Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Mensah Returning

On 5/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

With all of the off-season additions, the Aztecs will be the overwhelming pre-season MWC favorites.

Or Wyoming.  But given history I'd go with SDSU. Wyoming is stacked with Maldo back though

Color me not as excited as most.  I think we've seen peak Nate.  He is who he is; fouls way too much, no...as in NO right hand.. bad free throws, disappears in big games,

Hoping we can get more out of LeDee and Demarshay Johnson Jr. than we got out of Diabate and Tomiac.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, quickdraw said:

SDSU will be preseason favorites every year until somebody can take that from them. 

They weren’t last season and ended up 3rd.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:00 PM, Swoll Cracker said:

They weren’t last season and ended up 3rd.

Who has been more consistent over the past decade plus? There have been a few splashes from time to time but the conference title still runs through them until they falter or another program can compete consistently.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:04 PM, quickdraw said:

Who has been more consistent over the past decade plus? There have been a few splashes from time to time but the conference title still runs through them until they falter or another program can compete consistently.

Clearly SDSU is the top program in the MWC. But I challenged your “preseason favorite every year” with the fact that they were not pre-season favorites as recently as last season.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:58 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Clearly SDSU is the top program in the MWC. But I challenged your “preseason favorite every year” with the fact that they were not pre-season favorites as recently as last season.

My point is that this conference runs through SDSU for basketball. I believe CSU was preseason pick last year but didn’t end up there. BS u ended up #1 but will they put together a string like only SDSU has in the past decade? Doubt it. While the so called sports media looks at charts and tables, we all know who you’ll need to beat to win this conference. It’s happening with football where BS u is no longer the obvious big dog. Will BS u MBB start to put together some winning history? Who will be the next team to win in the dance that is not SDSU. CSU and Wyo are still just 1 offs because of individual good players. So yeah, this conference still runs MBB through SDSU until Dutcher fails or someone else steps up for multiple years.

For all their MWC success in the last decade I believe SDSU has made only one run in the Dance. All the other times they’ve lost in the first or second round. Translation. SDSU is the king of a crap basketball conference. As proven by the poor MWC performance last year when we had decent seeds and lost all four games. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:25 AM, soupslam1 said:

For all their MWC success in the last decade I believe SDSU has made only one run in the Dance. All the other times they’ve lost in the first or second round. Translation. SDSU is the king of a crap basketball conference. As proven by the poor MWC performance last year when we had decent seeds and lost all four games. 

Very true.....hopefully this version will still be alive the 2nd week of the tournament.  

We'll be older than some NBA rosters next year.

Mensah- 5th year

Seiko - 5th year

Arop - 5th year

Bradley-5th year

Trammel -5th year

Add in a few babies and wives and we're BYU

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/27/2022 at 1:25 PM, soupslam1 said:

Sweet Sixteen twice under Fisher. The Kawhi team lost to eventual champion UConn. In 2014 lost to a #4 seed Arizona. I don’t dispute your point about the conference. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 5/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, SDSUfan said:

We'll be older than some NBA rosters next year.

Mensah- 5th year

Seiko - 5th year

Arop - 5th year

Bradley-5th year

Trammel -5th year

Add in a few babies and wives and we're BYU

We may need all that experience. Looking at the OOC, we've got some stout possibilities there. Maui looks to be loaded, plus BYU and Stanford. We'll be battle tested I would think.