Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

1/6 Committee Hearings

On 6/24/2022 at 11:07 AM, tspoke said:

Too bad those Rs are getting run out of the party.... So next time we wo t get so lucky. 

Nope Trump is well aware who the true believers are.   If he gets re-elected he will insure only true believers have positions in DOD and DOJ. 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:58 PM, FresnoFacts said:

I cannot remember anytime in the last few decades that this many members of Congress all sought Presidential Pardons at the same time. Does anyone remember anything close to this?

Mo Brooks can be their worst nightmare.   I wouldn’t be surprised if he cut a deal and turned on them all. 

On 6/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, sactowndog said:

Mo Brooks can be their worst nightmare.   I wouldn’t be surprised if he cut a deal and turned on them all. 

He submitted conditions to Congress for his testimony. Let's see if they agree to them. He could burn it all down now that he thinks he's been betrayed

On 6/25/2022 at 8:22 PM, sactowndog said:

Trump turned on him, and he appears to be spurned because of it. 

On 6/25/2022 at 12:58 PM, GoDogs22 said:

I still can't figure out Ron Johnson's shifting explanations on the fake electors. He's now blaming Mike Kelly from Pennsylvania. Why would a Pennsylvania Rep have fake elector info from Wisconsin and Michigan? And why would he deliver it to Johnson to deliver to Pence? Not to mention, why would Johnson just hand something over to the Vice President without knowing what it is and what it meant. Although, the classic fake phone call tactic is funny on multiple levels.

Some Republicans lie better than others...

I still can't figure out Ron Johnson's shifting explanations on the fake electors. He's now blaming Mike Kelly from Pennsylvania. Why would a Pennsylvania Rep have fake elector info from Wisconsin and Michigan? And why would he deliver it to Johnson to deliver to Pence? Not to mention, why would Johnson just hand something over to the Vice President without knowing what it is and what it meant. Although, the classic fake phone call tactic is funny on multiple levels.

They are starting to be worried about jail and are trying to cover their ass.  

On 6/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, LuDog70 said:

List for me all those who have been charged with "insurrection."  

Line item detail please.  

Hey, dumb-dumb, you know what UNLV2001 was referring to.  Nice job on practicing law (splitting hairs) on the Internet.  Most of the people who were on the Capitol Grounds on Jan. 6 that have been arrested have been charged with various levels of things such as entering a restricted building, obstruction of an official proceeding, civil disorder, assault and disorderly conduct.  AFAIK, so far, only 10 or 11 Oath Keepers have been charged with seditious conspiracy (BTW, how's your application for that group going?), but that may yet change...

The point here is that your phucked-up "accuracy" request is a pathetic deflection as to the abhorrent behavior of thousands and thousands of ignorant "patriots" like you.  Get a life...

On 6/25/2022 at 6:27 PM, ripple effect said:

AFAIK, so far, only 10 or 11 Oath Keepers have been charged with seditious conspiracy (BTW, how's your application for that group going?), but that may yet change...

I believe a few of the Proud Boys and their leadership was also hit with seditious conspiracy charges

On 6/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Trump himself may be their worst nightmare.

I really, really want to see Trump testify in the Jan 6 hearings, since he is begging for 'equal time'. His ego is big enough that he will convict himself just by opening his mouth.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, LuDog70 said:

List for me all those who have been charged with "insurrection."  

Line item detail please.  

Not sure you know how these things work - Check back later 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:21 PM, bornontheblue said:

I think you are not understanding what political party is in complete disarray right now. 

The democrats are getting blamed for the state of the economy, and are on the wrong side of about every major issue right now. They are going to get their asses handed to them in a few months. 

Biden has lower approval ratings than what Trump had, even after 1/6.  Biden does not have the ability to pull off a 1995 Bill Clinton and pivot to the more conservative middle.  The Democrats have no bench to fill in when they tell Joe it is time to go home. They are completely unappealing to the typical middle American voter in flyover country. 

A lot can change in the next 2 1/2 years but the GOP will certainly control congress this fall, and most likely the White House in 2024. Why would we split up ????

Cheney & Romney are both a dying breed in the republican party.  Trump defeated their influence in party matters in 2016, and they are desperately clinging to any small amount of relevance they have left. 

