Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Today's mass shooting is.............

On 5/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, AztecSU said:

Guys, if we just wish real hard the shootings will stop...Wishing equals every option that doesnt lead to less guns in circulation in case you're curious. 

I would say that global climate change is surely having an impact on mass shootings.  There is a perfect correlation with the hottest years on record and the mass shooting epidemic.  We should get the climate change thing locked down before we work on any issue related to guns.   

Posted Image

Ugh, Abbott is trying to claim that this shooter was just evil, so no amount of mental health help would have prevented this. 

Shut the fvck up you idiot. 

On 5/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, HR_Poke said:

Except its really not.  I shot a bolt action .22 with a high capacity magazine when I was in the boy scouts as a youth, all you had to do was change the stock and it meets your definition of military grade weapon.  It lacks nuance and doesn't really further the argument beyond fear mongering. 

Fine you get the concept I am trying to define.  Why don’t you provide a definition. 

On 5/25/2022 at 12:27 PM, sactowndog said:

Fine you get the concept I am trying to define.  Why don’t you provide a definition. 

just say semi automatic rifles or semi automatic weapons. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:15 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The mental health screening idea is but one of a half dozen ideas I have positioned.  You are being dishonest.  

And your militia takes the guns idea is retarded.  Full stop.

Why don’t you start by acknowledging there is a problem which you repeatedly belittle…….

and if you actually get that far I would be happy to listen and consider your solutions 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:25 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Did you mean semi-automatic rifles not just semi-automatic guns in your question above?  If so that is an entirely different question.

Yes, really just ARs although I question almost all semi-auto rifles need to exist outside of combat scenarios. You previously mentioned 13% of mass shootings were by AR...more recently is actually 16%....but they account for 25% of all mass shooting deaths and 75% of all mass shooting injuries...shootings involving ARs left 6 times as many people shot as those that didnt. Please tell me how this is not worth looking at more, despite our free gun loving history?

https://everytownresearch.org/maps/mass-shootings-in-america/

image.png.6816a1414d30bad46dfc60f1fb244b7d.png

On 5/25/2022 at 12:27 PM, sactowndog said:

I'm just glad this shooter was not able to walk down to the local militia and check out a BAR.  

On 5/25/2022 at 11:28 AM, HR_Poke said:

just say semi automatic rifles or semi automatic weapons. 

Except has many have pointed out many guns used for legitimate purposes and without high capacity magazines are semi-automatic which is why I moved from that term 🤷🏼‍♀️

On 5/25/2022 at 12:29 PM, sactowndog said:

Why don’t you start by acknowledging there is a problem which you repeatedly belittle…….

and if you actually get that far I would be happy to listen and consider your solutions 

I've done that dozens of times.

Your issue with me is that I find your militia idea retarded and your logic even more retarded.  Mental health screenings won't work, but a militia will somehow be able to identify those with mental health issues?  I mean, really?  Confiscating guns won't stop criminals from obtaining them but will stop people who have decided to kill a bunch of school children?  Again, do see your illogical bullshit?

It seems you are more invested in defending your #sactownsolutions, than anything logical or reasonable.  

On 5/25/2022 at 12:26 PM, retrofade said:

Yes, that can happen. 

Which is why I'm asking about open campuses... which exist all over the west coast. That campus I posted has classrooms that have doors and windows that open up onto the main common areas. There's no hallways. So do we put bulletproof glass in the classrooms? That's the stuff I'm talking about here. 

A security plan can be implemented using any facility and technology. Some facility designs are easier to work with than others. 

Yes , bulletproof glass is an option. 

We as a society are never going to come to an agreement on gun legislation.  There is unanimous support for preventing these type of shootings though and creating secure facilities is where we can see something implemented , rather than a shit flinging contest about guns that will just make each side dig in further, and accomplish nothing. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, SharkTanked said:

Is it safe to say that 100% are committed with semi-automatics? Maybe 90%? I honestly don't know.

That's still not the right stat here. Damn near every one of these types of mass shootings that shake the national conscience is with an AR-15. The scary black gun "cool" gun is part of the psyche of these events. Cool guns appeal to these types of these lost souls that commit these atrocities. It's undeniable.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:27 AM, bornontheblue said:

There are no weapons of war in mass circulation. These weapons are not up to military standards. 

I know the guns look scary though, and we should make decisions just off of that alone right? 

If they are not weapons of war, what good will they be against the government?

On 5/25/2022 at 12:29 PM, AztecSU said:

Yes, really just ARs although I question almost all semi-auto rifles need to exist outside of combat scenarios. You previously mentioned 13% of mass shootings were by AR...more recently is actually 16%....but they account for 25% of all mass shooting deaths and 75% of all mass shooting injuries...shootings involving ARs left 6 times as many people shot as those that didnt. Please tell me how this is not worth looking at more, despite our free gun loving history?

https://everytownresearch.org/maps/mass-shootings-in-america/

image.png.6816a1414d30bad46dfc60f1fb244b7d.png

The definition problem is a big one.  If you listen to democratic policy makers on the news lately, they will say there have been 300+ mass shootings this year, if you go by the definition they use to make that claim, any shooting with 1 or more victim in a public place, then assault rifles make up about 2%.

Your team needs to pick a lane.  

On 5/25/2022 at 11:26 AM, retrofade said:

Yes, that can happen. 

Which is why I'm asking about open campuses... which exist all over the west coast. That campus I posted has classrooms that have doors and windows that open up onto the main common areas. There's no hallways. So do we put bulletproof glass in the classrooms? That's the stuff I'm talking about here. 

Right and let’s fire half the teachers and have class sizes of 50 so we can afford.  Meanwhile the shooter will just wait until they get on the bus.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 5/25/2022 at 11:34 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I've done that dozens of times.

Your issue with me is that I find your militia idea retarded and your logic even more retarded.  Mental health screenings won't work, but a militia will somehow be able to identify those with mental health issues?  I mean, really?  Confiscating guns won't stop criminals from obtaining them but will stop people who have decided to kill a bunch of school children?  Again, do see your illogical bullshit?

It seems you are more invested in defending your #sactownsolutions, than anything logical or reasonable.  

No my issue with you is quotes like this that you have made not once but multiple times.  Even is this thread you try to distract and claim AR-15 style guns aren’t really much of the problem.  That specifically is my problem with you.

So you admit it is a solution in search of a problem, right?  Since by your own admission in this thread it would do nothing to limit homicides.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, sactowndog said:

Right and let’s fire half the teachers and have class sizes of 50 so we can afford.  Meanwhile the shooter will just wait until they get on the bus.

Maybe we should yell and erratically scream like a lunatic, and then accuse people of being personally responsible for these murdered children. 

Let's  all start doing that. That will make our kids safer right? 

On 5/24/2022 at 7:15 PM, Billings said:

nobody loves abortions or innocent deaths by guns.  nobody

I already clarified my statement you missed it.   I did not say anything about deaths by guns.

I said

democrats love legal abortions and republicans love legal guns

you know that someone loves something if you take it away from them

On 5/25/2022 at 11:38 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The definition problem is a big one.  If you listen to democratic policy makers on the news lately, they will say there have been 300+ mass shootings this year, if you go by the definition they use to make that claim, any shooting with 1 or more victim in a public place, then assault rifles make up about 2%.

Your team needs to pick a lane.  

Why because if he does pick a lane you will just then turn around and say it’s not significant.  We have all seen this dance over and over.