Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

CSU and their president have agreed to part ways.

Her last day is June 30th, which is fast.  She also reportedly got a $1.5 million buyout, so to me that says fired instead of voluntary retired.  Apparently, no one knows why.

Let the MWC Board unfounded speculation begin!!!

Extra points if involves an unspecified crime....

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 6/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, SDSUfan said:

Whatever the reason, I'm not disappointed in the decision.  I was not a fan of her priorities.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, SDSUfan said:

I'm guessing she was not likely to have been involved in the gang rape of a minor, so she has that going for her.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:29 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm guessing she was not likely to have been involved in the gang rape of a minor, so she has that going for her.

Well she's never denied it so......

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 6/9/2022 at 1:30 PM, SDSUfan said:

Well she's never denied it so......

It does not appear she has facilitated a culture of "win at all costs" even if it means not suspending your players who (likely) raped a girl and the entire campus knew.  Has that going for her as well.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:33 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It does not appear she has facilitated a culture of "win at all costs" even if it means not suspending your players who (likely) raped a girl and the entire campus knew.  Has that going for her as well.

Again, I've heard no denials so everything is on the table.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 6/9/2022 at 1:33 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

On the contrary.  Prior to coming to CSU she served on the NCAA infractions committee.  One of her first official acts was to completely shut down the entire football program during spring practice to have an outside law firm come in and review the culture.  This was based on a staffer stating that he could tell right off that Addazio was a racist.  The review found that the previous coach (Bobo) was guilty of some insensitive comments, and that was it.  She consistently seemed to be much more about the culture of the campus and the AD than the success of those entities.  I don't know what got her fired, but her boss and predecessor spent all of his time as president trying to further the academics and academic reputation of the university first.  Culture was a major cornerstone of his tenure, but it didn't come ahead of academics.

I wasnt a big Dr. McConnell fan during the COVID lockdowns. CSU policies were draconian at best and she became a slave to the Pandemic Response task force. Larimer County was allowing a small number of fans to attend high school games during the 2021 season and she never overruled the pandemic response team to allow even parents to attend CSU games.

That being said, she was getting much more  involved on the athletic side in the past year. I talked with her a bit during the Bigger Than Basketball event and also during a 5K run sponsored by Norvell’s wife on the day of the Spring football game. She was becoming an enthusiast.

I have zero insight into her leaving.

It came to light that she leased her Subaru and not out-right own it.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:48 PM, Headbutt said:

On the contrary.  Prior to coming to CSU she served on the NCAA infractions committee.  One of her first official acts was to completely shut down the entire football program during spring practice to have an outside law firm come in and review the culture.  This was based on a staffer stating that he could tell right off that Addazio was a racist.  The review found that the previous coach (Bobo) was guilty of some insensitive comments, and that was it.  She consistently seemed to be much more about the culture of the campus and the AD than the success of those entities.  I don't know what got her fired, but her boss and predecessor spent all of his time as president trying to further the academics and academic reputation of the university first.  Culture was a major cornerstone of his tenure, but it didn't come ahead of academics.

I have zero doubt that CSU will have an extensive group of qualified candidates to choose from.  Probably the best job in the conference.  

On 6/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I have zero doubt that CSU will have an extensive group of qualified candidates to choose from.  Probably the best job in the conference.  

I was just discussing this on the RAM board.  CSU, under Tony Frank, set some pretty lofty goals and those have not changed.  I suspect that all the candidates will be having to address their plan to achieve AAU status, and secondarily to that P5 membership while maintaining our perfect record of no major NCAA violations.  Those goals may seem a little over the top to some, but that's where the CSU brain trust wants to go and I applaud them for not being afraid to have that kind of ambition.  I'm pretty certain that Dr. McConnell shared that ambition, but today's turn of events makes me question if she was on the same page as far as the process to achieve those goals.

It's the real world.  This ain't working, let's move on.  It's not exactly an amazing PR move to let your university president go, but if that's what it takes to continue the process, it has to happen.  I didn't like her, but I do thank her for her efforts.  Especially, dealing with the pandemic (even though I disagreed with her approach to it).

On 6/9/2022 at 1:33 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You need to quit beating that old horse. If there was anything more to the incident, I'm certain SDPD would have acted. They basically investigated a hearsay complaint.

That's all this appears to be is hearsay. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 6/9/2022 at 6:40 PM, Spaztecs said:

You need to quit beating that old horse. If there was anything more to the incident, I'm certain SDPD would have acted. They basically investigated a hearsay complaint.

That's all this appears to be is hearsay. 

No.  Only 30 % of rape victims will cooperate with police, and of those that do, charges ever are brought in a fraction and convictions even less.

Your school is disgusting for refusing to open an investigation.  

On 6/9/2022 at 6:42 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No.  Only 30 % of rape victims will cooperate with police, and of those that do, charges ever are brought in a fraction and convictions even less.

Your school is disgusting for refusing to open an investigation.  

And how should they open that investigation?  The university has very little legal standing to investigate and prosecute a criminal case.  At best, they can remove someone from campus and if they fail to follow all the correct proceedings they are likely to create an avenue for the accused to avoid real criminal prosecution.  It's not a pretty situation, but the best a university can do is chase the Title IX aspects.  Not much of a punishment recourse there if dealing with a rape.  Besides, it allegedly happened off-campus, which really restricts the universities jurisdiction.  I hope justice is served, but it ain't likely to happen through university politics.  This one is best left to the police.