The GOP will be out of power in 2024 after the Electorate sees what a bunch of ass clowns and Authoritarians they truly are.

Investigating the Jan 6 Commitee and Hunter Biden is at the top of their list. Their screaming and wailing about gas prices, the border, and outrage politics will wane with the voters.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 6/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

As Dan Abrams said on the POTUS channel yesterday, if the Democraptic Party returns to being the Democratic Party, rather than emulating their predecessors and ordaining the next Hillary Clinton as you suspect, they will nominate a non-hated candidate who can take off the gloves against the Orange SS in 2024.

That means no Pete Buttigieg. I'm hoping for a moderate with a modicum of testicles like Sherrod Brown.

Pete dishes the dirt towards R's and handled himself well.

What's your dislike.ofnhim based upon ?

I think he is Un-Electable simply because he is gay.

Americans Mayor

On 6/23/2022 at 6:25 PM, azgreg said:

I'd take testicular cancer over either of them.

We appreciate your selfless sacrifice in this matter.

Americans Mayor

On 6/23/2022 at 9:21 PM, UNLV2001 said:

If there's fault to be found.......it's that those within the administration & close to trump that could see what was going on, didn't go public en mass to expose the activities that led to the 1/6 insurrection - Maybe if they had gone public 1/6 might have never happened or been the thing is eventually became 

So while we are lucky these people didn't 100% cave to the orange crap stain, they dropped the ball on preventing what eventually did happen.........now one could say, "who could have seen the 1/6 insurrection coming" - That's a question, but they appeased the coup for longer than they probably should have. 

Again, it's a tough situation and easier to say the above after the fact.....during the time it was probably another story 

So the praise should be tempered IMO 

When Trump sent out the Tweet telling everyone to come to DC on Jan 6.

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” Mr. Trump tweeted on Dec. 19, just one of several of his tweets promoting the day. “Be there, will be wild!”

I knew right then, it was going to get out of hand.

Americans Mayor

I still can't figure out Ron Johnson's shifting explanations on the fake electors. 

Oh.. Oh...  I've got this one.

He's stupid.

____________________________________________...

After deleting some of my posts and closing the offending SteveAztec thread, a couple of elites have been able to open it long enough to respond to me anyway.  And since I can’t respond on a closed thread, here is my response…

Other than the initial inquiry, this has never been about letting Steve post again; I doubt that he even wants to post here.  My complaint is about his treatment on this board and the failure of admins to control attacks on him – and worse, to sometimes participate in those attacks.

Steve was first banned on the SDSU board.  When he was banned, it was a sufficiently controversial that they started what became an 8 page thread on the topic to justify the decision (https://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/9747/steve-aztec-longer-member-board).  It is clear that Steve had support in the community and there was some criticism for the Board Administrators for having failed to “expel the dozens of people who've been taunting him.”  (And take a look at the thread that I bumped; initially it was supporters happy about Steve getting a radio show.  Then the haters arrived.)

I can’t say if Steve took it too far in response, but I will say that he denies most of various accusations and adds important missing context to others.  But I wasn’t a party to any of the events and can’t say who is in the right and who is in the wrong.  And I have to admit that if half of what has been said about him is true, depending on context, I might well have banned him too.  Or more likely I might have banned those who were taunting him.  (Steve had lost a brother-in-law to suicide and there have been a number of memes of people blowing their brains out, as well as posts blaming Steve or his sister for the suicide – and admins apparently let it go.)

I am in no position to evaluate the truth or falsity of the laundry list of claims made on this board about how Steve responded to all this.  My complaint, however, is about his treatment on this board.  I may be wrong, but his banning on this board at least appears to have been less about what he did on this board and more a carryover from the SDSU banning.  The same taunting continued – more suicide memes – apparently ignored by the admins. Utenation supposedly posted the first and it is explained away because he didn’t know about the suicide.  But was the post taken down?  Was an apology issued?   Indeed, for years, admins on this board have allowed Steve to be vilified based on little more than anecdotal hearsay.  This is a privately owned board, but it is not a private board – anyone can join.  And more than that, It’s not an anonymous board; people know who Steve.  You have a duty to protect your posters from libelous statements and unproven allegations -- especially when, having been banned themselves, they have no ability to defend themselves.

