Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Today's mass shooting is.............

On 5/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You owe me an apology I think, until you offer one I am not going to engage with you.  

Going to be a long wait.  

I don’t tend to emotionally call people names or say something of that magnitude lightly.  I wasn’t being emotional in my statement.  

Until you prioritize removing those types of high capacity guns from people who are not mentally stable to own them over defending your beloved 4th Amendment you are part of the problem and complicit.  And that includes having a clear way to validate they are stable.  

Ideally, all gun owners should be tested for mental stability but handgun owners mostly kill themselves and their families.  Mentally unstable people getting high capacity weapons typically have other targets in mind.  So I draw the line there.

Also, arguing that a couple dozen kids a year are mathematically insignificant does little to change my opinion.  

If you don’t like my opinion you are free to not interact or you may want to consider why I feel as I do.   

On 5/27/2022 at 8:43 PM, sactowndog said:

Going to be a long wait.  

I don’t tend to emotionally call people names or say something of that magnitude lightly.  I wasn’t being emotional in my statement.  

Until you prioritize removing those types of high capacity guns from people who are not mentally stable to own them over defending your beloved 4th Amendment you are part of the problem and complicit.  And that includes having a clear way to validate they are stable.  

Ideally, all gun owners should be tested for mental stability but handgun owners mostly kill themselves and their families.  Mentally unstable people getting high capacity weapons typically have other targets in mind.  So I draw the line there.

Also, arguing that a couple dozen kids a year are mathematically insignificant does little to change my opinion.  

If you don’t like my opinion you are free to not interact or you may want to consider why I feel as I do.   

Great, by your logic you are complicit far more than I am.  Your only solution was a retarded half baked militia idea you doubled down on.  My ideas are far more practical in getting the wrong weapons out of the wrong hands.  Your idea is absolutely insane.  Just go down to the local militia to pick up your BAR, school shooters.  JFC.  

Your militia idea is the most dangerous, ill thought out idea I have seen proposed on this board, but you are more concerned with defending it than dead kids.  Sit on that.  The fact you can not see how you are being logically inconsistent baffles me.  Yeah mental health status is not static, but you expect a militia to have more stringent by orders of magnitude mental health screenings than the actual military to prevent a wacko from checking out a tommy gun or M16 or some shit?

Do you realize how ridiculous your only proposed solution is?  How +++++ing insane?  Of course not, you are so dug in into defending it that me pointing out it is nonsense makes you state I have blood on my hands.  Your ideas are stupid, harmful, and would make matters worse by orders of magnitude.  Full stop.  Period.  If you can not follow that logic, it is because you are either far dumber than I thought or far more egotistical.  

On 5/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Great, by your logic you are complicit far more than I am.  Your only solution was a retarded half baked militia idea you doubled down on.  My ideas are far more practical in getting the wrong weapons out of the wrong hands.  Your idea is absolutely insane.  Just go down to the local militia to pick up your BAR, school shooters.  JFC.  

Your militia idea is the most dangerous, ill thought out idea I have seen proposed on this board, but you are more concerned with defending it than dead kids.  Sit on that.  The fact you can not see how you are being logically inconsistent baffles me.  Yeah mental health status is not static, but you expect a militia to have more stringent by orders of magnitude mental health screenings than the actual military to prevent a wacko from checking out a tommy gun or M16 or some shit?

Do you realize how ridiculous your only proposed solution is?  How +++++ing insane?  Of course not, you are so dug in into defending it that me pointing out it is nonsense makes you state I have blood on my hands.  Your ideas are stupid, harmful, and would make matters worse by orders of magnitude.  Full stop.  Period.  If you can not follow that logic, it is because you are either far dumber than I thought or far more egotistical.  

Back to calling names?  

I at least offered a solution.  One that tried to balance the legitimate goals of the 2nd Amendment.   I’m not wedded to that particular solution (it’s not mine BTW).  I am wedded to keeping assault type weapons out of the hands of mentally unstable people.  Including those who become mentally unstable.  

Want an apology?  Prove me wrong.  Show me you put people’s lives over the 4th Amendment.  So far you have failed to prove that by all measures.  

On 5/27/2022 at 9:31 PM, sactowndog said:

Back to calling names?  

I at least offered a solution.  One that tried to balance the legitimate goals of the 2nd Amendment.   I’m not wedded to that particular solution (it’s not mine BTW).  I am wedded to keeping assault type weapons out of the hands of mentally unstable people.  Including those who become mentally unstable.  

Want an apology?  Prove me wrong.  Show me you put people’s lives over the 4th Amendment.  So far you have failed to prove that by all measures.  

Seriously going to be butt hurt about me calling you names after you called me responsible for the death of children?  

Yeah, your idea is retarded.  I have offered solutions  Your "solution" is the dumbest idea I have read on this board, which is saying something.

You saying that if I do not advocate for the confiscation of property makes me, specifically, not other posters, you single me out, responsible for the death of kids is +++++ing sick.  News flash the majority of Americans do not want the confiscation of arms by the government,my ideas, based on polling are for more progressive than most.

Your idea had no logic, is retarded, and you are more concerned with defending it than dead kids.  That is clear.  

The vast majority of posters here think confiscation will not work, yet you single me out and say I have blood on my hands because I was the one who pushed back your retarded militia shit.  As long as you are going to say that blood is on my hands with this school shooting, kindly get +++++ed.  

On 5/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, CV147 said:

Is this accurate?

FB_IMG_1653706762463.jpg

Attorneys have head light sized eyes on this.  Nothing will bring their kids back but I hope some type of restitution will ease some pain. Pretty sad parents were willing to bust down the door but not the guys that left their nutsacks home. 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:38 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously going to be butt hurt about me calling you names after you called me responsible for the death of children?  

