Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Today's mass shooting is.............

On 5/26/2022 at 5:30 PM, SharkTanked said:

So here is what I consider real lunacy on the left. This is +++++ing ridiculous. Most of those cops were undoubtedly Hispanic. I know many I saw from the footage and interviews were.

This is the kind of ignorant crap that serves to derail the pursuit of improvement.

Is this the guy from whose line is it anyway? Yeah. Wake me up when biden tweets something like this. Or better yet, when we elect someone from a shitty reality show president. For republicans, ignorant, fringe lunacy is policy. 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:17 PM, Slapdad said:

There are only 165 Rangers for the entire state....it's not like there is a Texas Rangers station in Uvalde and probably not a single Ranger there. With the closest ranger HQ being in Austin 2.5 hours away, I'm not sure why they would be expected to be standing by and ready to go for something like this in a small town like Uvalde. 

Didn't know that and thanks for the info. In California, there are county police - in the form of deputy sheriffs - who are rarely more than half an hour away from each municipality. Is Texas so incompetent that it doesn't have an equivalent setup for counties to assist small cities?

Btw:

1-7.jpg

Comment: That seems pretty accurate but residents of Nevada and Washington state don't hate California and to my knowledge at least, Coloradans don't hate us either.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, Slapdad said:

Beto is dipshit too. I have a list of dipshits.....some of you people are on it. 

Lol, you got lists too? Damn, you and convert might wanna compare, see whose is longer.

Haha, I know that probably puts me on a list, but it was worth it.

On 5/26/2022 at 4:09 PM, SDSUfan said:

If you're going to do unconstitutional shit  to stop this idiocy, banning the reporting of these incidents would do far more good. Make it a felony to publish anything about the shooter.  These are acts carried out by mostly young, male, socially inept, inconsequential losers. Their goal is almost always mostly recognition and attention.

Other than that, we can do even more unconstitutional shit through involuntary commitment.

We can also ditch professional "code of Ethics" crap by prosecuting psychologists and school counselors if they are aware of people who are capable of doing these monstrous things and fail to report them.

There are plenty of unconstitutional things we can do that would be more effective than this asinine, incessant attack on the 2nd amendment.

Lol. Ok.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:17 PM, HR_Poke said:

Just read a bunch of interviews from citizens at the meeting and the mayor. They were all very pissed at Beto especially the mayor as he told everyone not to make the meeting about politics. 

I read that a number of citizens said the opposite. There were even citizens surrounding him and yelling “let him talk” as Abbott, Patrick, and the dickhead mayor screamed like banshees though.  

On 5/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Is this the guy from whose line is it anyway? Yeah. Wake me up when biden tweets something like this. Or better yet, when we elect someone from a shitty reality show president. For republicans, ignorant, fringe lunacy is policy. 

s reactions jim GIF

On 5/26/2022 at 5:14 PM, SDSUfan said:

I didn't say they were successful. Most Americans are smart enough to recognize that 2A has little if anything to do with these events.  It's only the America Hating Unhinged Communist Left (aka The Modern "Democrat" Party)  that obsesses on the freedom to own fire arms, enshrined in our Constitution, so as to have the ability to protect one's self, ironically, from the of America Hating Unhinged Communist Left (aka The Modern "Democrat" Party).

Lol. Ok.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:17 PM, HR_Poke said:

not to make the meeting about politics. 

Which is a political act. 

On 5/26/2022 at 8:46 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Which is a political act. 

I mean. Abbott and Patrick have highly politicized speeches after shouting Beto down. Hell, Patrick even implied that Beto was “evil” in his. 

it’s just hilarious that they didn’t want “politics” to be involved while continually invoking their own politics. 

https://thehill.com/news/3502592-texas-broadcast-of-jimmy-kimmels-uvalde-shooting-monologue-cut-short/

Cool.

Hey, @SDSUfan. Here you go. 

Edit: eh, seems like a mistake. But still makes you wonder.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:37 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Didn't know that and thanks for the info. In California, there are county police - in the form of deputy sheriffs - who are rarely more than half an hour away from each municipality. Is Texas so incompetent that it doesn't have an equivalent setup for counties to assist small cities?

