Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecAlien

Any Race Fans?

Are there any race fans that are going to be ready for 1,100 miles of racing tomorrow? Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600. 

On 5/28/2022 at 6:50 PM, AztecAlien said:

Are there any race fans that are going to be ready for 1,100 miles of racing tomorrow? Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600. 

Love auto racing. Did a little short track (dirt and asphalt) myself a long time ago.

People, not a fan.

Yes, as a race fan, best weekend of the year!
Grew up in the pits at Cajon Speedway; “the fastest 3/8 mile paved oval on the west coast”, of course it was the only 3/8 mile paved oval on the west coast too 😂

We were late for our dinner reservation last night because I watched a race from Bowman Grey last night on a TikTok live, so you know I need to have my head examined 😉

On 5/29/2022 at 7:26 AM, misplacedcowboy said:

If the rain ever stops...

This is what a 3% chance of rain looks like. 

This better not be be like SPA last year. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 5/29/2022 at 8:01 AM, Subcanis said:

This is what a 3% chance of rain looks like. 

This better not be be like SPA last year. 

Turning into a really interesting race. Leclerc may murder his strategist. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 5/29/2022 at 6:46 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

Yes, next weekend SCORE Baja 500.

McQ Colonet 2022.JPG

Tell me you’re not one of those guys who stands along the course as those trucks are flying by on the edge of losing control 😳

On 5/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, dshawfan said:

Tell me you’re not one of those guys who stands along the course as those trucks are flying by on the edge of losing control 😳

Nope, I race, have since 1968.

I started the 1,100 mile journey. Rooting for Jimmy Johnson in the Indy 500. It would of been cool to see him pull double duty. I think Dixon, Carpenter, Kanaan and Sato are the class though.   

On 5/29/2022 at 11:09 AM, AztecAlien said:

I stated the 1,100 mile journey. Rooting for Jimmy Johnson in the Indy 500. It would of been cool to see him pull double duty. I think Dixon, Carpenter, Kanaan and Sato are the class though.   

Would love to see Kanaan win.  Or maybe Grosjean. 

On 5/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

Badass. 

I wonder if I can get one of those Honda Indy 500 V6's for my Accord? It only weighs 250lbs and pumps out 750HP when you hit the turbo. It revs up to 12,000 + RPM's. No one would see it coming or going. 😁   

On 5/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

What’s been your favorite bike?  What bikes have you run?

Man, make a slight mistake and you're in the wall at 220MPH in a spilt second. Kudos to the engineering that goes into a Indy Cars. Guys walking away is a good thing. 👍

There's a lot people at Indy today. 🤙