Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Roe and Casey soon to be overturned

On 6/25/2022 at 2:21 PM, scounty said:

Wow. Do you have any idea how much money the cartels make regarding the border? Do you know what a rape tree is? 

You realize that the cartels control the entire Mexican border, right?

Drugs coming across that border have killed thousands upon thousands 

You're interpretation of the border to reduce it to immigrants alone is so telling.

Kids, moms, sisters. They all die out there.

Do some research man. 

That's how prohibition works. Prohibit substances and the movement of people, criminals will step in and provide the service.

Looking forward to you making this same argument but with abortions in a few years. 

Norteno abortions. Come and get 'em!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:06 PM, bornontheblue said:

While we are at it can we find a way to get #1stumner back. Not the sock version, but the real one. 

We reached out to Bluerules to make it really fun, he has no interest of returning, sadly.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:06 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We reached out to Bluerules to make it really fun, he has no interest of returning, sadly.

He called me a bitch (didn’t use that word but that’s the abridged version) and accused me of banning everybody I disagreed with. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 6/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, mugtang said:

He called me a bitch (didn’t use that word but that’s the abridged version) and accused me of banning everybody I disagreed with. 

Sad.  

It's a MWCboard tragedy Orange and Blues were posting at different eras.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sad.  

The internet would’ve collapsed 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 6/25/2022 at 3:10 PM, mugtang said:

Blues was an embodied contradiction. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

The Vatican and US Catholic Church are happy about the SCOTUS ruling.

But some of what they are saying should happen next will not please many of the US conservatives.

Healthcare access, living wage, paid leave, sex education, gun violence, and more are all showing up in Church connected statements about what needs to happen next.

From different Catholic Church sources yesterday and today:

Pontifical Academy for Life - "also means ensuring adequate sexual education, guaranteeing health care accessible to all and preparing legislative measures to protect the family and motherhood, overcoming existing inequalities."

https://www.academyforlife.va/content/pav/en/news/2022/us-supreme-court-abortion.html

Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore, chairman of the USCCB’s Committee on Pro-Life Activities - "The Church also needs to advocate in the public arena for good healthcare, housing, employment, a living wage, and adoption services, he added."

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/church/news/2022-06/usa-scotus-archbishop-william-lori-roe-wade-abortion-life.html

Vatican News Editorial - "Being for life, always, for example, means being concerned if the mortality rates of women due to motherhood increase. In the United States, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the maternal mortality rate has gone from 20.1 deaths of women per 100,000 live births in 2019 to 23.8 per 100,000 in 2020. And, strikingly, the maternal mortality rate for black women in 2020 was 55.3 deaths per 100,000 live births, 2.9 times the rate for white women.

Being for life, always, means asking how to help women welcome new life. According to one statistic in the United States, about 75 per cent of women who have abortions live in poverty or have low wages. And only 16 per cent of employees in private industry have access to paid parental leave, according to a study published in the Harvard Review of Psychiatry on 9 March 2020. Almost one in four new mothers who are not entitled to paid leave are forced to return to work within ten days of giving birth.

Being for life, always, also means defending it against the threat of firearms, which unfortunately have become a leading cause of death of children and adolescents in the US."

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/world/news/2022-06/for-life-always.html

On 6/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, LuDog70 said:

Except most of the time it's not.  

Just like the .14% of the time rape and incest citation is used to justify killing 60 million babies.  

Just a clue.  A couple posters here damn near lost their wife’s because of late term complications with pregnancy.  No way for you to know but you are treading on some very sensitive topics for some people.   

On 6/25/2022 at 4:06 PM, smltwnrckr said:

That's how prohibition works. Prohibit substances and the movement of people, criminals will step in and provide the service.

Looking forward to you making this same argument but with abortions in a few years. 

Norteno abortions. Come and get 'em!

Lol. Conflating international situations with domestic policy. Never change. You do you, though. 

Legalize fentanyl. Good plan. 

Shit, may as well adopt North Korean abortion policy. 

On 6/25/2022 at 4:26 PM, sactowndog said:

Just a clue.  A couple posters here damn near lost their wife’s because of late term complications with pregnancy.  No way for you to know but you are treading on some very sensitive topics for some people.   

Best friend almost lost his wife during birth. Don't conflate those drastic situations with elective abortions that have overwhelmingly made up the majority of the 60+ million abortions. 

On 6/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, bornontheblue said:

While we are at it can we find a way to get #1stumner back. Not the sock version, but the real one. 

Whenever he wants to come back. 

On 6/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sad.  

and those colors go so nicely together, right? 

On 6/25/2022 at 3:29 PM, scounty said:

Best friend almost lost his wife during birth. Don't conflate those drastic situations with elective abortions that have overwhelmingly made up the majority of the 60+ million abortions. 

I am not.  I’m merely giving context to Lu as he was going down the it almost never happens when it absolutely did happen to a couple posters here.  

On 6/25/2022 at 2:12 PM, scounty said:

I mean, really? I listen to progressive radio on a daily basis. How can he not outline basic principles of right wingers? I could spend 2 days alone on border policy regarding the cartels and the changing voting demographics regarding such issues. 

Unreal. 

What exactly is progressive radio that you listen to?  Just curious. 

On 6/25/2022 at 4:35 PM, sactowndog said:

What exactly is progressive radio that you listen to?  Just curious. 

There are some XM radio stations.  The Young Turks have their own channel.  No idea if that is what he is talking about.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:38 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There are some XM radio stations.  The Young Turks have their own channel.  No idea if that is what he is talking about.

He's probably referring to NPR.

People, not a fan.