Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogday63

Allegations of rape and cover-up at SDSU

On 8/2/2022 at 4:35 PM, USU78 said:

The day is just about to be saved!

I love the Keystone Cops, but comparing them to SDSU in this case is disingenuous.

I would laugh with you if you were referencing their CCG performance.

The University had its' hands tied by the SDPD and by the fact the incident occurred off campus.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/2/2022 at 5:16 PM, Spaztecs said:

I love the Keystone Cops, but comparing them to SDSU in this case is disingenuous.

I would laugh with you if you were referencing their CCG performance.

The University had its' hands tied by the SDPD and by the fact the incident occurred off campus.

I can't imagine the campus cops are any more or less incompetent (because of political pressures) at any American campus ... Pwovo, of course, excepted. Not knocking your school at all.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 8/2/2022 at 5:10 PM, USU78 said:

I can't imagine the campus cops are any more or less incompetent (because of political pressures) at any American campus ... Pwovo, of course, excepted. Not knocking your school at all.

I didn't think you were. And consider this.

I've long thought about great cop jobs and it seems to me that at least when you're young and virile, you can't beat being a university cop. Think about it. No gang bangers to have to deal with. No or at least nearly no homeless people with all their filth to have to arrest and then wonder what kinds of germs they've exposed you to. Etc. And the other side of the coin is you get to patrol around campus and ogle scantily clad young women. Maybe also get the phone number of a few who for some reason think men in uniform are hot. (Never could understand that one but then I've never been a college age girl.)

On 8/2/2022 at 8:26 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I've long thought about great cop jobs and it seems to me that at least when you're young and virile, you can't beat being a university cop. Think about it. No gang bangers to have to deal with. No or at least nearly no homeless people with all their filth to have to arrest and then wonder what kinds of germs they've exposed you to. Etc. And the other side of the coin is you get to patrol around campus and ogle scantily clad young women. Maybe also get the phone number of a few who for some reason think men in uniform are hot. (Never could understand that one but then I've never been a college age girl.)

Having lived in Frat Row for a year, there were certainly gang bangers around.  And the scantily clad chicks were drunk, disorderly, and more of a pain in the ass to deal with than the guys.  I would have hated to have to deal with a weekend policing a bunch of drunk youngins.  Hell, I hated doing it just corralling friends and making sure the ladies got back home safely from partying at our house.  :D

On 8/2/2022 at 5:10 PM, USU78 said:

There really isn’t any political pressure in this case. There really isn’t a constituency out there in the wider community wanting to go easy on these guys, or cover anything up, because they’re SDSU athletes. That’s not the way it works here. I would bet that at least 95% of the people in the county couldn’t tell you Matt Araiza is. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 8/3/2022 at 4:33 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

There really isn’t any political pressure in this case. There really isn’t a constituency out there in the wider community wanting to go easy on these guys, or cover anything up, because they’re SDSU athletes. That’s not the way it works here. I would bet that at least 95% of the people in the county couldn’t tell you Matt Araiza is. 

Araiza is a deep pocket (soon to be). That's why Phineas T Schuyster brought him up.

Evidence matters, even in civil courts.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Wonderful university.  Wonderful sports culture. Wonderful “game”.  Wonderful people in the “game”.

The reports to campus officials late last year revealed disturbing allegations about players from San Diego State University’s winning football team.

Claims were rapidly spreading among the school’s athletes that five players had raped an unconscious girl and left her bloodied and bruised at a house party off campus.

We’re they able to stream the rape on Facebook like the “gangbang” minnesota gopher football team?  

The student athletes said they were “Running the white bitches” in minneapolis. What’s the deal with the student athletes at sdsu?  Is their game up to the gangbang gopher offering?

at the very least the athletes and coaches at these schools should have to register as sex offenders before traveling simply as a cultural curtesy to their opponents and the cities they visit. 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, namssa said:

titleix.sdsu.edu/university-statements

SDSU created a public website providing information about the off-campus incident and the actions the university continues to take.

