Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Football Week 0 (and week 1) out now

On 5/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Utah State going from -27 to +37 the very next next week is pretty funny.

You go from playing arguably the worst FBS team in the country one week to the arguably the best the next.

The Big Ten has three Conference tilts in Week 0/1.

Northwestern/Neb, Indy/Illini and PennSt/Purdue.

The AAC has two Clemson/GaTech and Louisville/Syracuse

Wtf ?

That's just brutal. !

I can't understand these schools willingly playing a Conference game right out of the gate.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/23/2022 at 8:16 AM, Reverend said:

The decline of Boise State continues under this coaching staff. Harsin's political BS when it came to recruiting didn't help.

They're way too early betting lines.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

On 5/23/2022 at 9:16 AM, Reverend said:

The decline of Boise State continues under this coaching staff. Harsin's political BS when it came to recruiting didn't help.

We’ll be better this year. We brought in some good recruits on the Dline that will give us more quality depth. Our safety tandem will be better than any in the MWC and many teams in the country. The defense as a whole should be rock solid.

The offense all depends on the Oline. We’ve added two pretty good players at center and right tackle, and the other three are experienced so I expect better things. Holani needs to stay healthy. Shakir is a huge loss but Cobbs is pretty good and Bachmeier will have to spread the ball around which will be a good thing. 

Last, the schedule is much easier with just about every tough MWC team at home. If we can avoid key injuries we can beat every team on our schedule. I see us going 9-3 or 10-2. 

On 5/23/2022 at 10:52 PM, soupslam1 said:

We’ll be better this year. We brought in some good recruits on the Dline that will give us more quality depth. Our safety tandem will be better than any in the MWC and many teams in the country. The defense as a whole should be rock solid.

The offense all depends on the Oline. We’ve added two pretty good players at center and right tackle, and the other three are experienced so I expect better things. Holani needs to stay healthy. Shakir is a huge loss but Cobbs is pretty good and Bachmeier will have to spread the ball around which will be a good thing. 

Last, the schedule is much easier with just about every tough MWC team at home. If we can avoid key injuries we can beat every team on our schedule. I see us going 9-3 or 10-2. 

I'll believe the o-line is better when I see it with my own eye's. They've been flat out awful the last two years and they weren't that great the three years before that. It's our perpetual achilleas heel. Color me skeptical. 

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, Spaztecs said:

Northwestern/Neb, Indy/ and PennSt/Purdue.

Wtf ?

That's just brutal. !

I can't understand these schools willingly playing a Conference game right out of the gate.

That NU/NU game is in Dublin, Ireland too I think.  Terrible way to start your year.  

On 5/23/2022 at 5:39 AM, Spaztecs said:

Northwestern/Neb, Indy/Illini and PennSt/Purdue.

Wtf ?

That's just brutal. !

TV Money.  Networks ask for meaningful games

On 5/23/2022 at 6:48 AM, misplacedcowboy said:

Wyoming +11 looks about right.

Any idea when they release the full game spreads and not just the 1st quarter lines?

How do the Pokes look at RB & QB?

On 5/25/2022 at 7:57 AM, Wyobraska said:

Good to go at RB, QB is a huge question mark again.  Will QB really matter though in Bohls offense is the bigger question.  

QB?  You mean RB V2.0?  How big of a question is it when they either run or hand it off.  Not much skill needed beyond being fast. 

On 5/25/2022 at 5:47 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

How do the Pokes look at RB & QB?

RB we will be as good or better than previous years. Are deep and have different types of backs. Our starter is a punishing downhill runner and there is a guy who opened eyes in spring with his amazing speed and quickness, along with a few inbetween. I think we will be better at QB, low bar. The kid from Utah State is better than the two kids we lost. Will it be good enough? I don't know. I know a lot of the talk was that the offense was the same this year as previous BOhl years but I really think they were trying to change it up but the QB play was so bad that they couldn't. I guess we will see this year but I think we could be pleasantly surprised. But I am used to being dissapointed by my expectations.  

On 5/25/2022 at 7:00 AM, HR_Poke said:

QB?  You mean RB V2.0?  How big of a question is it when they either run or hand it off.  Not much skill needed beyond being fast. 

OC=Aztec Weakest Link.