Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecAlien

Any Race Fans?

600 more miles. Getting ready to go green at The Coca-Cola 600. 

Iike the Busch Brothers and Kyle Larson. Truex Jr and Chase Elliot too. 

On 5/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, Subcanis said:

What’s been your favorite bike?  What bikes have you run?

Suzuki's Montesa, Ossa's, Bultaco's, lots of Husqvarna's, Rokon, Jawa (Praga) Honda XR's & CRFX's, Now Beta 480 Race.

Favorite was a 1972 Puch 125- flat fast, set up perfect was sponsored killed it in D-37 at 12.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:39 AM, dshawfan said:

How has it changed over the years? 

BLM + Barbara Boxer and Senator "FineSwine" have limited the desert use thus ruined the sport.... We used to get 500-1000 participants per race, now luck to get 300.

I am on a Club D-37 kids remember me in my 20s (now they are 40's-lol) from another club that no longer exists.

I do 3-5 500 - 900 mile rides in Baja per year and next year we will (as a team) be the oldest team to compete in the SCORE Baja 500 (teammates are flat fast).

Bikes don't break as much- electric start,  fuel injected, light and you can dial it in without a lot of aftermarket stuff.

My biggest competition is arthritis. This, Military and College FB has taken a toll on this Scot/Mexican!

On 5/29/2022 at 5:26 PM, trvitmvnz said:

Larson may be the most talented driver i seen. Legit at everything he wheels. Love him when he races Sprint Cars 

Got screwed tonight. NASCAR needs to change the overtime rule.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/30/2022 at 1:28 AM, SDSUfan said:

Got screwed tonight. NASCAR needs to change the overtime rule.

Larson got hosed. And NASCAR needs to change a lot of stuff. 

On 5/29/2022 at 8:47 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

BLM + Barbara Boxer and Senator "FineSwine" have limited the desert use thus ruined the sport.... We used to get 500-1000 participants per race, now luck to get 300.

I am on a Club D-37 kids remember me in my 20s (now they are 40's-lol) from another club that no longer exists.

I do 3-5 500 - 900 mile rides in Baja per year and next year we will (as a team) be the oldest team to compete in the SCORE Baja 500 (teammates are flat fast).

Bikes don't break as much- electric start,  fuel injected, light and you can dial it in without a lot of aftermarket stuff.

My biggest competition is arthritis. This, Military and College FB has taken a toll on this Scot/Mexican!

I’ve never raced but do a lot of dual sport/adventure riding. Touring Baja for a few weeks is on my list.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 5/30/2022 at 9:10 AM, Subcanis said:

I’ve never raced but do a lot of dual sport/adventure riding. Touring Baja for a few weeks is on my list.  

Bike needs to be 5 years old or newer- Open class- not an 'Adventure Bike" (those get hammered/stuck where we ride) and contact me. Sept 23-25 Tecate>Mikes>San Felipe>Mikes>Tecate. About 642 miles contingent on route/temp.

Larson put in a helluva fight to come back from the disastrous first half of the race he had. I'm not sure how he got screwed though. You have to take the white flag if you want to win on a yellow. That rule has been around a lot longer than Larson has been racing Cup. 

Sucks Austin Dillon thought he was clear, that would have been a great azz finish going four wide to the line. 

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 5/30/2022 at 10:24 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

Bike needs to be 5 years old or newer- Open class- not an 'Adventure Bike" (those get hammered/stuck where we ride) and contact me. Sept 23-25 Tecate>Mikes>San Felipe>Mikes>Tecate. About 642 miles contingent on route/temp.

I stick to big bikes anymore. Keeps me (mostly) off the trails I have no business being on anymore lol.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Not a huge racing fan, but do watch Indy every Memorial Day. One thing that always irks me is the reset when the red flag comes out. Ericsson had a several second lead with three laps to go and was coasting to the win.

After the red flag comes out and the restart everyone is lined up directly behind each other and the first ten cars all of a sudden can still win the race they were hopelessly out of. It doesn’t seem fair. Lucky for Ericsson he held them off, but just as easily could have lost the race he had in the bag before the red flag. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, soupslam1 said:

Not a huge racing fan, but do watch Indy every Memorial Day. One thing that always irks me is the reset when the red flag comes out. Ericsson had a several second lead with three laps to go and was coasting to the win.

After the red flag comes out and the restart everyone is lined up directly behind each other and the first ten cars all of a sudden can still win the race they were hopelessly out of. It doesn’t seem fair. Lucky for Ericsson he held them off, but just as easily could have lost the race he had in the bag before the red flag. 

Ericsson had to do everything he could to hold off O'Ward and Kanaan those last three laps. He used the dragon technique to hold them off. It’s legal but a little controversial like blocking which is illegal. Jimmy Johnson almost screwed him out of the win by driving way too deep into turn 2 with 3 laps to go and bringing that red flag. And they are teammates. Ericsson was cruising to victory before that red flag.