Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I hear a WOOSH?

NBA Draft tonight

Lakers acquired the #35 pick.  Anyone think they'll use it for Shareef O'Neal?  Nothing would say big splash better than that

Banchero to Orlando.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 6/23/2022 at 5:25 PM, ph90702 said:

Shareef O’Neal will not be drafted.

I don't believe he will be either.  Just that if it was going to happen, the Lakers would be the team.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, azgreg said:

Yeah being a Kings fan is just cruel and unusual punishment. Hopefully next year with Sabonis we can make a run at the 8 seed. It’s been a record long playoff drought.

On 6/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, Wyobraska said:

NBA draft used to be so much fun to watch when I was younger.  Now you don't even really know much about the kids.  I miss when kids stayed in school longer but I'm happy they are getting paid.

Rare that a team wins a championship without their best player being at least 27 years old.  Stephen Curry was 27 when he won his first title.  LeBron James was 27.  Michael Jordan was 28. The times when it has happened, there is a secondary player who is.

On 6/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, Wyobraska said:

NBA draft used to be so much fun to watch when I was younger.  Now you don't even really know much about the kids.  I miss when kids stayed in school longer but I'm happy they are getting paid.

I wonder if NIL will encourage some prospects to stay in school longer? I’m sure elite players will be making really good money and living a potentially more fun lifestyle compared to pros.

Wow good for Roddy, definitely a nice surprise being taken so high. Hopefully he’s able to find his niche in the NBA.

The Grizzlies ended up trading for him.

On 6/23/2022 at 8:30 PM, bigd said:

Wow good for Roddy, definitely a nice surprise being taken so high. Hopefully he’s able to find his niche in the NBA.

The Grizzlies ended up trading for him.

He must of impressed Memphis in workouts. Guaranteed to get a nice contract. 

On 6/23/2022 at 8:35 PM, soupslam1 said:

He must of impressed Memphis in workouts. Guaranteed to get a nice contract. 

Guaranteed about $2.2M for two years with a team option for $2.3M in the 3rd year.