Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Prepare the lube Nevada adds Jarod Lucas

On 5/10/2022 at 7:27 PM, Half-Man n All-Tyrant said:

YUP...NoNV is all supply & very lil' demand

Northern Nevada outside of Reno yes, but Reno has the opposite issue.

The median home price in Reno just hit 630k, that’s compared to 450k in Vegas.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:36 PM, bigd said:

Northern Nevada outside of Reno yes, but Reno has the opposite issue.

The median home price in Reno just hit 630k, that’s compared to 450k in Vegas.

¡Con-Grat-U-F-King-Lay-Tions!  Compared to the shyte hole that is Vegas, Reno is more expensive in this crazy over-inflated-mkt driven by near zero interest rates, that are on the verge of going away.

¿What kind of consolation is that?  Vegas is where the ppl who can't make enough money to live in Calif & can't afford NoNev, move to realize the American Dream of home ownership.  Don't get me started on the folks that cannot buy in Vegas & have to settle on Kingman, Bullhead City/Laughlin, Blythe, Yuma, etc...  ¡RIGHT ON...Reno wins the battle of the midgets!

¡$630k, in todays mrkt...haha!  Any place worth a damn has been doing the same thing going through the roof since the lockdown ended.  It's not like Reno is in some special uber top-secrete real estate vacuum or something.  Just cause y'all are at $630k now, means nothing.  All the other semi-desirable place have gone up just as much; or more likely, even more.  Y'all are a lil' fish, in an even smaller pond.  A >1.4k-sq-ft 3-bdrm/1.75-bath single-family single-story ranch style house on a sml lot in my neighborhood starts at $2mm.  

The crazy appreciation in Reno's current real estate mkt is no different than comparable mkts in the rest of the western US.  ¿What makes you think Reno/Sparks has accelerated any faster relative to everywhere else in the Inter-Mtn West/West Coast folks want to live?

On 5/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, battle.borne said:

Reno/Sparks is critical logistical hub for the Western United States.

Y’all got a Truck Driving School also?  Logistical hub!  Dang, this whole time I’ve been thinking RENO was just a place for blue haired old ladies to play Bingo  

It was snowing today in Reno.  Yep. Shithole. Enough said. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 5/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, Half-Man n All-Tyrant said:

You forget I wrk'd in Reno for NewChannel8 for a minute back-in-the-day.  What a sack o' shyte.  Get over yourself.  Reno is just a small city/lrg town in the most populated part of mostly desolate NoNV.  

¿You think young hoops recruits give a second thought about Reno being a regional truck stop (aka: "logistical hub") at the Jct of I-80 & US-395 w/a few slot machines & blkjack tables?

I think I can safely “speak” for a large segment of the board when I state that we all liked you much better when you were banned. You should work on that. 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:14 PM, battle.borne said:

Heaven on earth.  Get rekt you uppity bitch

Pls spare us the Chamber of Commerce BS hyperbole.

¡Hey!  BTW ¿are there any decent FB players left in Reno on the defensive side of the ball?  I like the look of the Ram Pack's new O in Ft Collins this Spring, however I think we could still use a lil' more depth on the other side of the ball before nxt-Fall.  

¿Do y'all have any more battle borne student athletes that can lend a hand over in NoColo?

On 5/10/2022 at 8:46 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Y’all got a Truck Driving School also?  Logistical hub!  Dang, this whole time I’ve been thinking RENO was just a place for blue haired old ladies to play Bingo  

You’re a pleasant person. 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:46 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Oh ya...my grandmother in Modesto, use to absolutely LOVE to get on the tour bus & head to Harrah's in Reno to play cards.  

¡RIP Grandma!

On 5/11/2022 at 10:18 AM, NevadaFan said:

And people wonder why this board has generally turned into dogshit?! 

I have always blamed you!

On 5/10/2022 at 7:48 PM, Half-Man n All-Tyrant said:

¡Con-Grat-U-F-King-Lay-Tions!  Compared to the shyte hole that is Vegas, Reno is more expensive in this crazy over-inflated-mkt driven by near zero interest rates, that are on the verge of going away.

¿What kind of consultation is that?  Vegas is where the ppl who can't make enough money to live in Calif & can't afford NoNev, move to realize the American Dream of home ownership.  Don't get me started on the folks that cannot buy in Vegas & have to settle on Kingman, Bullhead City/Laughlin, Blythe, Yuma, etc...  ¡RIGHT ON...Reno wins the battle of the midgets!

¡$630k, in todays mrkt...haha!  Any place worth a damn has been doing the same thing going through the roof since the lockdown ended.  It's not like Reno is in some special uber top-secrete real estate vacuum or something.  Just cause y'all are at $630k now, means nothing.  All the other semi-desirable place have gone up just as much; or more likely, even more.  Y'all are a lil' fish, in an even smaller pond.  A >1.4k-sq-ft 3-bdrm/1.75-bath single-family single-story ranch style house on a sml lot in my neighborhood starts at $2mm.  

The crazy appreciation in Reno's current real estate mkt is no different than comparable mkts in the rest of the western US.  ¿What makes you think Reno/Sparks has accelerated any faster relative to everywhere else in the Inter-Mtn West/West Coast folks want to live?

I was thinking you were a UNLV fan, that's the only reason I brought up Vegas. And I was also responding to this quote:

YUP...NoNV is all supply & very lil' demand

Which is the exact opposite of what you're saying. Reno certainly isn't suffering from lack of demand, I almost wish it was. 

