Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

We’re not messing around anymore

Sandoval is serious about athletics

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/stephanie-rempes-contract-at-nevada-one-of-the-most-lucrative-in-mountain-west-history?fbclid=IwAR2CRlW1JLKHh94s4fGyNejZQQJCAxNYXhczSvfg-KlvTyokdokU-rM42IA

The five-year deal extends through the 2026-27 athletic season and is one of the most financially lucrative in Mountain West history, including a series of achievable bonuses that could push her annual salary north of $550,000.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I don't know if she's the answer or not, but good on Nevada for making the investment.  A very solid move in the right direction.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:24 AM, aztech said:

Hmmmm, now that NV is shelling out the dough I wonder what Norvell thinks about this. LOL 

Just wait until we announce the building of an indoor practice facility, complete with a 100 yard field unlike CSU’s 70 yard one. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Time will tell, but it's good to see UNR making a serious investment.  Given that the FB and MBB coaching situations seems to on lockdown for at least three years, I don't know how she'll make her bones in the interim period.  Fundraising and attracting more alumni and corporate involvement, I'd assume will be her top priority.  

On 6/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, RebelAlliance said:

Time will tell, but it's good to see UNR making a serious investment.  Given that the FB and MBB coaching situations seems to on lockdown for at least three years, I don't know how she'll make her bones in the interim period.  Fundraising and attracting more alumni and corporate involvement, I'd assume will be her top priority.  

As I understand it those will be her top priority along with NIL. 

On 6/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

What do you propose an AD will do about NIL?

This comment shows how little you actually understand college athletics. 

On 6/23/2022 at 12:05 PM, mugtang said:

This comment shows how little you actually understand college athletics. 

Seriously.  There is a ton a competent AD can do to help student athletes monetize on their NIL.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/06/20/Portfolio/Name-Image-Likeness.aspx

On 6/23/2022 at 7:33 AM, mugtang said:

As I understand it those will be her top priority along with NIL. 

I can't believe she's not looking into competitive meat judging.

People, not a fan.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously.  There is a ton a competent AD can do to help student athletes monetize on their NIL.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/06/20/Portfolio/Name-Image-Likeness.aspx

I mean :shrug:

On 6/23/2022 at 1:49 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

So I ask you what you would propose your ad do to tackle NIL and this is your response? You wouldn’t say that if you actually knew me and what I do.  You listen to the wrong people.

You do things like Boise did and what Nebraska did.  You try to help your athletes as much as possible with NIL.

Some ADs are more proactive and innovative than others.  There is a lot that can be done from a school perspective though.  

https://huskers.com/news/2022/4/14/athletics-nebraska-launches-official-nil-marketplace-for-husker-student-athletes.aspx#:~:text=The marketplace gives Nebraska fans,in the Nebraska Huskers Marketplace.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:49 AM, mugtang said:

I mean :shrug:

Still waiting on last year's winnings...Feeling THIRSTY!

Notre Dame.jpeg

On 6/23/2022 at 2:51 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

Still waiting on last year's winnings...Feeling THIRSTY!

Notre Dame.jpeg

Completely spaced it.