Even Retrofade (who says he’s not a mod but can post to closed threads) put up a “blowing his brains out” meme several years ago.  He knew that Steve lost his brother-in-law to suicide, and he now says that “Steve is a mentally disturbed individual”, which is libelous by the way, but excuses his meme as nothing more than being in “poor taste”.  Apparently it is okay with the board's current admins to taunt a "mentally disturbed person" because the post has never been taken down.  The poster has never been admonished.  And there has been no apology, unless you consider "he deserved it" to be an apology.

In my view, you owe Steve an apology for the treatment that you have tolerated and, in some cases, engaged in.  A former Aztec board went out of business when sued (not by Steve).  It won’t be the last one.  You need to fix this.  You need to administer your board and prevent libelous and incendiary attacks -- hearsay-- on posters. 

On 6/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, LuDog70 said:

Nobody cares about MSM fake outrages. Especially when dupes recreate them here.  

Comrade LapDog, how ya' doing?  It must be nice to have another venue for your endless stream of "nobody cares" posts.

(Any time he can't defeat or obfuscate a point, he tries to minimize it by claiming that nobody cares". )

So if Trump was caught with a gun in his hand and Pence lying dead by his side, his response would be "nobody cares".  Followed, perhaps, by a reference to conspiracy theories about the body count of Killary Clinton and the Clinton crime family and "why isn't the J-6 Committee investigating that?"

____________________________________________...

After deleting some of my posts and closing the offending SteveAztec thread, a couple of elites have been able to open it long enough to respond to me anyway.  And since I can’t respond on a closed thread, here is my response…

Other than the initial inquiry, this has never been about letting Steve post again; I doubt that he even wants to post here.  My complaint is about his treatment on this board and the failure of admins to control attacks on him – and worse, to sometimes participate in those attacks.

Steve was first banned on the SDSU board.  When he was banned, it was a sufficiently controversial that they started what became an 8 page thread on the topic to justify the decision (https://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/9747/steve-aztec-longer-member-board).  It is clear that Steve had support in the community and there was some criticism for the Board Administrators for having failed to “expel the dozens of people who've been taunting him.”  (And take a look at the thread that I bumped; initially it was supporters happy about Steve getting a radio show.  Then the haters arrived.)

I can’t say if Steve took it too far in response, but I will say that he denies most of various accusations and adds important missing context to others.  But I wasn’t a party to any of the events and can’t say who is in the right and who is in the wrong.  And I have to admit that if half of what has been said about him is true, depending on context, I might well have banned him too.  Or more likely I might have banned those who were taunting him.  (Steve had lost a brother-in-law to suicide and there have been a number of memes of people blowing their brains out, as well as posts blaming Steve or his sister for the suicide – and admins apparently let it go.)

I am in no position to evaluate the truth or falsity of the laundry list of claims made on this board about how Steve responded to all this.  My complaint, however, is about his treatment on this board.  I may be wrong, but his banning on this board at least appears to have been less about what he did on this board and more a carryover from the SDSU banning.  The same taunting continued – more suicide memes – apparently ignored by the admins. Utenation supposedly posted the first and it is explained away because he didn’t know about the suicide.  But was the post taken down?  Was an apology issued?   Indeed, for years, admins on this board have allowed Steve to be vilified based on little more than anecdotal hearsay.  This is a privately owned board, but it is not a private board – anyone can join.  And more than that, It’s not an anonymous board; people know who Steve.  You have a duty to protect your posters from libelous statements and unproven allegations -- especially when, having been banned themselves, they have no ability to defend themselves.

Even Retrofade (who says he’s not a mod but can post to closed threads) put up a “blowing his brains out” meme several years ago.  He knew that Steve lost his brother-in-law to suicide, and he now says that “Steve is a mentally disturbed individual”, which is libelous by the way, but excuses his meme as nothing more than being in “poor taste”.  Apparently it is okay with the board's current admins to taunt a "mentally disturbed person" because the post has never been taken down.  The poster has never been admonished.  And there has been no apology, unless you consider "he deserved it" to be an apology.

In my view, you owe Steve an apology for the treatment that you have tolerated and, in some cases, engaged in.  A former Aztec board went out of business when sued (not by Steve).  It won’t be the last one.  You need to fix this.  You need to administer your board and prevent libelous and incendiary attacks -- hearsay-- on posters.