Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Roddy rumor

On 6/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, NewGuy12 said:

do you think you guys will be in the tournament next season?

Without Donovan Williams, I see 17-20 wins.  It depends on the non-conference schedule, which looks like it will be atrocious.

On 6/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, NewGuy12 said:

do you think you guys will be in the tournament next season?

You're the new guy so you probably don't know that UNLV once one a national championship.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 6/1/2022 at 3:44 PM, roughrider said:

That's the spirit!

The only teams I thought were clear-cut better than the patchwork UNLV team put together in 1/2 a recruiting cycle by a 1st Year head coach was SDSU/BSU. MWC was criminally overrated last year and for UNLV to be as competitive as they were with the team they had was a big factor why I successfuly predicted the MWC would flop big-time in the NCAA Tournament. UNLV is upgrading in every position other than the loss of BHam but it will be nice to have a more balanced offense where a win isn't dependent on Ham dropping 30+ 

SDSU wins the league, BSU/CSU take a small step-back. UNLV probably battles Wyo for the #2 spot. Heavily depends on UNLV getting Donovan Williams back and possibly getting Mouhamad Gueye in the transfer portal. UNLV will be the biggest team in the league with the athleticism to match SDSU. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 6/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, Rebels18 said:

The only teams I thought were clear-cut better than the patchwork UNLV team put together in 1/2 a recruiting cycle by a 1st Year head coach was SDSU/BSU. MWC was criminally overrated last year and for UNLV to be as competitive as they were with the team they had was a big factor why I successfuly predicted the MWC would flop big-time in the NCAA Tournament. UNLV is upgrading in every position other than the loss of BHam but it will be nice to have a more balanced offense where a win isn't dependent on Ham dropping 30+ 

SDSU wins the league, BSU/CSU take a small step-back. UNLV probably battles Wyo for the #2 spot. Heavily depends on UNLV getting Donovan Williams back and possibly getting Mouhamad Gueye in the transfer portal. UNLV will be the biggest team in the league with the athleticism to match SDSU. 

Mouhamed Gueye just “pulled out” of the draft.

Hate to see it from a league perspective as we need every team to be as good as they can be. I hope he sticks in the league.  I thought he got a bad rap in the MWC as a bully and jerk. Teams did everything they could to stop him, he just fought fire with fire, and was bigger and tougher than everyone else and used his size to advantage. 

On 6/1/2022 at 4:08 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

Will UNLV have the firepower to get to 40 this year?

If UNLV only puts up 40, It's gonna be real awkward when CSU only scores 22 against UNLV to maintain the average score differential from last season. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 6/1/2022 at 5:48 PM, soupslam1 said:

Hate to see it from a league perspective as we need every team to be as good as they can be. I hope he sticks in the league.  I thought he got a bad rap in the MWC as a bully and jerk. Teams did everything they could to stop him, he just fought fire with fire, and was bigger and tougher than everyone else and used his size to advantage. 

I never saw the bully/jerk part. I saw a lot of physicality being used to try and control him and get him into foul trouble. It resulted in some rough play, but nothing like that Lofton punk. 

I’m not worried about him sticking in the league. He’ll be fine, and if not….who doesn’t need a Tight End?  

On 6/1/2022 at 5:48 PM, Rebels18 said:

If UNLV only puts up 40, It's gonna be real awkward when CSU only scores 22 against UNLV to maintain the average score differential from last season. 

Smack talk is unbecoming for a fan from a team that lost to both Air Force and New Mexico last season and failed to qualify for post-season play.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:48 PM, soupslam1 said:

Only some fans of inferior programs thought of him as a bully or a jerk. I think its safe to say he had the respect of the fans of the top programs.  There aren’t too many players that would stay an hour after a game to make sure that kids got autographs and pictures like David did regularly.