Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

Aztecs could pick up RB transfer from USC

Hoke won't tolerate "Reindeer Games."

This one, has been involved in a few...

Pass.

The kid has a history of getting into fights.

I can't imagine the RB room being so bereft of talent that they would roll the dice on someone with these issues.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Kids make mistakes and hopefully, learn lessons. Coming back home may be the best thing for the young man.   

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/25/2022 at 4:44 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

Hoke won't tolerate "Reindeer Games."

This one, has been involved in a few...

Was there a reason he didn't apply for the NFL draft?  They recognize talent even if they play for losing teams.

Could be another Dillon Baxter or could be another Christian Heyward. We’ll see…

He will be the fastest player in the MW but fast doesn’t necessarily translate into better.  My sibling played at SC and word was Helton didn’t put up with any off the field issues and as soon as the fight happened Helton gave up on him.  He was in the portal already when Riley came in and Riley wanted to clean house and “re-make” the roster.

Supposed to get another big transfer in as well as another rb transfer.

On 5/26/2022 at 12:04 AM, Fowl said:

Could be another Dillon Baxter or could be another Christian Heyward. We’ll see…

He will be the fastest player in the MW but fast doesn’t necessarily translate into better.  My sibling played at SC and word was Helton didn’t put up with any off the field issues and as soon as the fight happened Helton gave up on him.  He was in the portal already when Riley came in and Riley wanted to clean house and “re-make” the roster.

If he's faster than Jordan Byrd, that will be something.

As to his past, one or two incidents can be a blip on the radar. According the article, there are several violations. Whether they are all from the same incident or others is what concerns me.

Let's hope he can overcome his past and get another opportunity on the field and in the classroom.

Let's also hope he holds onto the ball better than Greg Bell.

Americans Mayor

On 5/26/2022 at 8:15 AM, Spaztecs said:

If he's faster than Jordan Byrd, that will be something.

As to his past, one or two incidents can be a blip on the radar. According the article, there are several violations. Whether they are all from the same incident or others is what concerns me.

Let's hope he can overcome his past and get another opportunity on the field and in the classroom.

Let's also hope he holds onto the ball better than Greg Bell.

This is his last stop for his future unless he wants to sit out a year to go elsewhere.  So that's the incentive to be a team player.  Ideally for him, and the Aztecs, is to have an outstanding year then go into the NFL draft.  Supposedly he has the tools to pull it off.  

On 5/25/2022 at 11:04 PM, Fowl said:

From SC?

Contributors?

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

This news, coupled with rumours of bringing in another xfer RB, tell me the Coaching Staff isn't happy with the RB room 

Americans Mayor

On 5/26/2022 at 3:47 PM, Spaztecs said:

This news, coupled with rumours of bringing in another xfer RB, tell me the Coaching Staff isn't happy with the RB room 

They weren't exactly stellar last year IMO.  Greg Bell would have made a great backup.  The fact that he was the lead dawg  says a lot.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/25/2022 at 11:04 PM, Fowl said:

I love when you talk dirty like this! 😉😂

On 5/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, SDSUfan said:

They weren't exactly stellar last year IMO.  Greg Bell would have made a great backup.  The fact that he was the lead dawg  says a lot.

The RBs were good enough. Their production was limited by other factors not entirely in their control.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:48 AM, sancarlosaztec said:

The RBs were good enough. Their production was limited by other factors not entirely in their control.

Still have PTSD from watching last year's offense. I get it. Let's hope we get a little more toughness at RB this year.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/28/2022 at 5:57 PM, SDSUfan said:

Still have PTSD from watching last year's offense. I get it. Let's hope we get a little more toughness at RB this year.

Our OC can recruit, it's that pesky "Coaching" piece that alludes him.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:48 AM, sancarlosaztec said:

The quality of the OL who transferred out would have been backups, at best.   The O line is in transition, but the risk is if injuries take a toll we'll need to burn redshirts.

On 5/28/2022 at 5:57 PM, SDSUfan said:

Yeah, I would like a durable home run threat too. Those are hard to find and with the portal even harder to keep. Wouldn’t it be great to have a 1-2 punch like Pumphrey & Penny again?  That was extremely rare before the portal.

if he makes any screw up he will take that 10.3 speed out the door. I believe in a second chance also this team is strong character wise and will surround him with good examples. With two transfers, two  highly rated freshman, and Chance Bell, and the others someone will step up. I think the line will run block well lot of size and talent, but pass blocking is a big worry because of lack of game experience .

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

On 5/30/2022 at 3:24 PM, steveem said:

if he makes any screw up he will take that 10.3 speed out the door. I believe in a second chance also this team is strong character wise and will surround him with good examples. With two transfers, two  highly rated freshman, and Chance Bell, and the others someone will step up. I think the line will run block well lot of size and talent, but pass blocking is a big worry because of lack of game experience .

We finally have a decent QB and. a quality back up in Haskell.  I think this line has a bigger upside than with the guys who transferred out.  The question is how many games will it take.   

On 5/30/2022 at 5:34 PM, aztech said:

We finally have a decent QB and. a quality back up in Haskell.  I think this line has a bigger upside than with the guys who transferred out.  The question is how many games will it take.   

They will grow up fast in summer camp going up against that D-line for 25+ practices.

Americans Mayor