Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

Pick 10 team purple THREAD

We need 13. I'm one. First twelve to like this and respond are in.  

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

In 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 6/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Said I am down in the other thread on this.  

This is the purple thread.  Consider yourself drafted

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On the fence re purple.  I prefer a good mix of the internals and special externals joined by @RSF, @Bruininthebay, @UofMTigers, @Gonzagafan2021, @Cleopatra, @NewGuy12. @azgreg

This Group has to include Jeff.  He's a wonderful hoot.  Warbly is great fun, @Warbow @818SUDSFan @Slapdad

If this fun group comes to fruition, methinks Warbly would be up for drafting it all.  As always, once college ball finally rolls around...I do loves me my Rankulator.  This is the budding group green, for Hawai'i. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

It's the annual MWC pick college teams football success for the upcoming year.  A very simple snake draft and pick teams.  It takes for like forever funsy matters.  We are divided into groups.  We pick the upcoming gridiron success of the 130 or so FBS teams.  Usually it is a group of 10 or so picking a baker's dozen teams with the 130..which is why there are multiple groups. 

It's usually really wild, good fun over the top with a lot of b*tching and moaning @Jeffkills.

It's great fun.  BTW, every team pick made requires a selection pick photo.  Anything goes re all that. 

Simple win/loss record regarding picks. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 6/19/2022 at 10:13 PM, Coog kev said:

It's the annual MWC pick college teams football success for the upcoming year.  A very simple snake draft and pick teams.  It takes for like forever funsy matters.  We are divided into groups.  We pick the upcoming gridiron success of the 130 or so FBS teams.  Usually it is a group of 10 or so picking a baker's dozen teams with the 130..which is why there are multiple groups. 

It's usually really wild, good fun over the top with a lot of b*tching and moaning @Jeffkills.

It's great fun.  BTW, every team pick made requires a selection pick photo.  Anything goes re all that. 

Simple win/loss record regarding picks. 

Jeff's super busy this year and IDK if he'd be able to pick on time? That's why he didn't just take charge of his own group.

So far confirmed we have me, mug, bsu fan 9, halfman, sjsfan, masterfrog, billings, aztec alien. coog kev and newguy are curious. That's 8 firm, 2 curious, we need 3-5 more. 

@youngredbullfan @NorCalCoug @sdsuphlip4 you guys in?

On 6/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, happycamper said:

Jeff's super busy this year and IDK if he'd be able to pick on time?

That would be a huge departure from previous years!

On 6/20/2022 at 2:30 PM, azgreg said:

Can someone point me to a past thread that explains what this is all about? I went back about 30 pages and didn't see anything.

FIRST, we gather 13 posters who are on at least once a day. 

SECOND, we randomize the order of the names for our draft.
THIRD, we pick FBS teams in order. The goal is to have the most wins, so generally Alabama goes first, Boise State goes tenth, UCLA goes 30th... CSU goes 130th, and so on. 

FOURTH, we do this in a snake draft - so person #13 gets to pick 13th and 14th. 

FIFTH, we have agony as the picking process is too slow.

SIXTH, once each of the thirteen people have picked 10 teams, we have agony that the picking process was too fast and we still have 2 weeks before the season starts.

SEVENTH, we get handy dandy charts that illustrate what teams we have and our current win-loss order. I don't do these, I'm not a graphical guy. I guess I could, in cad, but they would look like ass. 

EIGHTH, we feel rising glory or sinking despair when our #94th pick of East Carolina somehow goes from 3-9 last season to 11-2 this season while our #6 pick of Texas sucks, again. 

So.... ARE YOU IN?