Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Robinson and Roddy Invited to the Combine

On 5/11/2022 at 12:29 PM, NevadaFan said:

That kid’s a gamer. I think both could find a home in the nba. 

Matt Mitchell is playing in the Euro League.  Roddy is a lesser Matt Mitchell.

Robinson will get a good long look.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, SDSUfan said:

Matt Mitchell is playing in the Euro League.  Roddy is a lesser Matt Mitchell.

Robinson will get a good long look.

You think so?   Roddy is more of everything Mitchell had IMO.   Mitchell played on a better team IMO. 

On 5/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, roughrider said:

You think so?   Roddy is more of everything Mitchell had IMO.   Mitchell played on a better team IMO. 

I’d also take Roddy over Mitchell. Did Roddy not participate, his grades showed a bunch of NAs. 

On 5/14/2022 at 12:53 PM, soupslam1 said:

I’d also take Roddy over Mitchell. Did Roddy not participate, his grades showed a bunch of NAs. 

It starts on Monday.  They just didn't have (look up?) his stuff.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:18 PM, roughrider said:

On 5/14/2022 at 11:53 AM, soupslam1 said:

He has the same issues as Mitch.  Not big enough to play the 4 in the league and can't shoot well enough to play the 3.

Also, he needs to drop at least 20lbs to make it through 82 games.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, SDSUfan said:

He has the same issues as Mitch.  Not big enough to play the 4 in the league and can't shoot well enough to play the 3.

Also, he needs to drop at least 20lbs to make it through 82 games.

He’s improved his shooting percentage every year and was 44% from three and 57% overall this past year. Definitely good enough to play the three. If he stays in the draft, someone will draft him, then it’s a matter of getting into camp and showing he can hang. 

On 5/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, soupslam1 said:

He’s improved his shooting percentage every year and was 44% from three and 57% overall this past year. Definitely good enough to play the three. If he stays in the draft, someone will draft him, then it’s a matter of getting into camp and showing he can hang. 

Hope he gets a look.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, soupslam1 said:

I once fought with La Tech fans about Paul Milsap’s ability to shoot the ball in the NBA on the old WAC board…. That didn’t turn out so well for me. Roddy reminds me of a more athletic version of him. 

On 5/18/2022 at 8:16 PM, NevadaFan said:

I once fought with La Tech fans about Paul Milsap’s ability to shoot the ball in the NBA on the old WAC board…. That didn’t turn out so well for me. Roddy reminds me of a more athletic version of him. 

Milsap beat Boise State with a three at the buzzer many years ago. He was a heckuva player and had a great NBA career.