Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gonzagafan2021

Should the mountain west go global and try to appeal to the Asia Pacific market?

I think it would be a cool idea. There's a lot of potential in this as asia has been successful in making other leagues popular like the premier league, nba, and F1? With a lot of viewership from another continent it could give the league a big push similar to the premier league. What do you guys think? I mean maybe viewership for MWC basketball and football could be really good.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:22 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

And what's wrong with that you don't wanna be the best conference in the country 

Yer thinking too small

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14130-first-space-ad-targets-hungry-aliens/#:~:text=The advertisement%2C for Doritos tortilla,like planet and extraterrestrial life.

Didn't know Pan-Asians were into Football. Let alone MW Football.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Some people just cant handle the off season.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Baby Reaction GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/21/2022 at 9:55 PM, soupslam1 said:

It’s actually not that crazy of an idea. How many schools recruit Asia, hardly anyone. Basketball is big in China 

"cross multiply" memes.  That is all

On 5/22/2022 at 10:22 AM, Spaztecs said:

Didn't know Pan-Asians were into Football. Let alone MW Football.

A decade ago, Hosei University in Japan installed a blue turf.

https://www.idahopress.com/blogs/sports/dave/japanese-university-installs-blue-turf/article_84611872-b4e8-11e1-9819-001a4bcf887a.html

On 5/21/2022 at 8:52 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

I think it would be a cool idea. There's a lot of potential in this as asia has been successful in making other leagues popular like the premier league, nba, and F1? With a lot of viewership from another continent it could give the league a big push similar to the premier league. What do you guys think? I mean maybe viewership for MWC basketball and football could be really good.

What countries do you have in mind? Japan is the only country in Asia that borders the Pacific Ocean. Now you could say China, Taiwan, Philippines, Indonesia, but they're all bordered by the East China Sea, South China Sea, Celebes Sea, etc.

Also, imagine a Filipino being interested in College Sports in America. Not saying it's not possible, but I don't see the purpose of this.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:52 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

So like UBC?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

San Diego State Ham Fighters.....I like it!

Probably the coolest nickname in all sports everywhere.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/22/2022 at 3:54 PM, jdgaucho said:

The Japanese have great taste.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, Anon5251042 said:

What countries do you have in mind? Japan is the only country in Asia that borders the Pacific Ocean. Now you could say China, Taiwan, Philippines, Indonesia, but they're all bordered by the East China Sea, South China Sea, Celebes Sea, etc.

Also, imagine a Filipino being interested in College Sports in America. Not saying it's not possible, but I don't see the purpose of this.

All those seas are part of the Pacific.