Yeah, your idea is retarded.  I have offered solutions  Your "solution" is the dumbest idea I have read on this board, which is saying something.

You saying that if I do not advocate for the confiscation of property makes me, specifically, not other posters, you single me out, responsible for the death of kids is +++++ing sick.  News flash the majority of Americans do not want the confiscation of arms by the government,my ideas, based on polling are for more progressive than most.

Your idea had no logic, is retarded, and you are more concerned with defending it than dead kids.  That is clear.  

Yep I singled you out….

You are smart, articulate and persuasive.  To whom God gives much God expects much.  Don’t like it… tough shit.  Take it up with God.   

Your solutions skirt the central issue to maintain your 4th Amendment purity.  Offer a real solution and perhaps you will get an apology.  For now my comment stands.   

On 5/27/2022 at 9:51 PM, sactowndog said:

Yep I singled you out….

You are smart, articulate and persuasive.  To whom God gives much God expects much.  Don’t like it… tough shit.  Take it up with God.   

Your solutions skirt the central issue to maintain your 4th Amendment purity.  Offer a real solution and perhaps you will get an apology.  For now my comment stands.   

Your comments are that I have blood on my hands because I am not advocating for what you feel is the only real solution, confiscation of property.  You praise what you see as attributes in me but then say those attributes are only of use if they agree with you.

No, I do not like that.  There are numbers of pieces of legislation I would like passed, the same ideas I have formed over years of thoughtful debate and reconsideration of my once held positions.  I have proposed the ideas I did early in this thread for about the past 5 years, with small changes here and there.  Outside of a few jokes (hit the classics ya know) I have been consistent.  

I reject fully the idea that because I do not agree with a confiscation  or prohibition that I have blood on my hands, I am still alarmed you would suggest that.  And yes, I am fond of that 4th amendment and almost always when I bring it up it is to support causes that are considered pretty liberal.   

The only "real solutions" you will accept as passing your muster are ones in which a concession is made that weapons need to be confiscated, barred from private ownership and sale.  If I do not agree with that, you will not apologize for saying that I am personally responsible for the death of 19 kids.

That's some bull shit.  

On 5/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your comments are that I have blood on my hands because I am not advocating for what you feel is the only real solution, confiscation of property.  You praise what you see as attributes in me but then say those attributes are only of use if they agree with you.

No, I do not like that.  There are numbers of pieces of legislation I would like passed, the same ideas I have formed over years of thoughtful debate and reconsideration of my once held positions.  I have proposed the ideas I did early in this thread for about the past 5 years, with small changes here and there.  Outside of a few jokes (hit the classics ya know) I have been consistent.  

I reject fully the idea that because I do not agree with a confiscation  or prohibition that I have blood on my hands, I am still alarmed you would suggest that.  And yes, I am fond of that 4th amendment and almost always when I bring it up it is to support causes that are considered pretty liberal.   

The only "real solutions" you will accept as passing your muster are ones in which a concession is made that weapons need to be confiscated, barred from private ownership and sale.  If I do not agree with that, you will not apologize for saying that I am personally responsible for the death of 19 kids.

That's some bull shit.  

Fine we disagree.  You have my opinion.  Since it means nothing to you shouldn’t be a problem for you. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:11 PM, sactowndog said:

Fine we disagree.  You have my opinion.  Since it means nothing to you shouldn’t be a problem for you. 

Not sure how you got that, if your opinion did not mean anything to me, why would I care enough to respond?  I think your stated opinion about my culpability in the death of 19 kids is incredibly unfair in this thread, though.  From here the reason seems to stem from my being incredulous about your militia idea.  Sorry, I think it is damn insane.  I do support a lot of actual, real world ideas, though.  

On 5/27/2022 at 9:23 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not sure how you got that, if your opinion did not mean anything to me, why would I care enough to respond?  I think your stated opinion about my culpability in the death of 19 kids is incredibly unfair in this thread, though.  From here the reason seems to stem from my being incredulous about your militia idea.  Sorry, I think it is damn insane.  I do support a lot of actual, real world ideas, though.  

You are trying to give yourself an easy out….   

my issue is your unwillingness to recognize that for certain types of weapons some sort of regular mental health check is required and if you fail it, you lose the right to those types of weapons.   And yes that means you must surrender them.  Forcibly if necessary.  How that gets accomplished is negotiable.   

Come up with a workable solution and you will get an apology.  Otherwise…… 

On 5/27/2022 at 9:44 PM, FresnoFacts said:

The Uvalde Police and schools had 8 hours of active shooter training just 2 months ago? Did they not pay attention?

It’s Texas.  They can’t deliver the gas and kill people and can’t prevent a mass shooting from happening every +++++ing year.   But they sure can find creative ways to protect those fetuses.   

Most F’d up state in the country.  

On 5/27/2022 at 10:44 PM, FresnoFacts said:

The Uvalde Police and schools had 8 hours of active shooter training just 2 months ago? Did they not pay attention?

From the above timeline it appears seven officers entered the building shortly after the shooter did and two received grazing wounds. What they did or tried to do after that isn’t clear.

Tough to get in the classroom if the door is locked and the shooter is shooting through the door. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:55 PM, soupslam1 said:

What they did or tried to do after that isn’t clear. 

It’s clear to me. They let the shooter reload as much as he wanted and also try to finish off the whole classroom at his convenience. 

I guess they didn’t get the radio updates from dispatch that kids were calling 911 over and over. 

Or maybe all the cops hiding were just waiting around for the hostage negotiator to get back from 7-11 with coffee for all the fellas?