Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Nah, Republicans aren’t anti-LGBTQ+ at all

On 6/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, smltwnrckr said:

I wasn't much of an environmentalist or anti-corporatist as a young man, but I voted Green for my first president vote because of political disaffection and because Ralph Nader was... real and good. Leadership and messaging matters a lot for a third party. 

I don't think they get more fascy, necessarily... as much as they will get more tolerant of fascy stuff with a shared disdain for some of the same cultural stuff the fascy people disdain. Which, I think, is... bad. IMO the LP going all-in on bro culture is not a good thing. My understanding is that the Mises Caucus' messaging at the convention where they took over leadership was that the LP was too "woke." Yuck.

Please.  
Stop with the championship Ralph Nader talk.  

You sound like Phil Donahue.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:18 PM, CPslograd said:

Please.  
Stop with the championship Ralph Nader talk.  

You sound like Phil Donahue.

So the entire point was lost on you?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:32 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Speaking of a Goddamn weirdo about gay issues, Michigan’s State Attorney General has just come out and said that she wants every school to have a drag queen.

Her quote: “You know what is not a problem for kids who are seeking a good education? Drag queens. Drag queens are entertainment," 

Yes, they are fun.

Your belief system would cancel Mrs Doubtfire and Madea.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 6/21/2022 at 9:23 PM, Spaztecs said:

Yes, they are fun.

Wow, I must have missed something. Didn't realize Mrs Doubtfires character was a 70 year old drag queen. I will have to go back and watch it again to see if I can pick that up. Had to look Madea up. Another 70 year old drag queen? :shrug: 

On 6/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, Spaztecs said:

Yes, they are fun.

So let me get this straight. You think sexualizing little children would be fun? No, I just believe little kids should be allowed to be little kids without adult pervs like you fvcking up their childhood innocence. By the way, are you a registered sex offender of the spaz variety? 

kat.jpg

On 6/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, happycamper said:

Convert, you've been a goddamn weirdo about gay issues for over a decade. I can't imagine spending that much time worrying about who random other adults decide to hanky panky with. 

LOL, speaking of being worried about suicide, I guess it doesn’t bother you if some kid went through a phase about wanting to be a girl at 7, so out comes the dick saw with your support, and years later the person realizes it was a dumb kid idea and huge life altering mistake. But people like you let it happen. You don’t seem to be worried about the suicides on the back end because you fvcked up. You’re a mess. 

kat.jpg

On 6/21/2022 at 10:23 PM, Nevada Convert said:

So let me get this straight. You think sexualizing little children would be fun? No, I just believe little kids should be allowed to be little kids without adult pervs like you fvcking up their childhood innocence. By the way, are you a registered sex offender of the spaz variety? 

The hell? You really just went from 0 to "sexualize kids!" real fast. Granted, knowing your views, that was to be expected.

But I guess you cancel culture Bugs Bunny, right? Mrs. Doubtfire? Mulan? Genie from Aladdin? After all, heaven forbid kids see someone wearing different clothes. Which, of course in your mind, you jumped a few thousand hurdles, barriers, and forms of logic to conclude that somehow mean pedophilia. Goes to show how your mind works.

The Texas GOP is stupid for putting anti gay stuff in their platform.  Calling gay relationships "abnormal" and excluding the log cabin republicans, is anti gay.  It's not a legitimate policy difference, of which there are many regarding this issue.  It's just anti gay.  They should, and are being condemned by a lot of people for it.

But Retro and Sactown always do this.  It's like groundhog day.  They dig up some issue, and scream "it's beyond the pale, how could anyone ever vote republican".

Democrats run around fund raising with anti semites all the time. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/activist-history-anti-semitism-campaigned-with-democrats

Activists in the DOJ and media created the whole RussiaGate scandal out of thin air, FFS, Retro posted daily about it for two years.  It was all garbage.  It was an assault on the truth, and just as corrosive to our democracy as anything Trump did.  Twitter allows Al Queada, Iran, and the Norko's on their platform, but bans Trump.  Google tweaks their searches so it's three pages before a conservative view pops up if you query any political issue.  But Spartan with no vowels acts like the bigger issue is school libraries limiting sexual content. 

Gimme a break

Democrats act like the Covid lockdowns and mask policies were totally reasonable.  Which is an absurd position at this point.  And then they say "we were all in it together", which is even more absurd.  White collar workers were zooming from the comfort of their own homes, while blue collar workers were wearing cumbersome masks while working a line for 8 hours.  Putting a mask on to virtue signal while you are at the grocery store is not the same thing as wearing a mask all day, every day, working a shift on a line, or at a jobsite.  Democrats demonize border patrol, their president lies multiple times about whipping Haitian migrants, and none of that bothers them.  They think they are the compassionate ones.  All the while the democrats are losing latino voters in droves, because they are the ones most impacted by Biden's border policies and deliberate energy cost inflation.

