Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Roe and Casey soon to be overturned

On 6/25/2022 at 12:14 AM, 4UNLV said:

Speaking of, France denounced this ruling today.

Macron is another ineffective stopgap trying to stem the tide of a fascist political party. 

France probably doesn’t need another Napoleon though, their normal folks are doing fine for the most part. Primarily because they have backbone and set fire to entire cities when you +++++ with their rights. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, 4UNLV said:

Yeah apparently they are more restrictive than SOME of our states.,

I'm not going to complain when California allows abortion up to birth. Also, I appreciate your use of "than". One of my biggest pet peeves. You sir, spell well.

Just want to put this out there,  if any of your girlfriends, wives, family members need to visit Las Vegas for medical care any time in the near future, let me know, I’ll hook you up with a place to stay..I think there will be a lot of people volunteering to put someone up for a night or two..

On 6/25/2022 at 12:25 AM, scounty said:

So they aren't real?

If ANTIFA was anything beyond tiny, disconnected groups of skinny losers wearing black at protests this country would be a lot better off. 

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

On 6/24/2022 at 9:27 PM, 4UNLV said:

Just want to put this out there,  if any of your girlfriends, wives, family members need to visit Las Vegas for medical care any time in the near future, let me know, I’ll hook you up with a place to stay..I think there will be a lot of people volunteering to put someone up for a night or two..

Someone should start a non profit website where people can connect for this. Call it...carebnb. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:25 PM, scounty said:

I'm not going to complain when California allows abortion up to birth. Also, I appreciate your use of "than". One of my biggest pet peeves. You sir, spell well.

She's not a sir, sir. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:31 PM, ph90702 said:

People like Elizabeth Warren have publicly advocated for adding six Justice to the Supreme Court.

Crashing the economy wasn’t a goal either, yet the Republicans did that in 2008.

As far as #1 goes, the Republicans say that someone can get an abortion somewhere else.  Abortion should be legal, within reason, everywhere.  People shouldn’t have to get vaccinated against COVID-19 if they don’t want to.

no, they didn't...it just happened when they were in the White House

too many folks seem to confuse causation with circumstance 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:25 PM, scounty said:

New Mexico already allows abortion up up to birth as of 2 years ago. At 9 months it’s still a clump of cells isn’t it?

On 6/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, toonkee said:

Someone should start a non profit website where people can connect for this. Call it...carebnb. 

I think it will happen.. I've already seen people inviting people for "vacations" in Colorado or California on social media. 

On 6/24/2022 at 9:25 PM, scounty said:

So they aren't real?

i mean...real in what sense?...lol

real as in...a tiny subset of angry suburban teenagers and maybe an elderly (e.g., 30 something) vegan charles manson type as a sort of spiritual guru holed up in some shithole in northeast portland somewhere thats become "the" bogeyman of sorts in right wing crowds by essentially being hyped beyond belief through usage of modern social media channels?...lol

probably...lol

but real as in...a real menace or threat or whatever the right wingers are saying these days...or really...anything remotely serious?...lol

no...lol

On 6/25/2022 at 12:33 AM, SAMO said:

i mean...real in what sense?...lol

real as in...a tiny subset of angry suburban teenagers and maybe an elderly (e.g., 30 something) vegan charles manson type as a sort of spiritual guru holed up in some shithole in northeast portland somewhere thats become "the" bogeyman of sorts in right wing crowds by essentially being hyped beyond belief through usage of modern social media channels?...lol

probably...lol

but real as in...a real menace or threat or whatever the right wingers are saying these days...or really...anything remotely serious?...lol

no...lol

Im sure a lot of Fox News addicted morons are actually disappointed ANTIFA isn’t coming to “invade” their shitty subdivision in some exurban hellhole… they’ve been fantasizing about gunning down leftists since they can remember 

On 6/24/2022 at 9:06 PM, Akkula said:

The NYC metro area has a higher GDP than all of Canada.  Imo, if anyone joins anyone it would be them asking.  They haven't wanted to join thus far so I doubt they want any part of this shit show.

It is incredible how much gdp us cities produce compared to other countries.  

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/understanding-americas-enormous-20-6t-economy-by-comparing-us-metro-area-gdps-to-entire-countries/

If the West coast, New England and the blue midwestern states all created a country with Canada (let’s be honest Canada would likely merge with them, not them joining Canada) it would still be the most powerful country in the world.  Leaving the Great Plains and the South as their own country.   States that I imagine would follow this hypothetical would be; Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona (maybe), New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine.  Hawaii would probably go it’s own way but maintain military ties with this new country.  Alaska could join because it would make the most economic sense for them.   That would leave Texas and Florida as the big dogs of the new country.  Would still be a strong country but not nearly as strong as the new one. Both would be nuclear powers so there likely wouldn’t be a war between them.  Could still maintain military and economic ties of some sort.  Maybe have a mutual defense treaty similar to NATO.  

I imagine after some time, maybe 20-25 years, there would be a form of reconciliation between the two countries and the creation of a new country would happen.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 6/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, youngredbullfan said:

If ANTIFA was anything beyond tiny, disconnected groups of skinny losers wearing black at protests this country would be a lot better off. 

Let's work together and make antifa a real boogey man for the right!  

On 6/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, mugtang said:

If the West coast, New England and the blue midwestern states all created a country with Canada (let’s be honest Canada would likely merge with them, not them joining Canada) it would still be the most powerful country in the world.  Leaving the Great Plains and the South as their own country.   States that I imagine would follow this hypothetical would be; Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona (maybe), New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine.  Hawaii would probably go it’s own way but maintain military ties with this new country.  Alaska could join because it would make the most economic sense for them.   That would leave Texas and Florida as the big dogs of the new country.  Would still be a strong country but not nearly as strong as the new one. Both would be nuclear powers so there likely wouldn’t be a war between them.  Could still maintain military and economic ties of some sort.  Maybe have a mutual defense treaty similar to NATO.  

I imagine after some time, maybe 20-25 years, there would be a form of reconciliation between the two countries and the creation of a new country would happen.

Yes! Now that conference realignment has calmed... let's realign the USA!   Who gets to be Tulane so long ago turned down the SEC!

Posted Image

On 6/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, Akkula said:

Let's work together and make antifa a real boogey man for the right!  

Yes! Now that conference realignment has calmed... let's realign the USA!   Who gets to be Tulane so long ago turned down the SEC!

I nominate 'Zona...

On 6/24/2022 at 10:48 PM, ripple effect said:

I nominate 'Zona...

I think it would be a state who still looks like a strong contender... but whose best days are behind... who make a fateful decision to affiliate with Alabama and are forevermore on the outside looking in.  Maybe Ohio.

Posted Image