Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogday63

Allegations of rape and cover-up at SDSU

On 6/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, Coog kev said:

I read about this when it unfolded.  I was not going to say boo about it.  I dig San Diego State much.  Nonetheless, I remain disappointed re negative culture.  Undisciplined behavior.  This is hard to 'look away' re the allegations.  It is.

I don't think it's possible to win consistently at the FBS level with a roster full of choir boys.

Rocky Long was really good about drawing a line but so was Chuck Long and his winning percentage was .250. Al Lugenbill had a number of surly characters, Ted Tollner less but he still had some.

It's more possible to win without lowlifes in basketball because of the smaller rosters but even though Steve Fisher had to concern himself with the NCAA looking over his shoulder because of the Michigan stuff, Fish had a few baddies he was compelled to suspend and probably a couple he kicked out.

You haven't said otherwise but there can be no doubt your school has had some as well.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

I don't think it's possible to win consistently at the FBS level with a roster full of choir boys.

Perhaps not choir boys, but it's definitely possible to win with kids who either have solid ethics and/or are held to high standards by their coaches. 

Otherwise, while I wish SDSU would have launched an independent investigation, I also understand why they have not. There's a gray area here, and whether or not there was any unethical intent on the administration's part will be revealed in good time. My guess is that there wasn't based only on what I've seen from following the program over the last few years. 

On 6/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The woman should have opened an investigation long ago and alerted the community.  Period.  End of story.  She +++++ed up.

The only reason the story broke is because women on campus were terrified and could get NO information from the school

That she is in damage control now only reinforces they +++++ed up.  

Really?? The only reason it broke is because women are terrified?  Yet, no one with actual knowledge will go to the police?!?  What if one of the anonymous women reporting the hearsay is a spurned lover of one of the players and is seeking revenge?  As there are no facts witnesses in this case, that’s as plausible as another

Like everything on social media this thing is probably getting blown all out of proportion. Nobody here knows a damn thing but now we have terrified women on campus. In another few pages who knows? Police and SDSU has had this case for months now without any action. Combine all of the woke social trigger points of California, University, social justice, woman, large nasty football players and nobody is willing to make a decision because of what MAY happen in the future. MeToo has taken so many hits from false allegations that everyone is paralyzed. Combine that with potential lawsuits from false allegations and cases like this are like touching the south end of a north bound skunk.

It all depends on your point of view.

Naked Gun Panic GIF

On 6/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, quickdraw said:

Like everything on social media this thing is probably getting blown all out of proportion. Nobody here knows a damn thing but now we have terrified women on campus.

Yeah. This one has graduated but it's certain she will never set foot on campus again.

https://www.maxim.com/news/sexiest-woman-alive-paige-spiranac-is-maxims-2022-hot-100-cover-star/

So it might be worth pointing out that while Matt Araiza isn't mentioned specifically in this LA Times article, the lawyer who *is* mentioned as preparing a lawsuit is calling him out specifically on social media.

On 7/29/2022 at 7:26 PM, Westish said:

So it might be worth pointing out that while Matt Araiza isn't mentioned specifically in this LA Times article, the lawyer who *is* mentioned as preparing a lawsuit is calling him out specifically on social media.

***Sends to all P12 Presidents and AD’s***

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

WAIT WAIT WAIT.  SDSU fans assured me there probably was no victim and most likely this never happened.  Just blown out of proportion.  Evil media and all.  

Another example where women who are victimized can take a long time to come forward if they ever do, which is why SDSU had a moral duty that they failed.

So, the lawyer is preparing a lawsuit and is going to go public with the alleged perpetrators names (already called out Araiza). It's going to be real bad for SDSU if there's anyone that's still on the team and has been allowed to continue participating in team activities since the incident was first reported.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:45 PM, idkk said:

So, the lawyer is preparing a lawsuit and is going to go public with the alleged perpetrators names (already called out Araiza). It's going to be real bad for SDSU if there's anyone that's still on the team.  

“It's a lawsuit for sexual battery for causing damages to this young woman from sexual battery. It will be against the five men that who committed the sexual batteries. It will be against anybody else who was there that knew about it and should have protected my client,” Gilleon said. “Potentially, there would be liability against the school for failing to follow through with known risks to other people.”

On 7/29/2022 at 8:36 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT.  SDSU fans assured me there probably was no victim and most likely this never happened.  Just blown out of proportion.  Evil media and all.  

Another example where women who are victimized can take a long time to come forward if they ever do, which is why SDSU had a moral duty that they failed.

Evidence?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/29/2022 at 8:45 PM, idkk said:

So, the lawyer is preparing a lawsuit and is going to go public with the alleged perpetrators names (already called out Araiza). It's going to be real bad for SDSU if there's anyone that's still on the team and has been allowed to continue participating in team activities since the incident was first reported.

Evidence?

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, SDSUfan said:

Evidence?

Evidence of what?  SDSU's failure to eventually open up their own investigation and alert the community that there were multiple alleged rapists on campus?  That's pretty clear.

Stick to your victim blaming.  

On 7/29/2022 at 7:26 PM, Westish said:

Color me shocked that its a kid with a NFL contract being accused.

Not charged.

Accused .

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/29/2022 at 8:57 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Evidence of what?  SDSU's failure to eventually open up their own investigation and alert the community that there were multiple alleged rapists on campus?  That's pretty clear.

Evidence of an actual crime,

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/29/2022 at 9:59 PM, SDSUfan said:

Evidence of an actual crime,

First it was doubt this woman actually exists, then it was even if she did, blame the victim, now this with you.  As far as evidence of a crime, according to the attorney multiple men admitted on the phone that they at the minimum had sex with.  She was a minor.  That is a crime.  Now if you believe the anonymous witness who said she was bloody and bruised, and if you believe she was in and out of consciousness, well that sure does not sound consensual to me.  In a title IV investigation that would be way more than enough to remove the players from campus.  

Goodness. 

On 7/29/2022 at 9:36 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, that was never said.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Stick to your victim blaming.  

You are usually very thorough in doing your research. Did you read the statement from SDSU and still feel they didn't follow proper protocols?  If so, that's fine.  What I read seems to indicate their hands were tied because they had no victim or any witnesses. I'm not a title IX person or an attorney though.