Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogday63

Allegations of rape and cover-up at SDSU

On 7/29/2022 at 10:05 PM, Someone Else said:

You are usually very thorough in doing your research. Did you read the statement from SDSU and still feel they didn't follow proper protocols?  If so, that's fine.  What I read seems to indicate their hands were tied because they had no victim or any witnesses. I'm not a title IX person or an attorney though.

Absolute I feel that way.  They had a moral if not legal obligation to alert the SDSU community that there has been an report filed of an alleged sexual assault with the SDSU police involving 5 students.  At the minimum.  Delaying an internal investigation is fine.  At some point SDSU should have opened up their own.  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:09 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Absolute I feel that way.  They had a moral if not legal obligation to alert the SDSU community that there has been an report filed of an alleged sexual assault with the SDSU police involving 5 students.  At the minimum.  Delaying an internal investigation is fine.  At some point SDSU should have opened up their own.  

I will expand on this.  If another woman was sexually assaulted by these or other men at a student party off campus, who would otherwise not have gone if she knew about these allegations, SDSU would be complicit, if not legally at least morally. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Understood.  I guess I am not on the same page because they had no victim or witnesses they just had 3rd party claims,,, but that's simply an opinion.

I am certainly with you that anyone who participated in this tragedy should have charges brought against them.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:14 PM, Someone Else said:

Understood.  I guess I am not on the same page because they had no victim or witnesses they just had 3rd party claims,,, but that's simply an opinion.

I am certainly with you that anyone who participated in this tragedy should have charges brought against them.

No.  That was the spin.   They were made aware the next night by the victims father and the police that a report was filed, and tests and a rape kit administered

The teen’s father also reported the assault to San Diego State University Police on October 19, speaking face to face to a lieutenant as the officer took written notes, and he gave the lieutenant his daughter’s name, the father told CBS 8.

That night, the University Police Department (UPD) lieutenant phoned the father back and told him SDPD was handling the investigation.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:09 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, they had a moral and legal obligation, to all parties.  All parties.

At some point, SDSU should have opened up their own??  Absolutely right.  What is that point?  Back when it was rumors and nobody would stand up and substantiate anything?  Or maybe now when a victim has finally stepped up and produced actual cause for an investigation?  I'm thinking they did the right thing by waiting.  The entire case against the accused would have been tossed out if brought with hearsay evidence a while back.  Now it has some weight.  It's a heinous thing that is being charged.  Can you imagine what a miscarriage of justice it would've been if they'd have done it your way and destroyed the case due to emotion.  Now it looks like a conviction(s) is possible.

No.  That was the spin.   They were made aware the next night by the victims father and the police that a report was filed, and tests and a rape kit administered

The teen’s father also reported the assault to San Diego State University Police on October 19, speaking face to face to a lieutenant as the officer took written notes, and he gave the lieutenant his daughter’s name, the father told CBS 8.

That night, the University Police Department (UPD) lieutenant phoned the father back and told him SDPD was handling the investigation.

I'm talking about SDSU's title IX department.  Not the SDPD.  The Title IX office had no witness or victim report anything to them.  

Truthfully I only wanted to know if you had read that link I provided. 

I don't know enough about this case, criminal investigations, or Title IX investigations to argue one way or the other on it.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:19 PM, Headbutt said:

Yes, they had a moral and legal obligation, to all parties.  All parties.

At some point, SDSU should have opened up their own??  Absolutely right.  What is that point?  Back when it was rumors and nobody would stand up and substantiate anything?  Or maybe now when a victim has finally stepped up and produced actual cause for an investigation?  I'm thinking they did the right thing by waiting.  The entire case against the accused would have been tossed out if brought with hearsay evidence a while back.  Now it has some weight.  It's a heinous thing that is being charged.  Can you imagine what a miscarriage of justice it would've been if they'd have done it your way and destroyed the case due to emotion.  Now it looks like a conviction(s) is possible.

They knew that rape tests had been administered and a police report filed.  That is not exactly just rumors.  Alerting the campus would have in no way brought about a miscarriage of justice.  It could have brought awareness and prevented a potential second victim.   I would say after a month or two have gone, you open your own internal investigation so as to protect your students and faculty from potentially dangerous individuals. 

The alleged victim, according to the lawyer, is being left in the dark by the police, so if they are not on the ball with keeping the school updated, the school needed to do something. 

On 7/29/2022 at 10:24 PM, Someone Else said:

I'm talking about SDSU's title IX department.  Not the SDPD.  The Title IX office had no witness or victim report anything to them.  

Truthfully I only wanted to know if you had read that link I provided. 

I don't know enough about this case, criminal investigations, or Title IX investigations to argue one way or the other on it.

The school had more than just rumor and innuendo and  third party reports.  They had information directly from the SDPD and the alleged victims father.  

The school had more than just rumor and innuendo and  third party reports.  They had information directly from the SDPD and the alleged victims father.  

If you say so.  I am unaware of what SDSU did or didn't know.   I don't know enough of the facts to debate the issue.  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:25 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They knew that rape tests had been administered and a police report filed.  That is not exactly just rumors.  Alerting the campus would have in no way brought about a miscarriage of justice.  It could have brought awareness and prevented a potential second victim.   I would say after a month or two have gone, you open your own internal investigation so as to protect your students and faculty from potentially dangerous individuals. 

