Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Today's mass shooting is.............

On 5/26/2022 at 5:08 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

And others searching for the shooter.  The cops outside were there for crowd control.  The last thing they needed was a bunch of panicked parents rushing through the doors.  

That's just one version of the story.  I hope it's the correct one.

The more information that comes out the more it seems that this was totally preventable with easily implemented policy. And yes the police were cowards, in my opinion.

I have a nine year old son, and I'll tell you I would have been arrested that day.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:17 PM, utenation said:

C'mon man. Are you really going to try to convince me that is all the years of the gun control debate, you haven't heard one solid idea on reform from local, state or national leaders? Dem or GOP, doesn't matter. 

Or honestly, is this just a another Joe Biden thing for you?

Limiting clip or magazine capacities, banning the AR-15?

On 5/26/2022 at 5:21 PM, CV147 said:

The more information that comes out the more it seems that this was totally preventable with easily implemented policy. And yes the police were cowards, in my opinion.

I have a nine year old son, and I'll tell you I would have been arrested that day.

Every parent should be reviewing their children’s school security policy right now.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, utenation said:

C'mon man. Are you really going to try to convince me that is all the years of the gun control debate, you haven't heard one solid idea on reform from local, state or national leaders? Dem or GOP, doesn't matter. 

Or honestly, is this just a another Joe Biden thing for you?

No, I have not.  Just a bunch a nonsensical bullshit that would do nothing to help even if it passed. 

Perhaps I missed something.  What have you heard that would actually keep guns out of the hands of guys like Ramos and would make it through the legislature?  

Gun control is a political football that both sides use to rally up the base.  They seldom get serious about it and actually try to work together to find a workable solution.  Their priority is getting votes. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 5/26/2022 at 5:29 PM, tailingpermit said:

Every parent should be reviewing their children’s school security policy right now.

People are like "We can't have private citizens providing security, leave it to the trained professionals!"

And this is the trained professionals.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

No, I have not.  Just a bunch a nonsensical bullshit that would do nothing to help even if it passed. 

Perhaps I missed something.  What have you heard that would actually keep guns out of the hands of guys like Ramos and would make it through the legislature?  

Children being gunned down at school is a political football that both sides use to rally up the base.  They seldom get serious about it and actually try to work together to find a workable solution.  Their priority is getting votes. 

FIFY

On 5/26/2022 at 3:33 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

Gun control is a political football that both sides use to rally up the base.  They seldom get serious about it and actually try to work together to find a workable solution.  Their priority is getting votes. 

He didn't ask what could make it into law.  He asked him if he had heard any good ideas.   How about not letting a teenager purchase those guns and ammo in the first place?  

On 5/26/2022 at 3:34 PM, CV147 said:

People are like "We can't have private citizens providing security, leave it to the trained professionals!"

And this is the trained professionals.

"Only cops should have guns!!!"

On 5/26/2022 at 3:37 PM, alum93 said:

He didn't ask what could make it into law.  He asked him if he had heard any good ideas.   How about not letting a teenager purchase those guns and ammo in the first place?  

We need to decide when adults are adults.  I think that age should be 21.  Age of consent, able to join the military, buy alcohol and yes, purchase guns.  This 17 for some things, 18 for others, and 21 of others yet is dumb.  

On 5/26/2022 at 3:25 PM, AndroidAggie said:

i've typed up and deleted a response several times now, but i just don't know how to respond to you.  what do you want from me?  how can i communicate with you meaningfully without inviting little barbs and jabs?

The best way to not invite barbs and jabs from me is to keep from implying that I picked a news story from Fox news that can't be substantiated in order to make a point or telling me that I'm criticizing Jimmy Kimmel because their way of thinking doesn't fit my way of thinking. They (Kerr and Kimmel) have both been vocal about these horrific events when it suits only their line of thinking. I have stated my position on gun control and I have also stated that I don't believe that the Gov of Texas is any more to blame than the Gov of New York was and, instead, blamed the horrible people that committed both crimes. I think that's the most reasonable approach to take as would most people. 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:48 PM, Slapdad said:

The best way to not invite barbs and jabs from me is to keep from implying that I picked a news story from Fox news that can't be substantiated in order to make a point or telling me that I'm criticizing Jimmy Kimmel because their way of thinking doesn't fit my way of thinking. They (Kerr and Kimmel) have both been vocal about these horrific events when it suits only their line of thinking. I have stated my position on gun control and I have also stated that I don't believe that the Gov of Texas is any more to blame than the Gov of New York was and, instead, blamed the horrible people that committed both crimes. I think that's the most reasonable approach to take as would most people. 

I didn't imply you picked a news story that can't be substantiated.

As for the rest, fair enough.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, Slapdad said:

So you agree that Putin's invasion raised gas prices and not Joe Biden? very cool.