Btw:

1-7.jpg

Comment: That seems pretty accurate but residents of Nevada and Washington state don't hate California and to my knowledge at least, Coloradans don't hate us either.

Texas does.  Department of Public Safety is essentially the state police.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, grandjean87 said:

I had to work with a few real pricks. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:21 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Don't discount the fun gunfight that could stem from a heated parent -teacher meeting -- Both packing guns, draw down and go at it !!!! 

Heck if this works well, we can disband the army ground troops & send in teachers when needed in some foreign conflict !!!! 

If grandjean was packing heat at school during his teaching career in the 1970's and got into a scrape with some shady characters, I imagine it would go down something like this. Clothes, cars, hair and "The .44 MAG" and all.

The good thing about Dirty Harry's cases are, only a very few ever went to trial. 😏

On 5/26/2022 at 7:49 PM, retrofade said:

I mean. Abbott and Patrick have highly politicized speeches after shouting Beto down. Hell, Patrick even implied that Beto was “evil” in his. 

it’s just hilarious that they didn’t want “politics” to be involved while continually invoking their own politics. 

Yeah...all 3 of those guys (Abbott, ORourke, Patrick) have been overtly political.  No reason for Abbott, in his Im the Gov jacket, to be giving the briefings other than for the facetime.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

Without one you're defenseless.  

The only way to take out a shooter is with another shooter. 

Well, this is quite the opposite in actuality...in terms of the good guy with a gun myth. An FBI active shooter study released in 2014 that studied 14 years worth of data proved it. The bullet points were as follows:

-160 events that qualified in populated areas from 2000 to 2013

-486 people killed, 557 wounded

-21 incidents ended at the hands of unarmed individuals, including 2 where off duty officers assisted

-45 incidents ended in law enforcement engaging in gunfire, where in 21 of those 45 incidents 9 officers were killed and 28 wounded

-5 incidents ended after an armed non law enforcement citizen engaged the shooter

Also, this.....
On 5/26/2022 at 7:45 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Training only gets you to point.  The heart of man has to actually be stressed and stressed constantly to be effective.  I saw Marines break when it mattered, so even that doesn't guarantee results.  I doubt very much that police are really trained to really forget self-preservation.  

On 5/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, RSF said:

Texas does.  Department of Public Safety is essentially the state police.

Thanks.

I'll just say this. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Uvalde police chief failed to immediately contact the state DPS. Particularly in tiny cities, police chiefs like to show how well trained their officers are and simply turning things over to a larger department doesn't do that. I was also a bit taken aback by how uncomposed the guy was when Beto unexpectedly showed up. Although it's true Beto embarrassed himself, so did the police chief with his profanity.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:55 PM, RSF said:

Yeah...all 3 of those guys (Abbott, ORourke, Patrick) have been overtly political.  No reason for Abbott, in his Im the Gov jacket, to be giving the briefings other than for the facetime.

Politicians are political. By nature. Categorically. Definitionally. 

When one says to stop politicizing, everyone's feelers should go to attention.

Meanwhile, the wife of Prince Harry slipped into town, paid her respects and started passing out food at the blood drive.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:57 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Thanks.

I'll just say this. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Uvalde police chief didn't immediately contact the state DPS. Particularly in tiny cities, police chiefs like to show how well trained their officers are and simply turning things over to a larger department doesn't do that. I was also a bit taken aback by how uncomposed the guy was when Beto unexpectedly showed up. Although it's true Beto embarrassed himself, so did the police chief with his profanity.

It was the mayor, not the police chief. 

that said, I’m not sure how calmly approaching a political propaganda session asking why the Governor of the State hasn’t done anything to prevent these tragedies is “embarrassing” oneself. Particularly when the political animals start screaming like maniacs. 

On 5/26/2022 at 6:41 PM, retrofade said:

I read that a number of citizens said the opposite. There were even citizens surrounding him and yelling “let him talk” as Abbott, Patrick, and the dickhead mayor screamed like banshees though.  

Not what I read. The mayor is a Democrat too. It was a presser for offering counseling services to victims and families