure. But there is big, athletic talent on the roster that hopefully wants to go. 

The whole Breezy and Jeanty recruiting paths are similar.  And Jeanty is an absolute steal.  

On 10/12/2022 at 4:38 PM, roughrider said:

The line is a question for sure. But there is big, athletic talent on the roster that hopefully wants to go. 

The whole Breezy and Jeanty recruiting paths are similar.  And Jeanty is an absolute steal.  

Jeanty is the most impressive talented offensive weapon we have had since Ajayi.  NFL bound, early.