No doubt that appreciation has occurred everywhere, I think most MW markets have experienced it in more extreme ways than the rest of the country. It will be interesting to see if interest rates bring prices down, I'm still thinking they won't. It will certainly slow appreciation, but it's ultimately an issue of demand. 

On 5/10/2022 at 9:48 PM, bigd said:

You’re a pleasant person. 

Thank you. You too!

Yeah, not of big fan of Reno.  Not much to like there.  The University I guess. 

Btw, think the Wolfpack will be one of the teams the Spartans beat next year. Spartans up, Wolfpack down. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 5/11/2022 at 3:27 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Thank you. You too!

Yeah, not of big fan of Reno.  Not much to like there.  The University I guess. 

Btw, think the Wolfpack will be one of the teams the Spartans beat next year. Spartans up, Wolfpack down. 

I agree, I doubt we’re going to beat many conference foes next year, hopefully Hawaii and UNLV.

SJSU should win, though I’d love to see us get the win after you stole a couple of our receivers.

Hopefully Brennan can turn things around next year and prove he wasn’t a one year Covid fluke.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:00 PM, bigd said:

I agree, I doubt we’re going to beat many conference foes next year, hopefully Hawaii and UNLV.

SJSU should win, though I’d love to see us get the win after you stole a couple of our receivers.

Hopefully Brennan can turn things around next year and prove he wasn’t a one year Covid fluke.

I think we can win 4-5 games, and 6 not impossible. We should be good enough to beat NMSU, Incarnate Word and Texas St. Then we should beat Hawaii. We’ll have a shot at UNLV. So that’s 5. Call me crazy, but that CSU game in Reno is going to be a full blown UNLV rivalry type game where anything could happen. Norvell will still be getting many on board with a new system, and shit can happen. Upsetting SJSU won’t be impossible, so while bowling isn’t too likely, not impossible. I just don’t think we’re going to be THAT bad as many expect.

kat.jpg

On 5/11/2022 at 5:48 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I think we can win 4-5 games, and 6 not impossible. We should be good enough to beat NMSU, Incarnate Word and Texas St. Then we should beat Hawaii. We’ll have a shot at UNLV. So that’s 5. Call me crazy, but that CSU game in Reno is going to be a full blown UNLV rivalry type game where anything could happen. Norvell will still be getting many on board with a new system, and shit can happen. Upsetting SJSU won’t be impossible, so while bowling isn’t too likely, not impossible. I just don’t think we’re going to be THAT bad as many expect.

Yeah our ooc is perfect this year. If everything falls into place six wins definitely isn’t out of the question and would honestly be a huge accomplishment for Wilson.

Starting out 3-1 would be huge for building confidence heading into conference play if nothing else.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:48 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I couldn't agree more. It will not be a friendly homecoming for JN and a handful of players.  We seriously need to have our shit together before we board the plane.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:27 PM, nvspuds said:

No the Pack was not the most talented team in the conference last season.   SDSU, CSU, BSU and Wyoming were all more talented..Not even close..

Agree except for Wyoming who was a two man team to a fault,  and that lack of 5 players in playing in a defined team offense together was exposed in the NCAAs and that is on the coach IMHO

..GO FALCONS..

On 5/11/2022 at 5:48 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Hate to rain on anybody's parade, but we're likely going to be terrible this year. We lost just about our entire offense and most of our defense, as well as much of the depth behind them. Wilson could do a fantastic job, and six wins would still be a miracle. Texas State is probably a good barometer and this year likely our equal, give or take, and at home it's close enough that we should win that game. Incarnate Word is not a gimme. Hell, they beat Texas State last year and made it to the second round of the FCS Playoffs. They can certainly beat this team. NMSU is terrible, but the game is in Las Cruces and this will be our first game with an entirely new roster. Hawaii's roster is just as big a mess as ours, but the game is in Honolulu. Not generally a place where we play well. We will lose one or two of those four games. UNLV, SJSU and Colorado State are the only other winnable games on the schedule, and we should be underdogs in all three. 

I see four wins as the over/under. If Wilson hits that number and the team shows improvement over the course of the year, he will have done a very good job in his first year. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:05 AM, NVGiant said:

Hate to rain on anybody's parade, but we're likely going to be terrible this year. We lost just about our entire offense and most of our defense, as well as much of the depth behind them. Wilson could do a fantastic job, and six wins would still be a miracle. Texas State is probably a good barometer and this year likely our equal, give or take, and at home it's close enough that we should win that game. Incarnate Word is not a gimme. Hell, they beat Texas State last year and made it to the second round of the FCS Playoffs. They can certainly beat this team. NMSU is terrible, but the game is in Las Cruces and this will be our first game with an entirely new roster. Hawaii's roster is just as big a mess as ours, but the game is in Honolulu. Not generally a place where we play well. We will lose one or two of those four games. UNLV, SJSU and Colorado State are the only other winnable games on the schedule, and we should be underdogs in all three. 

I see four wins as the over/under. If Wilson hits that number and the team shows improvement over the course of the year, he will have done a very good job in his first year. 

You may be right, but I’m just a bit more optimistic. We have picked up some good players to offset some of our losses, so…..    If I were going to put a lot of money on it, I’d probably say 3-4 wins as safe. But I’d even put some money on 5. 6? No. But it’s possible. We’ll have to see how things look in summer ball.

kat.jpg