Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

CSU and their president have agreed to part ways.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:49 PM, Headbutt said:

Huh?  Can you do that in English?  I think you just said that the university has the right to deny an education based on rumor, and without cause.  Maybe they do.  Who knew?  If so, the maximum punishment a rapist is going to get is an invitation to leave town.  I'm thinking I'd like to have the real courts involved if it were my daughter.

I'd prefer to have somebody in jail than handing them a tidy civil rights case they can make bank on.

Yes 

On 6/10/2022 at 7:49 PM, Headbutt said:

Huh?  Can you do that in English?  I think you just said that the university has the right to deny an education based on rumor, and without cause.  Maybe they do.  Who knew?  If so, the maximum punishment a rapist is going to get is an invitation to leave town.  I'm thinking I'd like to have the real courts involved if it were my daughter.

I'd prefer to have somebody in jail than handing them a tidy civil rights case they can make bank on.

Yer an idiot.  "Open an investigation".

On 6/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes 

Yer an idiot.  "Open an investigation".

It's not an investigation when the Title IX committee does it.  It's an inquisition.  Leave it to law enforcement.  They have to follow rules.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, Headbutt said:

It's not an investigation when the Title IX committee does it.  It's an inquisition.  Leave it to law enforcement.  They have to follow rules.

Yeah it is, just with a different threshold, preponderance vs without shadow of a doubt.  Sad it has been needed.

And yeah, your "constitutional" shit means you have no idea about what the constitution does and does not protect.  Maybe spend more time on the OT section, learn something, it would do you good when you get in way over your head on this side.  

On 6/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah it is, just with a different threshold, preponderance vs without shadow of a doubt.  Sad it has been needed.

And yeah, your "constitutional" shit means you have no idea about what the constitution does and does not protect.  Maybe spend more time on the OT section, learn something, it would do you good when you get in way over your head on this side.  

"Reasonable doubt".  Nice try, but they mean two different things.

A.  I'm fine with my understanding of the constitution.

B.  I've been to the OT section.  It's rife with arrogant fools who haven't the brains to debate without reaching for stupid snippets of semi-facts to justify their emotions.  Very little in the way of actual critical thought over there.

We'll go your route.  To hell with due process.  Hang somebody.  At least folks will feel better.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:22 PM, Headbutt said:

"Reasonable doubt".  Nice try, but they mean two different things.

A.  I'm fine with my understanding of the constitution.

B.  I've been to the OT section.  It's rife with arrogant fools who haven't the brains to debate without reaching for stupid snippets of semi-facts to justify their emotions.  Very little in the way of actual critical thought over there.

We'll go your route.  To hell with due process.  Hang somebody.  At least folks will feel better.

A.  I am not fine with your understanding of the constitution given how sloppily you have applied/misapplied it to this thread, it's like you skipped 9th grade civics it in this thread.

B. Tells me a lot more about you. 

On 6/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A.  I am not fine with your understanding of the constitution given how sloppily you have applied/misapplied it to this thread, it's like you skipped 9th grade civics it in this thread.

B. Tells me a lot more about you. 

OK.  And you're opposed to due process.  I think we're clear.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:29 PM, Headbutt said:

OK

It seems your issue is that Title IX gives schools the ability to conduct private investigations where one punishment is not being allowed to continue education at that school.  It ignores why Title IX was deemed to have that necessary power, that only 6% of rapists will ever serve a single day in jail, and only 30%  of victims will ever come forward or cooperate with law enforcement for myriad reasons.

SDSU had a duty to open an investigation, they never did.  This lead to scared women around campus, which lead to the article.  SDSU abdicated their responsibility to allay these fears by not doing something, anything.  

Apologies for initially being a tad bit crass re initial reply to this topic.  Colorado State has tremendous academic cred.  Why Joyce got booted for a $1.5m buyout is most curious. 

Fort Collins is underwater.  Again. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 6/11/2022 at 6:37 PM, Coog kev said:

Apologies for initially being a tad bit crass re initial reply to this topic.  Colorado State has tremendous academic cred.  Why Joyce got booted for a $1.5m buyout is most curious. 

Not sure we're underwater.  It's not like we're dealing with the athletic budget here.  If she wasn't on board with the direction the university wanted to take (speculation based on some reports), then they probably saved a ton of cash by paying the $1.5 mil.  I've heard that more than a couple of deans were very unhappy with her lack of experience and lack of focus on research.  This was clearly a move to take a step forward from a non-productive situation.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:42 PM, Headbutt said:

Not sure we're underwater.  It's not like we're dealing with the athletic budget here.  If she wasn't on board with the direction the university wanted to take (speculation based on some reports), then they probably saved a ton of cash by paying the $1.5 mil.  I've heard that more than a couple of deans were very unhappy with her lack of experience and lack of focus on research.  This was clearly a move to take a step forward from a non-productive situation.

Could have been one of the best uses of $1.5 million ever spent if bringing in research dollars wasn't a big deal to her.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:38 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Well, just goes to show how much I know about Title IX. But it does need to be revised. 

Title IX does need some revision to match the times.  Overall though, I think it was good legislation.  There are certainly things that could be changed that would enhance the original intent of the legislation, as well as changes that could be made to reduce the level of hamstringing universities without undermining the mission of Title IX. 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, Coog kev said:

Horsetooth Res. had a breach? Also, I had no idea that happened before. 

kat.jpg

Does anyone know where the Nevada president is right this second? Do we know for a fact he's not in Colorado???