Based on the below bullet points either SDPD will not be charging anyone with a crime or it should be happening soon. Its been almost 2 weeks since they "allowed" the school to start their own investigation. 

image.png.6011879ba527c336499fd4d3b66ea524.png

On 8/4/2022 at 8:24 AM, AztecSU said:

Based on the below bullet points either SDPD will not be charging anyone with a crime or it should be happening soon. Its been almost 2 weeks since they "allowed" the school to start their own investigation. 

image.png.6011879ba527c336499fd4d3b66ea524.png

Hmm?  So SDPD held up the investigation that long, and has essentially made SDSU eat a shit sandwich for nothing?  Geezus H...

On 6/5/2022 at 2:23 PM, Spaztecs said:

The University has to walk a fine line on the rights of the accused.  Due process, etc.

Yes, suspension from the FB team seems appropriate while the investigatyion is going on. But, what if the players are truly innoccent ?

The University then is liable to lawsuits from the innocent denying them their right to play ball.

And what of the rights of the victim ? Or other women on campus ?

It's a pandoras box. And there is no right or correct solution.

Lol. Where is this "right to play ball"?

On 8/4/2022 at 12:45 PM, Brew_Poke said:

you have the right to remain silent. anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of labor. you have the right to play ball. if you cannot afford a ball, one will be appointed to you. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:26 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Jesus Christ. You literally just typed that for all to read.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:45 AM, Brew_Poke said:

Where is the Schools right to deny that if the SA has followed the rules ?

Innocent until proven guilty and all that noise 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/story/2022-08-04/police-investigation-sdsu-rape

The District Attorney’s Office will review the case and determine if there is enough evidence to file criminal charges

.........................................................................................

The department submitted its findings of the roughly nine-month investigation to the District Attorney’s Office, which will determine if there is enough evidence to file criminal charges. There is no timeframe for the review and decision, an office spokesperson said Thursday.

.........................................................

Police officials said that since the alleged sexual assault was reported, the department has made the investigation a priority.

More than 20 investigative personnel worked on the case, resulting in nearly 200 hours of overtime, said police spokesperson Lt. Adam Sharki. Detectives obtained and executed 10 search warrants, interviewed multiple witnesses, examined physical evidence, and reviewed more than three terabytes of digital evidence, he added.

No further information about the evidence or suspects was released, and no one has been arrested.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 8/4/2022 at 12:21 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Jefferson made that very clear in the sub text.  Federalist 5318008 (that spells boobies on a calculator) I believe spells it out.  

I was somewhere in HS when calculators first started showing up, and I remember my teenage joy at discovering that little jewel! 😂

On 8/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, SDSUfan said:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/story/2022-08-04/police-investigation-sdsu-rape

The District Attorney’s Office will review the case and determine if there is enough evidence to file criminal charges

.........................................................................................

The department submitted its findings of the roughly nine-month investigation to the District Attorney’s Office, which will determine if there is enough evidence to file criminal charges. There is no timeframe for the review and decision, an office spokesperson said Thursday.

.........................................................

Police officials said that since the alleged sexual assault was reported, the department has made the investigation a priority.

More than 20 investigative personnel worked on the case, resulting in nearly 200 hours of overtime, said police spokesperson Lt. Adam Sharki. Detectives obtained and executed 10 search warrants, interviewed multiple witnesses, examined physical evidence, and reviewed more than three terabytes of digital evidence, he added.

No further information about the evidence or suspects was released, and no one has been arrested.

If these 5 players in fact raped this girl, I really hope there is evidence to put them away. Last thing we want is a victim not receiving justice and 5 rapists freed.

On 6/3/2022 at 12:04 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

"Kangeroo courts" created by the Dept of Education during the Obama administration no longer exist: https://www.brookings.edu/research/analyzing-the-department-of-educations-final-title-ix-rules-on-sexual-misconduct/ (start reading at the 10 paragraph)

(The rules creating them were so patently violative of basis due process that it's shocking Catherine Lhamon who wrote them actually has the temerity to call herself a lawyer.)

Good to hear that they were horror trials back then.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche