Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Biden to call for a suspension of all federal gas/diesel taxes for three months

Russia is a large oil producer and have been shut out of Europe and America because of the war in Ukraine

The only way to lower the price of gas is to drop all sanctions against Russia and allow their oil to be sold everywhere, again

this is not going to happen and President Biden is pledging to keep and fight the war in Ukraine and so I think gas prices will be very expensive for a long long time

On 6/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, Cleopatra said:

Russia is a large oil producer and have been shut out of Europe and America because of the war in Ukraine

The only way to lower the price of gas is to drop all sanctions against Russia and allow their oil to be sold everywhere, again

this is not going to happen and President Biden is pledging to keep and fight the war in Ukraine and so I think gas prices will be very expensive for a long long time

Angry Robot GIF

On 6/23/2022 at 5:43 AM, happycamper said:

?? they had to have bad gas mileage. until we had a year and a half of disrupted new cars to mess upt he whole market, there were plenty of old ass civics and camrys to go around. 

Have you payed any attention to used vehicle Prices since Cash for Clunkers?  Before the pandemic and the chip shortage, a 10 year old F-150 with 115, 000 miles would regularly go for $25,000. Now they can go for $30,000, and people are buying them. Cash for Clunkers took any used vehicle, those guidelines meant absolutely nothing. Destroying those vehicles was not a good thing in the long run.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:35 PM, sean327 said:

Have you payed any attention to used vehicle Prices since Cash for Clunkers?  Before the pandemic and the chip shortage, a 10 year old F-150 with 115, 000 miles would regularly go for $25,000. Now they can go for $30,000, and people are buying them. Cash for Clunkers took any used vehicle, those guidelines meant absolutely nothing. Destroying those vehicles was not a good thing in the long run.

yes? I bought used vehicles since cash for clunkers. truck prices in the west were always dumb, sedan and small suv prices were... fine.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Angry Robot GIF

i don't understand your angry response,,,

i didn't say anything other than what President Biden said already that it is a price hike because of the west sanctions on Russia, which was from Russia illegal invasion of Ukraine, this raised oil prices massively in US and Europe because the cheaper Russia oil was no longer there for purchase

that is reality and prices will not lower any time soon

are you really thinking the US and Europe could stop all sanctions against Russia oil soon,

I don't see that happening.

On 6/23/2022 at 8:20 AM, grandjean87 said:

It doesn’t matter if it falls flat.  It may be just as well politically. Republicans stopping all the brave efforts to prevent gouging and lower gas prices.  Biden is no fool.  He’s the consummate political animal.  He and his team know the political scoreboard.  Doing/proposing nothing isn’t an option. 

Yeah, seeing that all over facebook from the bernie bros.  Republicans protecting evil Big Oil and their nasty profits, which, of course, is the primary reason for high gas prices.  PROFITS!!!!

On 6/23/2022 at 11:22 AM, Cleopatra said:

i didn't say anything other than what President Biden said already that it is a price hike because of the west sanctions on Russia, which was from Russia illegal invasion of Ukraine, this raised oil prices massively in US and Europe because the cheaper Russia oil was no longer there for purchase

are you really thinking the US and Europe could stop all sanctions against Russia oil soon,

I’m messing with you

On 6/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, Cleopatra said:

yeah, if it means stopping Putin...I'm okay with that

On 6/22/2022 at 5:09 AM, retrofade said:

To quote Barry Obama, "suspending the fuel tax is a gimmick."  The one and only time I'll agree with Barry.  

Joe's phucked up everything he's touched, now all he has left are gimmicks.  

On 6/23/2022 at 11:26 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, seeing that all over facebook from the bernie bros.  Republicans protecting evil Big Oil and their nasty profits, which, of course, is the primary reason for high gas prices.  PROFITS!!!!

FFS, retro and retro-lite are both moderators here.  You two are like a bad rash, just can't shed it.  

On 6/23/2022 at 11:22 AM, Cleopatra said:

He just another run of the mill angry leftist.  This one's got no game, so we get the low IQ .gifs.  

On 6/25/2022 at 1:11 PM, grandjean87 said:

Seems to be a bit of a run here of late for grads of the Sean Hannity School of Public Affairs. 

Just get prepared to be called a "groomer" by Lu because you were a teacher.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:10 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He does not do any moderating duties here, you will be given warnings before you are banned.  It is really hard to get banned here.

Please explain Tailingpermit being banned. I have had some run-ins with him, but he didn't post anything different than other posters in that particular thread. Or the other one with the same subject matter. Some I would consider worse. Might want to go back and read some of them. Also, you started that thread and posted some showering comments aimed at another poster and acknowledged it probably wasn't a good idea to start the thread. Teams maybe? 🤔 

On 6/25/2022 at 1:31 PM, AztecAlien said:

Please explain Tailingpermit being banned. I have had some run-ins with him, but he didn't post anything different than other posters in that particular thread. Or the other one with the same subject matter. Some I would consider worse. Might want to go back and read some of them. Also, you started that thread and posted some showering comments aimed at another poster and acknowledged it probably wasn't a good idea to start the thread. Teams maybe? 🤔 

You and Lu are going to get along so great together. 

On 6/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, AztecAlien said:

TP had been skirting board rules for a while, not my decision.  Happy was also unaware that Spaztecs literally said he bathed his daughters at that age.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:17 AM, retrofade said:

Just get prepared to be called a "groomer" by Lu because you were a teacher.

It’s amazing the transformation of attitudes on sexuality in just a few decades.  I remember talking with Tino’ once. Took him to age 21 to graduate.  He is in his mid-30s now. Huge kid, very overweight, but strong as hell.  The upshot was that a decade or so before he was in school, he might have been one of the guys beating up the gays. By then (c. 2009), he was one of the guys who would beat up the gay bashers.  Grooming unnecessary.