Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Today's mass shooting is.............

On 5/26/2022 at 4:09 PM, SDSUfan said:

If you're going to do unconstitutional shit  to stop this idiocy, banning the reporting of these incidents would do far more good. Make it a felony to publish anything about the shooter.  These are acts carried out by mostly young, male, socially inept, inconsequential losers. Their goal is almost always mostly recognition and attention.

Other than that, we can do even more unconstitutional shit through involuntary commitment.

We can also ditch professional "code of Ethics" crap by prosecuting psychologists and school counselors if they are aware of people who are capable of doing these monstrous things and fail to report them.

There are plenty of unconstitutional things we can do that would be more effective than this asinine, incessant attack on the 2nd amendment.

Lulz at incessant attack on the 2A. Gun control hasn't passed in a generation. Your precious 2A appears safe while innocent people die. You got 10 million gun sales annually to celebrate. Pour one out for the spent ammo.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, SharkTanked said:

Lulz at incessant attack on the 2A. Gun control hasn't passed in a generation. Your precious 2A appears safe while innocent people die. You got 10 million gun sales annually to celebrate. Pour one out for the spent ammo.

19 million Americans bought at least 1 gun last year.

On 5/26/2022 at 4:33 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Make the age to be considered an adult 21 for women and 25 for men?

I'd be fine with that.

Does compulsory schooling still end at 18? What do all the military bound young men who can't afford college do until 25? Free college? Otherwise a demographic of poor men with no schooling outside of college doing who knows what for 7 yrs sounds pretty dangerous.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, SharkTanked said:

Does compulsory schooling still end at 18? What do all the military bound young men who can't afford college do until 25? Free college? Otherwise a demographic of poor men with no schooling outside of college doing who knows what for 7 yrs sounds pretty dangerous.

I was half jesting, you can't have two different ages adulthood.  But no,  I don't think men should be able to make the decision to join the military until age 21.  Free community college I think is an idea most support.  

On 5/26/2022 at 4:40 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I was half jesting, you can't have two different ages adulthood.  But no,  I don't think men should be able to make the decision to join the military until age 21.  Free community college I think is an idea most support.  

That could work with some form of enlisted ROTC from 18-21 which provides a steady paycheck. Put them in non-combat assignments. An adjunct to free community college. After 18 we need to find them income above free schooling. Probably not enough non-degree jobs to cover that load.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:43 PM, SharkTanked said:

That could work with some form of enlisted ROTC from 18-21 which provides a steady paycheck. Put them in non-combat assignments. An adjunct to free community college. After 18 we need to find them income above free schooling. Probably not enough non-degree jobs to cover that load.

Sure, have them do community support as part of that but no deployment, and they can leave at any time.  

On 5/26/2022 at 4:06 PM, retrofade said:

Beto said that he was coming for weapons designed to be used on the battlefield, such as the AR-15 and the AK-47. 

He didn't say that he was coming for hunting rifles, shotguns, or even handguns. 

Oh, and Feinstein is just a moron after her crazy display just randomly pointing a rifle at people while claiming that she knew all about them because she had read things. 

What Beto probably should have said is that he would come for your high capacity magazines and things of that nature. That said, I know a lot of hunters; I don't know a single one of them who primarily uses an AR platform weapon for hunting. 

Yeah, Beto  plucked up in his messaging.   

He made a total ass of himself yesterday.   

Hopefully,  once emotions die down a bit our Legislatures can actually get something done.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 5/26/2022 at 4:34 PM, SharkTanked said:

I didn't say they were successful. Most Americans are smart enough to recognize that 2A has little if anything to do with these events.  It's only the America Hating Unhinged Communist Left (aka The Modern "Democrat" Party)  that obsesses on the freedom to own fire arms, enshrined in our Constitution, so as to have the ability to protect one's self, ironically, from the of America Hating Unhinged Communist Left (aka The Modern "Democrat" Party).

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/26/2022 at 5:14 PM, SDSUfan said:

I didn't say they were successful. Most Americans are smart enough to recognize that 2A has little if anything to do with these events.  It's only the America Hating Unhinged Communist Left (aka The Modern "Democrat" Party)  that obsesses on the freedom to own fire arms, enshrined in our Constitution, so as to have the ability to protect one's self, ironically, from the of America Hating Unhinged Communist Left (aka The Modern "Democrat" Party).

So you support common sense gun reform? About 90% of the country wants universal background checks. 

On 5/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/26/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-thursday/index.html

Uvalde's police force shouldn't be expected to have handled this well themselves. However, where was the famous Texas Rangers? Sure seems to me like somebody screwed up to at least some degree.

There are only 165 Rangers for the entire state....it's not like there is a Texas Rangers station in Uvalde and probably not a single Ranger there. With the closest ranger HQ being in Austin 2.5 hours away, I'm not sure why they would be expected to be standing by and ready to go for something like this in a small town like Uvalde. 

On 5/26/2022 at 4:34 PM, SharkTanked said:

I say that there should be a move to amend the 2nd Amendment - It's just an amendment and not carved in stone & sealed away for all time like some want to think -- it can be changed or even repealed just like any Amendment that exists 

On 5/26/2022 at 6:09 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, Beto  plucked up in his messaging.   

He made a total ass of himself yesterday.   

Hopefully,  once emotions die down a bit our Legislatures can actually get something done.

Just read a bunch of interviews from citizens at the meeting and the mayor. They were all very pissed at Beto especially the mayor as he told everyone not to make the meeting about politics. 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:16 PM, SharkTanked said:

So you support common sense gun reform? About 90% of the country wants universal background checks. 

Yes

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

So here is what I consider real lunacy on the left. This is +++++ing ridiculous. Most of those cops were undoubtedly Hispanic. I know many I saw from the footage and interviews were.

This is the kind of ignorant crap that serves to derail the pursuit of improvement.