Every board is an echo chamber, this place is no different.  You 15 guys or whatever the number of regular lefty posters on this board is can bounce your opinions back and forth all you want.  It doesn't change the fact that Biden's approval numbers are just as bad as Trump's were.  So think about that, just as many people think you are plumb crazy for supporting this administration, as people thought it was lunacy to support Trump.

What's your line?  What would it take for you to vote for a republican candidate?

On 6/22/2022 at 4:01 AM, CPslograd said:

The Texas GOP is stupid for putting anti gay stuff in their platform.  Calling gay relationships "abnormal" and excluding the log cabin republicans, is anti gay.  It's not a legitimate policy difference, of which there are many regarding this issue.  It's just anti gay.  They should, and are being condemned by a lot of people for it.

But Retro and Sactown always do this.  It's like groundhog day.  They dig up some issue, and scream "it's beyond the pale, how could anyone ever vote republican".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/activist-history-anti-semitism-campaigned-with-democrats

Activists in the DOJ and media created the whole RussiaGate scandal out of thin air, FFS, Retro posted daily about it for two years.  It was all garbage.  It was an assault on the truth, and just as corrosive to our democracy as anything Trump did.  Twitter allows Al Queada, Iran, and the Norko's on their platform, but bans Trump.  Google tweaks their searches so it's three pages before a conservative view pops up if you query any political issue.  But Spartan with no vowels acts like the bigger issue is school libraries limiting sexual content. 

Gimme a break

Democrats act like the Covid lockdowns and mask policies were totally reasonable.  Which is an absurd position at this point.  And then they say "we were all in it together", which is even more absurd.  White collar workers were zooming from the comfort of their own homes, while blue collar workers were wearing cumbersome masks while working a line for 8 hours.  Putting a mask on to virtue signal while you are at the grocery store is not the same thing as wearing a mask all day, every day, working a shift on a line, or at a jobsite.  Democrats demonize border patrol, their president lies multiple times about whipping Haitian migrants, and none of that bothers them.  They think they are the compassionate ones.  All the while the democrats are losing latino voters in droves, because they are the ones most impacted by Biden's border policies and deliberate energy cost inflation.

That's a shitty "but" poly. This isn't "digging up" anything. This is the largest state GOP going out of their way to be more anti-gay than they were 20 years ago. You don't need to "but" it. Sactown and Retro, regardless of how you feel of how often they call out the GOP in general, are totally right here. 

What's your line?  What would it take for you to vote for a republican candidate?

Sandoval? Hell in 2016 I was pretty sure that Rubio was going to win the primary and I planned on voting for him. Shit has gotten... real weird since then and for me at least, the challenges we face today are ones that the Republicans of today are not well equipped to handle. So.

• Able to admit that 2020 was a fair election
  • Supporting actual space travel and infrastructure repair
  • Not anti-gay
  • Not anti marijuana legalization

It wouldn't take a lot. Now my dream list of candidates includes stuff like police accountability, campaign finance reform, long ranged education reform, long ranged housing planning, increased mental health support, and a plan to move health care towards something between what we have now and what Germany has. That's essentially an impossible ask from Democrats though so not exactly holding my breath lol. 

Every board is an echo chamber, this place is no different.  You 15 guys or whatever the number of regular lefty posters on this board is can bounce your opinions back and forth all you want.  It doesn't change the fact that Biden's approval numbers are just as bad as Trump's were.  So think about that, just as many people think you are plumb crazy for supporting this administration, as people thought it was lunacy to support Trump.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:19 AM, tailingpermit said:

What a homophobic piece of shit!

Anyone that voted for him is the same!

I don't think that many on this board will argue that Biden isn't a lily-livered consummate politician who has stayed exactly in the middle of Democratic politics in a soulless, joyless 4 decade quest to become President, going from old-school very pro union anti immigration relatively family values Democrat to yawning at unions, old school republican attitude towards immigration, and superficially supporting gay rights. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/22/2022 at 8:21 AM, tailingpermit said:

Last I heard, @retrofadeand @Spaztecswere going to bathe their 11 year old daughters together.  

how did I miss this? tailing, don't accuse other posters of pedophilia or incest. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/22/2022 at 9:39 AM, tailingpermit said:

A lot of showering going on.  

Have fun being gone for a month.

On 6/22/2022 at 1:01 AM, CPslograd said:

Gimme a break

For what it is worth I wasn’t strongly anti Republican until Trump became anti-democratic and the rest of the Republican Party decided to kiss his ring.  Up to that point I was registered Republican and voted in the Republican Primary.  Funny enough I have this issue with autocratic rulers who ignore the constitution.  Imagine that.

The fact someone like you has no line out of the Jan 6 hearings is your issue not mine.   Oh and lastly, I’m no fan of Biden but the authoritarian Trump loving social conservatives have made supporting the Republicans impossible.  Want my line….. start actually following the Constitution and hold your law breakers accountable and I will be happy to vote Republican.   It was done in the 70’s with Nixon.  It shouldn’t be that hard.