Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

Game of Thrones -Prequel

I’ve read the short stories. This might be awful. But if the money is put to good use it’ll be exactly as good as the best GOT battle scenes. There will be a lot of them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:12 PM, ClevelandBrown said:

I'm still pissed about GoT but I'll check it out. 

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

This is how I feel, but it's worth noting that D&D are nowhere near this project so that's good news. It's still mind blowing how badly Game of Thrones cratered because of the final season. I normally go back and watch a series multiple times, but even after 3 years I haven't gone back to rewatch it yet. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

I'd be more interested in a sequel that followed Arya Stark as she went off to explore but I'll definitely watch the prequel.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/31/2022 at 10:26 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve read the short stories. This might be awful. But if the money is put to good use it’ll be exactly as good as the best GOT battle scenes. There will be a lot of them.

Yeah, but how many naked women will be in it? … Uh, asking for a friend.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:34 AM, SDSUfan said:

I'd be more interested in a sequel that followed Arya Stark as she went off to explore but I'll definitely watch the prequel.

Arya was IMO the most interesting character in the entire series.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 6/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Arya was IMO the most interesting character in the entire series.

Her travels with the Hound were the best part of the series to me. It was cool getting to see the folks and parts of Westeros that weren't big cities/castles/keeps/etc.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 6/1/2022 at 12:09 PM, NVGiant said:

Yeah, but how many naked women will be in it? … Uh, asking for a friend.

A lot if you like incest. #LannistersDidNothingWrong

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 6/1/2022 at 1:34 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

A lot if you like incest. #LannistersDidNothingWrong

Me? No way. I told you I was asking for a friend. :ph34r:

Like Lawlor, I read the story this is gonna be based on. Well really not a story, it was written like a history book not a story but whatever. It has potential to be really good. Lots of cool stuff happening lots of major battles with lots of dragons. It is the beginning of the end of the Targaryeons in Westeros. 

Not sure if Prequel is the right way to think about it. Just another story from the history of Westeros that takes place a couple hundered years before gae of thrones. It has the same family's and locations but not really connected too much to that story.

On 6/2/2022 at 8:03 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

Hot Take Alert: Western Mythology sucks, especially Norse mythology. It's what Ren Faire would look like with a Hollywood casting call: a bunch of close ups of some dingbat's best Sharon Stone stare. 

This is your worse take yet.

On 8/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, azgreg said:

Very good first episode.

My wife and I just finished the first episode and we loved it. I got some real Game of Thrones season one vibes, but with a much larger budget. I never read Fire & Blood, but since the book is already completed I don't have to worry about the showrunners making shit up as they go. It's been 3 years since I watched or read anything Game of Thrones related, so this felt like a breath of fresh air. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Solid way to start the series. Loved the "Song of Ice & Fire" tie back to the OG series when Viserys was talking to Rhaenyra. Really interested to hear more about the crazy ass iron throne in this one.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg