Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

EV price wars are coming

On 6/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, Nevada Convert said:

That’s a sweet looking car. Many of the expensive cars I’d love to have might as well be the “Mission Impossible” production version because I’ll never be able to afford them. But I’m hoping to get a 2009 red Ferrari F430 in the next year. 

Ya, definitely fun to dream though. The 430 is super nice! I actually was looking closely at a Modena 360 when I decided on the 911. I could afford the car, but unfortunately, wouldn't be able to afford the maintenance. Ferraris are rediculously expensive to maintain.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:42 PM, happycamper said:

What? They said millennials had trouble affording homes.  Who said millenials don't want homes?

https://www.marketwatch.com/picks/many-affluent-millennials-are-now-lifestyle-renting-instead-of-buying-homes-its-the-best-option-for-now-some-say-but-is-it-really-01639663210

There are loads of similar articles and polls. But things have changed with the FOMO real estate market and now millenials are the largest demographic. But you're right, now the average millenials are priced out. There's hope though, millenials are expected to inherit 68 trillion by 2030 from their Boomer parents.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, Billings said:

nah.  Most won't own a car.   They will be in a car club with an app.  Just a click and a driverless car shows up and gets you where you want to go.  Then the car waits for the next call.  It will be cheaper than owning a car

Heck, I'm waiting for that. My 83 yo mother drives faster than me and I really don't want her on the road.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:56 AM, NMpackalum said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/picks/many-affluent-millennials-are-now-lifestyle-renting-instead-of-buying-homes-its-the-best-option-for-now-some-say-but-is-it-really-01639663210

There are loads of similar articles and polls. But things have changed with the FOMO real estate market and now millenials are the largest demographic. But you're right, now the average millenials are priced out. There's hope though, millenials are expected to inherit 68 trillion by 2030 from their Boomer parents.

I mean... the title says "best option for now". It's the "best option for now" because in hot markets, millennials cannot save up a down payment faster than the increase in home values. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:03 AM, happycamper said:

I mean... the title says "best option for now". It's the "best option for now" because in hot markets, millennials cannot save up a down payment faster than the increase in home values. 

I'm not sure what the argument is other than for the sake of arguing. What major markets haven't been hot. For whatever reasons they weren't buying, whether fear of excessive debt or lifestyle choices, "experts" said they were a generation of renters.  And they were wrong. My point was that eventually the millenials will eventually have the wealth to spend money in many ways including fancy cars.

On 6/6/2022 at 12:37 PM, NMpackalum said:

I'm not sure what the argument is other than for the sake of arguing. What major markets haven't been hot. For whatever reasons they weren't buying, whether fear of excessive debt or lifestyle choices, "experts" said they were a generation of renters.  And they were wrong. My point was that eventually the millenials will eventually have the wealth to spend money in many ways including fancy cars.

I mean... you made a claim that millennials chose not to buy houses instead of, you know, had to build wealth and income. That isn't "arguing to argue", that's pointing out that you made a weird unsupported argument

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:57 AM, happycamper said:

I mean... you made a claim that millennials chose not to buy houses instead of, you know, had to build wealth and income. That isn't "arguing to argue", that's pointing out that you made a weird unsupported argument

So the fact that Millenials choose not to purchase houses for whatever reason including lack of wealth and income isn't supported? Then isn't it the same thing when you say they don't buy because they can't afford it? I'm not sure what's weird about statistics showing that fewer millenials are home owners or aspire to be when compared to other generations at the same age. And now they polling shows they want to be home owners.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:27 PM, NMpackalum said:

So the fact that Millenials choose not to purchase houses for whatever reason including lack of wealth and income isn't supported? Then isn't it the same thing when you say they don't buy because they can't afford it? I'm not sure what's weird about statistics showing that fewer millenials are home owners or aspire to be when compared to other generations at the same age. And now they polling shows they want to be home owners.

What do you think "choose" means? Lol am I "choosing" to not own a polynesian island?