Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogday63

Allegations of rape and cover-up at SDSU

No charges filed in SDSU gang rape case, District Attorney’s Office says

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/story/2022-12-07/da-decision-regarding-charges-in-sdsu-rape-case

“Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction,” District Attorney Summer Stephan’s office said in a statement. “Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.”

On 12/7/2022 at 2:51 PM, namssa said:

No charges filed in SDSU gang rape case, District Attorney’s Office says

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/story/2022-12-07/da-decision-regarding-charges-in-sdsu-rape-case

“Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction,” District Attorney Summer Stephan’s office said in a statement. “Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.”

This is why we don't  do mob justice in this country.  @halfmanhalfbronco and @4UNLV already had these young men hanged from the neck.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Not unexpected. The video posted online with her in it was quite damning. From what I have heard, her statements than night regarding her desire to have sex were collaborated as well. She and her family will have some exposure to a civil suit though her attorney is going to go down hard as it is his tweets that got Arazia cut by the Bills.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:39 PM, SDSUfan said:

This is why we don't  do mob justice in this country.  @halfmanhalfbronco and @4UNLV already had these young men hanged from the neck.

While these gentlemen are innocent in the court of law, this doesn’t always mean they are innocent of the accusations. I don’t know enough to comment on this case, but rape is one of the harder crimes to get a case brought and ultimately and a conviction. 

We simply don’t know nor are likely to know exactly what transpired though the video is not a good look for the accuser. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 12/7/2022 at 4:56 PM, Aztec1984 said:

Not unexpected. The video posted online with her in it was quite damning. From what I have heard, her statements than night regarding her desire to have sex were collaborated as well. She and her family will have some exposure to a civil suit though her attorney is going to go down hard as it is his tweets that got Arazia cut by the Bills.

She still has a pending civil suit against the players. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 12/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, madmartigan said:

While these gentlemen are innocent in the court of law, this doesn’t always mean they are innocent of the accusations. I don’t know enough to comment on this case, but rape is one of the harder crimes to get a case brought and ultimately and a conviction. 

We simply don’t know nor are likely to know exactly what transpired though the video is not a good look for the accuser. 

They weren't found innocent. The DA and the police found no evidence compelling enough to even bring charges. Big difference. 

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 12/7/2022 at 5:24 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

She still has a pending civil suit against the players. 

Her ambulance chasing lawyer will be lucky to escape with his license. The countersuit will be far easier to win. 

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 12/7/2022 at 5:39 PM, SDSUfan said:

The vast majority of sexual assaults (something like 93%) do not end up in charges filed.  That does not mean they did not happen.  

On 12/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, SDSUfan said:

I'd have to go back in this thread, but pretty sure I said they should absolutely be investigated, and that the university had an obligation to their students to do so. And btw, just because they decided not to prosecute doesn't mean they didn't do it, just no way to prove it.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:38 PM, SDSUfan said:

They weren't found innocent. The DA and the police found no evidence compelling enough to even bring charges. Big difference. 

They cannot bring charges unless they are certain they can get a conviction. Big difference.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:48 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The vast majority of sexual assaults (something like 93%) do not end up in charges filed.  That does not mean they did not happen.  

On 12/7/2022 at 6:55 PM, 4UNLV said:

I'd have to go back in this thread, but pretty sure I said they should absolutely be investigated, and that the university had an obligation to their students to do so. And btw, just because they decided not to prosecute doesn't mean they didn't do it, just no way to prove it.

That's right. Unbelievably you actually have to have evidence as crime was committed before you prosecute.  Just because there's no proof that you two molest goats, doesn't mean you're not goat fuxckrs.

See how that works?

un phucking real.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 12/7/2022 at 6:55 PM, 4UNLV said:

You stick with that.

According to the release from the DA's office, sexual assault experts, including prosecutors and investigators, analyzed the evidence in the case, including over 35 taped witness interviews, the results of a Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) exam, DNA results and "forensic evidence from cell phones and video evidence of the incident itself."

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 12/7/2022 at 8:01 PM, SDSUfan said:

That's right. Unbelievably you actually have to have evidence as crime was committed before you prosecute.  Just because there's no proof that you two molest goats, doesn't mean you're not goat fuxckrs.

See how that works?

un phucking real.

Let's see what happens in civil court.

It is an absolute fact that the vast overwhelming majority of reported sexual assaults do not have chargers brought.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:02 PM, SDSUfan said:

You stick with that.

According to the release from the DA's office, sexual assault experts, including prosecutors and investigators, analyzed the evidence in the case, including over 35 taped witness interviews, the results of a Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) exam, DNA results and "forensic evidence from cell phones and video evidence of the incident itself."

You missed the entire point. I was pissed initially that there had been very little done on the investigation, and that SDSU just sat back and continued their season. Seemed like they only reacted when they were forced by the outcry. If an investigation has now been completed, so be it. THAT's how it's supposed to work.

On 12/7/2022 at 8:26 PM, 4UNLV said:

You missed the entire point. I was pissed initially that there had been very little done on the investigation, and that SDSU just sat back and continued their season. Seemed like they only reacted when they were forced by the outcry. If an investigation has now been completed, so be it. THAT's how it's supposed to work.

Good Lord, your ignorance makes you all kinds of judgy.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, SDSUfan said:

Exactly.  No one is ever found innocent in court.  The very basis of our law is that everyone is presumed to be innocent until proven otherwise.  No one should ever have to prove their innocence, the accuser has to prove guilt.  That's what separates us from Venezuela and China.