The alleged victim, according to the lawyer, is being left in the dark by the police, so if they are not on the ball with keeping the school updated, the school needed to do something. 

Rape tests had been administered and a police report filed?  Seriously, this is how you understand the justice system to work?

If I took a CDL test, would that make me a truck driver?  No discussion whether I passed it or not.

You don't seem to have much respect for the legal system or due process.  If this happened, and it appears that it did, I am 100% on board with being part of the solution, if you know what I mean.  However, the accused is deserving of every right that you demand that they are denied.  That's not justice, that's lynching.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:33 PM, Someone Else said:

If you say so.  I am unaware of what SDSU did or didn't know.   I don't know enough of the facts to debate the issue.  

Read  the link I posted.  It is not a "if I say so" thing.  It is the facts.  SDSU confirmed it in their statement yesterday as well.  

"

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/teen-accusing-san-diego-state-football-players-of-rape-speaks/509-02de68ba-2cf8-43d5-b41e-dae06a48be2f

On 7/29/2022 at 10:26 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, they didn't.  They had allegations.

They probably should have shot somebody immediately so that everyone could feel better.  Deal with the facts later.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:33 PM, Headbutt said:

Rape tests had been administered and a police report filed?  Seriously, this is how you understand the justice system to work?

If I took a CDL test, would that make me a truck driver?  No discussion whether I passed it or not.

You don't seem to have much respect for the legal system or due process.  If this happened, and it appears that it did, I am 100% on board with being part of the solution, if you know what I mean.  However, the accused is deserving of every right that you demand that they are denied.  That's not justice, that's lynching.

You don't seem to understand title IX or why it has the protections it does.  It is NOT the legal/justice system.  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:35 PM, Headbutt said:

No, they didn't.  They had allegations.

They probably should have shot somebody immediately so that everyone could feel better.  Deal with the facts later.

They absolutely did have information from the SDPD that a criminal report had been filed and an investigation opened.  That is not rumor, that is not innuendo, that is a fact.  Yes it is an ALLEGATION.  Do you even know what title IX is?  Alerting the  community in no way is not respecting the rights of the accused.  Even expelling them is not, not respecting their rights.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:02 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

First it was doubt this woman actually exists, then it was even if she did, blame the victim, now this with you.  As far as evidence of a crime, according to the attorney multiple men admitted on the phone that they at the minimum had sex with.  She was a minor.  That is a crime.  Now if you believe the anonymous witness who said she was bloody and bruised, and if you believe she was in and out of consciousness, well that sure does not sound consensual to me.  In a title IV investigation that would be way more than enough to remove the players from campus.  

Goodness. 

I've tried to be polite in this conversation but no more. You are a moronic fascist dickhead.

Follow me on this you dumb son of a bitch

The police have investigated for nine months. They have taken DNA.  the ALLEGED victim was thoroughly examined. They have 2 terabytes ( that means a shit ton, for the retarded among us)  of data, interviews, evidence, etc. To date, no charges have been filed.

So unless and until charges are filed and until there is a trial and these young men are found guilty by a jury of their peers,  THEY ARE INNOCENT!

Do you not understand this very basic, easily understood foundational principle underlying the American judicial system.. you IGNORANT shit for brains asshat?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/29/2022 at 10:43 PM, SDSUfan said:

I've tried to be polite in this conversation but no more. You are a moronic fascist dickhead.

The police have investigated for nine months. They have taken DNA.  the ALLEGED victim was thoroughly examined. They have 2 terabytes ( that means a shit ton, for the retarded among us)  of data, interviews, evidence, etc. To date, no charges have been filed.

So unless and until charges are filed and until there is a trial and these young men are found guilty by a jury of their peers,  THEY ARE INNOCENT!

Do you not understand this very basic, easily understood foundational principle underlying the American judicial system.. you IGNORANT shit for brains asshat?

That is NOT how Title IX works.  I have never declared their guilt.  

Stick to victim blaming.  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:43 PM, SDSUfan said:

Also, if they have recorded calls where the men admitting to having sex with her, as the article says per the attorney.  THAT IS A CRIME.

Do you understand how long rape investigations can take? 

On 7/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Also, if they have recorded calls where the men admitting to having sex with her, as the article says per the attorney.  THAT IS A CRIME.

Do you understand how long rape investigations can take? 

You are really just too goddamn stupid to converse with.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Read  the link I posted.  It is not a "if I say so" thing.  It is the facts.  SDSU confirmed it in their statement yesterday as well.  

"

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/teen-accusing-san-diego-state-football-players-of-rape-speaks/509-02de68ba-2cf8-43d5-b41e-dae06a48be2f

I just said " I don't know enough of the facts to debate the issue.  

I just read the cbs article which says what you said.   

I still don't know all the facts and will not express an opinion other than anyone who participated in this terrible act should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. 

On 7/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, SDSUfan said:

You are really just too goddamn stupid to converse with.

Says the guy who was victim blaming a few pages back 

"Don't get shit-faced drunk and pass out at a strangers house filled with strangers. "