Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Gun Logic

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21. 

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry, USA. 

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement. 

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it. 

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle. 

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually. 

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D., and candidates running for office. 

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. Now tell me, how do you think that would end? 

On 6/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, soupslam1 said:

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. Now tell me, how do you think that would end? 

You will be gravely mistaken with this really dumb piece of logic.  Civil war morons are rarely due to 2A.  Then think about all the folks with guns, which are both sides of your pretty little party lines.  Half of the folks with guns have no heart to kill, 45% can barely even shoot their own weapons with eye and ear pro.  Now think if any jackass tries to stroll through town in a "civil war" manner against those who actually do, on either side.

Buckle up, buttercup.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, soupslam1 said:

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21. 

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement. 

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it. 

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually. 

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D., and candidates running for office. 

There are over 630,000 registered fully automatic machine guns that are legal in most states. When was the last time a legal one was used in a crime? It just doesn’t happen. Why? Because there’s a limited number of pre-1986 guns out there for sale with a lot of demand. Therefore, it will cost you $20,000 to $30,000 to buy one, and then a 9-12 month FBI investigation into the buyer. So they’re too expensive for most people and the screening process is great. This is an example of a program that works. 

kat.jpg

On 6/5/2022 at 10:42 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

You will be gravely mistaken with this really dumb piece of logic.  Civil war morons are rarely due to 2A.  Then think about all the folks with guns, which are both sides of your pretty little party lines.  Half of the folks with guns have no heart to kill, 45% can barely even shoot their own weapons with eye and ear pro.  Now think if any jackass tries to stroll through town in a "civil war" manner against those who actually do, on either side.

Buckle up, buttercup.

WTF? If there was a civil war, most of the people fighting on your side would be the street gangs, and they love pvssy drive-by’s because they don’t have the balls to square up and fight. There isn’t going to be a civil war, but if there was, the left would lose very badly and you know it.

kat.jpg

On 6/6/2022 at 12:39 AM, Nevada Convert said:

WTF? If there was a civil war, most of the people fighting on your side would be the street gangs, and they love pvssy drive-by’s because they don’t have the balls to square up and fight. There isn’t going to be a civil war, but if there was, the left would lose very badly and you know it.

Yeah those gangs are pussies, real men walk directly into the line of fire.. 

You’re a cat guy bro, not Republican Rambo. 

On 6/5/2022 at 11:56 PM, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah those gangs are pussies, real men walk directly into the line of fire.. 

You’re a cat guy bro, not Republican Rambo. 

😝😆🤣😂😂 Where did I say I was going to participate? I’d be trying to stop it.

No, instead of run away, they should stick around, take cover and get into a shootout and resolve it then and there. We’d have a lot fewer gang members if they weren’t such pussies. 

But having said that, WTF do you know about my marksmanship? I’ve been shooting guns since I was a little kid, with help at that age, of course. Being able to shoot doesn’t make you a Rambo where I come from, but we didn’t come from the same place.

kat.jpg

On 6/5/2022 at 11:39 PM, Nevada Convert said:

So you actually think most Americans are going to see people needlessly shooting Americans in their neighborhood and think to agree with either of them? 

There would not be a right vs left civil war.  There would be dumbasses vs the silent majority who let you dummies quibble with each other like babies on social media.  If you think they are falling in line by party line, Again, buckle up buttercup.  

all right soup. I'll bite on the facebook bit your uncle posted. 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:31 AM, soupslam1 said:

Sure. Or even better a phone lockout in a car. Or even better self driving cars. Sounds wonderful. 

Not sure how "surrounded by no gun control" is "gun control laws working" :) 

So... what about the first 200 years of this country? 

Isn't the entire point of "gun control" to simply have a slightly more circumspect group of legal gun owners?

Might wanna check on your JFK conspiracies :)

You know what planned parenthood receives funding for, right?

You want the state to have the power to have "vigorous background checks" to deny voters and political candidates? 

Furthermore, you think immigrants don't get "vigorous background checks"? Soup, if we had to have 1/10th the background check of immigrants, there would be maybe 2 gun owners on the board. 

Probably the side with industry. Exactly what happened last time, soup. Those soft city boys from the North will never beat our southern men who start hunting at 6!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:42 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Buckle up, buttercup.

Who are these people going to be shooting in the Second American Civil War? The police? The military?

Or is it assumed that the police and military will either join their side or stand idly by while the big tough guys with guns shoot their fellow Americans.

Buckle Up Indeed Battle LARPers! 

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

Is it that you are trolling?  

Is it that you are looking for honest debate?

Or is it that you don't feel mass killings in the US is a problem?

Your 8 sentences are all over place and focus on nothing so all I get out of it is that you are okay with it... I guess.

Me, I'm just a normal person who doesn't want to infringe on anyone's rights but I'd sure appreciate some measures to help stem the tide. 

As far as guns, I’ve come to grips with the fact that this is who we choose to be as a country.

We choose to have the right to own fire arms that can kill an enormous amount of people very quickly. In exchange for that right, we choose to sacrifice a certain number of elementary school kids (and a great many others) to that right each year. 

The same could be said for abortion and reproductive rights. 

On 6/6/2022 at 9:54 AM, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Who are these people going to be shooting in the Second American Civil War? The police? The military?

Or is it assumed that the police and military will either join their side or stand idly by while the big tough guys with guns shoot their fellow Americans.

Never fear, the Gravy SEALs led by Meal Team Six will lead the far right to a glorious victory in their desired second Civil War. 

On 6/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, Someone Else said:

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

Is it that you are trolling?  

Is it that you are looking for honest debate?

Or is it that you don't feel mass killings in the US is a problem?

Your 8 sentences are all over place and focus on nothing so all I get out of it is that you are okay with it... I guess.

Me, I'm just a normal person who doesn't want to infringe on anyone's rights but I'd sure appreciate some measures to help stem the tide. 

He's trolling. 

yes, we do need restrictions on voting, the same as how we need restrictions on when someone can buy an assault rifle.

because you can...  y'know...  vote 3 days after turning 18 and as a result of that vote 19 schoolchildren will be dead. 

On 6/6/2022 at 6:54 AM, THEUniversityofNevada said:

It will be a rude awakening for these folks who want a civil war.  They are expecting folks with the vagina hats, instead they are going to get the government.  And the vast majority of Americans are not going to side with anyone wanting it in the first place, gun owners and non-gun owners.  The hubris of the logic is astounding.  

On 6/6/2022 at 5:28 AM, happycamper said:

all right soup. I'll bite on the facebook bit your uncle posted. 

Sure. Or even better a phone lockout in a car. Or even better self driving cars. Sounds wonderful. 

Not sure how "surrounded by no gun control" is "gun control laws working" :) 

So... what about the first 200 years of this country? 

Isn't the entire point of "gun control" to simply have a slightly more circumspect group of legal gun owners?

Might wanna check on your JFK conspiracies :)

You know what planned parenthood receives funding for, right?

You want the state to have the power to have "vigorous background checks" to deny voters and political candidates? 

Furthermore, you think immigrants don't get "vigorous background checks"? Soup, if we had to have 1/10th the background check of immigrants, there would be maybe 2 gun owners on the board. 

Probably the side with industry. Exactly what happened last time, soup. Those soft city boys from the North will never beat our southern men who start hunting at 6!

To be fair, I think Soup is the Facebook uncle.