Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Today's mass shooting is.............

On 5/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, sactowndog said:

No my issue with you is quotes like this that you have made not once but multiple times.  Even is this thread you try to distract and claim AR-15 style guns aren’t really much of the problem.  That specifically is my problem with you.

So you admit it is a solution in search of a problem, right?  Since by your own admission in this thread it would do nothing to limit homicides.

Your words not mine.  You said removing guns would not get them out of the wrong hands.  Your logic is retarded.  

On 5/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, sactowndog said:

Why because if he does pick a lane you will just then turn around and say it’s not significant.  We have all seen this dance over and over.   

I'm just so glad this guy did not walk down to the nearest militia to check out a BAR. Aren't you?

this youth should not have been legally allowed to buy the assault rifles

the report said he was bullied mercilessly by his peers for his clothing and poor economic status

he appears mentally ill and a monster

and yet why was he allowed to buy guns without a high school diploma yet?

On 5/25/2022 at 12:43 PM, mugtang said:

wow.....  Not really sure the time to try and score political points on a tragedy is less than 24 hours after it happened. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:38 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The definition problem is a big one.  If you listen to democratic policy makers on the news lately, they will say there have been 300+ mass shootings this year, if you go by the definition they use to make that claim, any shooting with 1 or more victim in a public place, then assault rifles make up about 2%.

Your team needs to pick a lane.  

So you're saying there are more mass shootings that they arent counting? Because thats the only way those ARs stats improve. Are you talking about how they defined schools shootings, which isnt part of these stats? 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:53 AM, HR_Poke said:

wow.....  Not really sure the time to try and score political points on a tragedy is less than 24 hours after it happened. 

Its political only because you dont agree with the need to take action. When should he make a scene? A week later, a month later, a year later? 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:49 AM, bornontheblue said:

Maybe we should yell and erratically scream like a lunatic, and then accuse people of being personally responsible for these murdered children. 

Let's  all start doing that. That will make our kids safer right? 

Maybe it leads to changes that do?

On 5/25/2022 at 11:55 AM, AztecSU said:

Its political only because you dont agree with the need to take action. When should he make a scene? A week later, a month later, a year later? 

Beto is running for Texas governor and showed up with a TV crew to film it as a commercial is what I read

It was a stunt to try and film a TV commercial when it is a press conference by elected offical

On 5/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, AztecSU said:

So you're saying there are more mass shootings that they arent counting? Because thats the only way those ARs stats improve. Are you talking about how they defined schools shootings, which isnt part of these stats? 

I'm saying what counts as a mass shooting depends on what you are looking at.  The democratic policy makers on the news the past 24 hours are citing the statistic that there have been 300+ mass shootings this year.  The data they are looking at when making that claim is any shooting with more than 1 victim in a public place.  That is not the same data as your study or similar ones where the definition X fatalities or victims.

If we are using the the definition of mass shootings that is now circulating everywhere, over 300 this year, ones done with assault riffles are at 2-3%.  

On 5/25/2022 at 12:36 PM, toonkee said:

That's still not the right stat here. Damn near every one of these types of mass shootings that shake the national conscience is with an AR-15. The scary black gun "cool" gun is part of the psyche of these events. Cool guns appeal to these types of these lost souls that commit these atrocities. It's undeniable.

I think this is true. I have a Ruger 10/22 semi with a few 25 round banana magazines that would have done the same damage to 4th graders. No one wants to use or ban that gun. Underlying this shooter is some true pathology. The forensic pathologists have plenty of insight on a guy that shoots his grandmother in the face.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:55 PM, AztecSU said:

I don't agree with going to a press conference where they are trying to coordinate with families looking for their missing or dead children to score points in his run for governor.  Yelling at county commissioners and school district employees does absolutely nothing to resolve the issue.

I never once said something doesn't need to change or happen.  I just think your argument is dishonest and based purely on hyperbole and fear mongering.  

On 5/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, Cleopatra said:

there is really no use for an AR unless it is military of police use

I think home defense there is so many other options

like a pump shotgun or a handgun

a shotgun kicks hard but it is the easiest to aim

A shot gun is the best for home defense IMO.  A handgun for personal defense.  An AR-15 is a gun with a lot of uses, sadly, one of those has become shooting others in public settings.  It is a fantastic weapon.  Practical for everything.  It is a good home defense weapon as the round.  The .223 round is less likely to pass through home construction than a .9mm or buckshot, making it actually the safest weapon for home defense.   You can hunt with it.  It is cheap.  It is a fantastic weapon.

If we need to get rid of it, so be it.  @sactowndog

Here are 16 of the children who didn’t wake up this morning because we can’t get our shit together.

image.png

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 5/25/2022 at 11:52 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your words not mine.  You said removing guns would not get them out of the wrong hands.  Your logic is retarded.  

My focus is how to keep high capacity assault weapons out of the hands of mentally disturbed people without stripping the populace of the 2nd Amendment protections.   

Yes, it is not perfect.  Nor does it keep guns out of the hands of career criminals.  But even career criminals are not randomly shooting up churches and schools.   No it doesn’t address hand guns which is a harder nut to crack.   

If you want to post honest solutions feel free.  More likely you will use your skills to obfuscate and maintain your donation to the NRA.  If you don’t like that I feel you are a contributor to the problem tough shit.  

On 5/25/2022 at 12:15 PM, scounty said:

The only thing that would work in today's world to drastically reduce these situations, but not gun crime, overall, is a complete ban on new manufacturing of all semi autos and a buy back program. 

Neither is going to happen. 

I do find the cultural aspect to be the hardest pill to swallow:

🤐